The Grouch Strikes | MERRY TUVMAS

Werew0lf

Some disgruntled yuletide merchant of the realm went to offer some good advice to another GROUCH, over eggnog. "This is tarnishing yer' brand image," He'd declare. "You oughta' sue him, fella!"

@DISCOLIQUID

Elsewhere, a group of Merry Tuvmas Ghosts all chatter and shake their heads in deep annoyance. "What a miserable miser!" They all seem to agree in unison. "Perhaps he needs to learn the true meaning of Tuvmas..."

With a bed of stone and a blanket of stars, an oracle sleeps. The winds, frigid and howling about the statue top that is her perch, suddenly bellow with a mischief. A ringing of baubles and bells. A scent like pine smoke and  sugary treats.  A maniac's laughter, which somehow makes the jolly feel jeering, and cruel. That slumbering seer barely has time to startle awake, before she is snatched up by a wave of gnashing talons and galloping hooves.

PFtJLTDLPIMAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

With a mottled red cap set firmly on her head, a masked figure now rides along with the would-be geist of Saint Tuvmas.

Edited by thequeennadine

"I'm gonna ******* shoot it down." The Commander shouted, atop Caras Anor. "BROTHERS PREPARE THE BALLISTAE". But alas, the Commander would be too slow. 

The High Prince looks up to the sleigh that passed overhead and smiles briefly as then continued to draw his plans. “Well someone’s come early this year. I sure do hope he brings people some joy this time around.” The Druid would continue on about his day, unaware of the tragedy that befell his neighbors.

4 minutes ago, Evonpire said:

"I'm gonna ******* shoot it down." The Commander shouted, atop Caras Anor. "BROTHERS PREPARE THE BALLISTAE". But alas, the Commander would be too slow. 

The bulky figure that sat upon the shattered sleigh momentarily glanced at the Commander  with its dark eyes. With a simple puff of its brown cigar, it cast itself into the dark clouds, leaving thunderstorm in its wake for a minute. "He doesn't look like he has any trees or gets any presents."

A crimson haired Celianorian wakes to a lacking of certain gifts below his tree and... the top half of the tree was missing too!? The elf couldn't believe it, he and his family had been ROBBED! "CURSE YOU GROUCH!"

Luthriel blinked, "I wonder if that's. . . Remon? I wonder. . . What he looks like now." She'd furrow her eyebrows and run over to her kids' room to make sure they were safe and well.

A certain atronach of flame hears rumors of the plight of Celia'nor. "The principality have been very naughty this year by allowing the undead within their walls. So I suppose they had it coming." A voice echoes from within the metallic plates.

Having the servants of Druzstra Castle configure a plush cot within the ballroom, a certain Ruthern woman would prepare her stakeout beside the extravagantly decorated Tuvmas tree. . .

The Great Sage perks up from the lower-levels of his ancient shrine as the bell is rung, peeking out to see a large shadowy figure leaving the altar. He'd quickly scramble to his offering box, letting out a monkey-like scree as he held up a wrapped Krugmas gift. "Haha! A gift fer me, it is!" He said, hugging it close to his chest. "Mus' be 'cause t'is one was such a good spirit t'is year!" The monkey's hands moved in a blur, sending tear after tear of the parchment behind him, revealing a multicolored box with a jagged lever. "Huh?" Tilting his head. "Anot'er box, it was." He said to himself as he shook the strange contraption close to his ear. Whilst he did this, a small tag plucked out from the bottom. Reading it, it said;

TO CHIMP, FROM OWL. TURN FOR A SURPRISE!!

"A surprise?!" He beamed, those glowing eyes flickering. It seems that 'chimp' had forgotten the identity of his avian enemy. Quickly beginning to wind the crank in a circular motion, a light tune grew out from the box, and the monkey hummed along to it. The box's panels quickly opened, and the simian spirit glanced into its dark hole before being met with the flat knuckles of a boxing glove - pushed into his rubbery skull with a large spring. The monkey dropped the box onto the ground, his head comically misshapen and sunken inward with the imprint of the glove bending his face. It took him a few moments to process what had went wrong, out of denial or something else, and it slowly let out a murmur;

".. Bah Humkrug." 

1e5a672d567a67327f8aa3969654ba83.jpg

[!]

Through snowfall in the woods north of Celia'nor did a young half-elf alchemist walk, talking to himself as one does in the solitude found in venturing. He heard up within the trees, a rustling, naught but a minut disturbance to the silence of the forest and there he saw the sleigh of the OWL overhead, and thus he smiled. Perhaps he was safe this day from the being o' so divine, but his presents might not be so lucky this year.

"Hm. Perhaps I should ask for a ride. Tuvmas... Tuvmas... Tuvmas.." The youth laughed to himself in his own strange sort of way, talking to none but himself.

"Why- why did this have to happen... always these strange fellows." a young Celianorian Lordling muttered, just staring at the disaster "And it's always here-" he sighed, to go back to his day, then...

Karl III grumbled as he heard the sound of horrible singing overhead atop the broken sleigh. "Always something new every other day." The man tired of plots said upon hearing of a new plot.

The Grand Prince of Kusoraev, who had in the prior months taken to scouring around the continent of Almaris to buy Tuvmas presents for family and friends, heard rumours of the happenings among the servantry, and in great panick sought to ensure that his own presents had gone untouched, only to find them replaced by coal. He shook a skyward fist, "Damn you, Kimmitshtenaei!" He proclaimed, swearing vengeance.