A Baroness Gone/A Daughter Rises

EmiliainWonderland

It is with great sadness that I must announce the passing of my mother, the Baroness Giselle Chloe de Rosius. 

I do not wish to get into her passing in depth, but we shall be hosting a funeral in her remembrance sometime soon.

With this news being out and finally in the open after several days of contemplation, I'd like to also announce my departure from my family members and all of the issues that stemmed from them.

With this, I'd like also extend an olive branch to my extended family, The Vuillers and the Darkwoods. If you have the time, I'd like to speak with you regarding the slight my mother has made against you and your families and apologize for them. 

I will be taking a separate route from my siblings and taking on the name of Rhodon, which is another way of saying Rose. I will always be a member of de Rosius in my heart, but no longer in name and no longer in culture. I hope you will support me in this endeavor as I strive to do what my mother never could. I still love my sister Diane sincerely, but I have doubts in her ability to continue our line successfully here in Balian, so I'd rather stay in the nation I love and make my own family with my husband and children. 

Moving forward one step at a time, 

Sincerely,

f75d0a6123d3ca87fe8210b609a8bccd.png

Spoiler

OOC: 

Chloe didn't really deserve a pk post, every sense of attachment I had to her in the past disappeared and I was left with a hollow shell of a character that was incredibly dull to play. I DID call out Diane in this, but Phoebe knows we're ok oocly, I'd like to formally request with Chloe being gone that their peerage also goes, as Diane has agreed with oocly as well. Their is no point in keeping it around with only a few active members who are either moving to different nations or moving to different families altogether. Much love for the time Chloe's spent in Balian, but now I'm really excited to see where Emilia will go, even if that ends up being nowhere at all. 

Much love, 

Emi

As the news reached Lucius, the Baron proceeded to light a candle for his fallen friend, the Baroness de Valens. "I will make you and Elaria proud. Rest in peace, old friend."

The Countess of Aquillae glanced over the missive, arching a blonde brow as she took the words in. That woman was dead, once her beloved Aunt turned to someone she held no love for, no longer able to spit on her late Uncles name with her actions. She tried to find anger, hatred or otherwise but she felt only relief in this moment. Perhaps Kristofer may rest peacefully within the Seven Skies now, she could only pray.

As she took note of the next part, an extended apology to both families of Vuiller and Darkwood, she folded the letter into threes, filing it away for safe-keeping as she thought whether she'd like to speak with this now Emilia Rhodon.

With her children sent away to be wards under the care of her cousin Louis, and her husband kept busy with his travels abroad; Diane would prepare to leave Balian. With a sigh, the woman who would not be Baroness of Valens thereafter stepped out of the Malenos Manor for the final time, donning white attire as was de Rosius mourning custom.

Drako Darkwood makes a note to meet the young Rhodon upon his return to Balian 

Gaius listened intently as his sister Emilia delivered the news to him.  His once innocent smile, which he had since he sat down at the table, oblivious to what Emilia had to tell him, now disappeared to a pale face of shock and horror.  

"Non...non that isn't true!" He shook his head in pure denial, doubting it all. 

However, it was of no use. He knew how it ended, his mother had been getting sicker day by day. The boy sniffled as tears pooled in the corner of his eyes until he couldn't hold it in anymore. 

"I-I prayed to GOD every night for Mamej's health...I prayed by her bed side..." The tears did not stop flowing from his eyes, nor did his sniffling cease as he kept on rubbing his face with the back of his wrists. 

"GOD lied...and Maman went away...without even giving me one final hug..."

Ardad Rashul, tired and sweaty from a long day of training, is told of the news of Chloe's death overhearing a conversation between two soldiers. 

He then rushes immediately to his small apartment in Balian.... and grabs the first bottle he can see. He holds back tears tagging swig sof the bottle as it is some cure to the ailing pain he feels of losing one of the best Senators he ever knew and one of the few good friends he ever met in Balian. 

Feeling unsatisfied, Ardad throws the bottle at the wall breaking it into pieces and then collapses onto the ground beating his fists, finally letting a solitary tear fall down from his face and beating the ground hard... he says to himself privately "Why her? Why her of all people... she was a good women...." 

A couple hours later of just laying down on the ground in pain and finally some energy to get up. He cleans up the bottle and sighs, decides to attend her funeral and looking outside his window to the clear sky he says "Rest Happily Cloe...."