On the Matter of Indefinite Bans

Orlanth

As lotcs most banned player, I will address this post.

I think as a player you want 100 percent want an admin ban over a moderation ban if its something crazy because mods vote on certain ban appeals and u can get caught up in hell if ppl don't like you or your image. Personally, the mods will never unban me.

Plus, getting unbanned on lotc is not that hard unless you can't appeal correctly or did something really bad. Even then, the entire staff team will turn over and eventually you can get unbanned. Where there is a will, there is a way.

I think nation leaders and staff members should go through a more transparent process when being subject to bans and discipline due to the nature of the positions and integrity to the server.

Edit: Also i think its funny some people saying years ago it used to be better becaues did you play bro 🤣 Those admins perma'd u for whatever way moreso than now, very little transparency on anything, even mods could easily remove u off the server. Its a lot more fair now. If urasept and shift was still admins some of ya'll would be in the trenches

5 hours ago, Gridlock said:

Allowing people who did major bad stuff just because the population of the server is in decline is the dumbest excuse I've heard in a while for letting scumbags back on. Let's unban all the groomers aswell, I mean we need all the players we can get.

Nobody is presenting the argument that we should purposefully unban players simply to prevent the diminishing playerbase, it's wrong to try and misrepresent the purpose of the original post. There needs to be much more moderator transparency, that is the point. Over the past two years I can name you more than five influential players who were handed bans for reasons which were poorly explained, for reasons which were ingenuine. Why is that? Even in the event that such bans were warranted, the length of said bans were not. These bans were the byproduct of power hungry server staff with abusive tendencies.

Transparency is necessary to ensure a checks and balance system is in place to prevent server staff from abusing their powers, something which seems to occur far too often over the past few years.

image.thumb.png.8cc72f1ed68b1f879a8e9e17e6a9c946.png

you have been banned for an offense so severe we cannot even name it... the evidence so frightful to your sensibilities that we cannot even post a screenshot of it. see you in forever.

and appealing it? good luck buster.