Petyr: Provenance

Crevel

Spoiler

“So the Lord turned his gaze from the Skies to the World, and He ordered forth the Immortals, and they set to the work of creating the World. And they shaped in this plane many lands, and they separated the earth from the seas, and sowed the Lord’s treasures into it. And the Lord breathed life into the beasts, and ordered their estates. And GOD saw that it was good.”

Gospel 1:10-13

As Petyr sat alone in his room, his father would approach him sitting by his side. They both remained quiet for a moment as they took in the mutual silence. Petyr’s father would then begin to speak, “I am sorry about what happened, Petyr. I know that if that were to have happened to your mother, I would feel the same.” Silence continued to fill the room, only to be intermittently interrupted by the distant chirping of birds. “Shall we pray for a moment?” Petyr nodded, and the two joined together in prayer with his father leading it with some prayers of his own. As the two eventually finished prayer, his father would place his hand on Petyr’s shoulder, “I spoke with your mother. We both think that it’d be for the best if you go out and see that there’s more good to the world.” Petyr’s eyes met his father’s with shock. He had been raised his whole life working his family’s farm, only leaving for occasional trips to Karosgrad. “You’d have me leave? Who will be here to till and sow our fields?” Petyr remarked hastily, but his father had seemingly already predicted a question such as this. “We’ve put some money aside, we should be able to pay someone for their labour and we’ll give them a place to stay. We want what is best for you. Prepare your things, we’ll see you off tomorrow. Okay, Petyr?”

Petyr put together some food and his belongings, including an arrangement of papers that would help guide him where to go. Coming out of his room, he would be met by his mother who immediately swaddled him with her arms as her tears wet the fabrics of his shirt. Petyr stood there awkwardly with a knapsack in his hand before his mother pulled away. “Make sure to take care of yourself and to read. People will take care of you if you can read for them.” he nodded to her before stepping outside the house to meet his father who was bringing a horse by the entrance with a lead. “Take good care of him. He gets a little spooked at night so make sure you talk to him.” He comes to hug Petyr, locking him in as he pat his back, “Come back to us alive, da? We’ll be here whenever you need us.” Petyr nods, escaping the hug before tying the knapsack to the horse’s saddle. He’d mount the horse, looking at both his parents. “I’ll be okay.” Petyr laconically states before trotting off to discover his future.

Spoiler

This post concludes the quadrilogy that makes up Petyr's backstory. I've been unbanned so now I finally have the opportunity to play Petyr. I hope you enjoyed reading my posts, because I enjoyed writing them even though they're not my best works.

First Post: 

Second Post: 

Third Post: 

Fourth Post: You are already reading it!