AN EVIL UPROOTED

EPz_DHRI8IdEaD1yDdrtnqnxS_hjgF2mjSYlkbv_ZoJl_WToG7NyCBViezqlpqJu1DxOMsCE2SQHcuwDVADLBoH4CP856YfudpdBhmQVGF2kZ7-T6UKgd9H7X0FutRanjObDkG45dPgkufoNByAioNncoWJZKlI3AbsZgWgwkuVF-ZVV7akYMhk

AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT REGARDING THE DISMISSAL AND EXECUTION OF THE COURT ALCHEMIST

sd9aNseWVu_alZvAQxcLfcZoGO-dgYmsY-oOTLgUuymZlOEDCGJNO1e1jAZdPRUJym4UV7t_FrKfXNssA9P9T5BcGVTHQZpvWnsY0nVsIJ0ukN8m6scL7z6Svdfn2Z3KCh9rXdAYme1Jb5TLUbOAdWtRZdbZcvVIUYA5C0VwN8biApa5z9jdHCA

UKEN VE KRAWN I ROZZ

Issued by the

PRINCESS ROYAL

On the 15th day of  Gronna and Droba of 458 E.S

VA BIRODEO HERZENAV AG EDLERVIK

It is an unfortunate obligation to be releasing an official statement regarding the incident that occurred during a meeting this evening with myself, the former Court Alchemist Esther die Erikdottir, and Lady Allyssa Colborn. Such is not a notice I ever wished to have the displeasure to pen, but following the incident that led to the execution of Miss. die Erikdottir, I see it only proper to properly educate our courts on both the reasons for her prior announced dismissal, and death. 

I can officially confirm that during the meeting, which was called to address the proposed rumour of Miss. die Erikdottir having lied during her interview in regards to her training and experience with the alchemical arts, that her mood became increasingly bitter and irate - directed to both myself, and the present Lady Allyssa Colborn. Lady Colborn is who had written to me with these concerns, having on good authority that the former Court Alchemists teacher had died before Miss. die Eirkdottir was able to finish her studies, and that she had been functioning on a purely baseline of knowledge. She had claimed that Miss. die Erikdottir had employed her as her assistant, in order to mask Lady Colborn’s work as her own. 

She had no concrete proof for these claims, and could not present any to us. These accusations, however, were severe and warranted an investigation. Miss. die Erikdottir was in a position of authority where she had direct access to both the King and Queen, and had been preparing various remedies and tinctures to treat them both in regards to their failing health. I am fearful to think of her intentions with this, whether or not she had purposefully managed to make them ill in the first place, or if it was simply her incompetence. Her remedies never reached either of their lips.  Esther was suspended for her duties until the rumour could be proven, and this is where she began to exhibit a strange and magical presence. 

Esther then attacked Lady Allyssa Colborn with her magic, rendering her stunned and terrified. Lady Colborn stated she experienced menacing hallucinations demanding she bring physical harm to others, and described it as experiencing the waking form of her darkest nightmares. In her fear, she curled into a ball in an attempt to protect herself from these delusions, and was left incapacitated for a short time. Miss. die Erikdottir then turned her attention to myself, threatening me, and appeared to lose her sense of reason during the altercation. She threatened those present with dire consequences and seemed to gain a nefarious power, with a black aura slithering along her arms. She inched toward me, and hissed through her clenched teeth that I had no idea who she was, or what she was capable of, all while this inky void pulsated along her figure, growing in size and intensity. The life was sucked out of the room, the plants wilted and shrivelled, the colour drained from them with dramatic expediency. 

I warned her of the consequences that would come from either killing me, or assaulting me, and that such a crime would be declared as treason. I attempted to reason with her, and said that if she were to pace toward the door of the aulic chambers, that I would release her and allow her to live. She believed me, and once there was a safe distance between her and myself and Lady Colborn, I drew the blade concealed beneath my cloak and lofted it toward her. It was then that I screamed for aid, and into the room rushed Ser Vladrik and the disowned Ailred Barrow. 

Miss. die Erikdottir threatened to kill not only myself and Lady Colborn, but the two brave guardsmen that had then rushed into the room. She stated that if they tried to subdue her, as I had commanded, that she would rob them of their livelihood unless they set her free. Once she noticed that the blade Ser Vladrik wielded was forged of Thanium, she changed her tactic to one of attempted diplomacy, claiming that punishing her would be an act of war toward Aaun (as she was allegedly a citizen) and demanding to contact the crown of the Aaunic throne if they intended to have her stand trial. The former Court Alchemist Esther die Erikdottir was eventually subdued and arrested. It was after this point that news of her immediate dismissal was released to the courts. 

Furthermore, when arrested and taken to the barracks of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, Miss. die Erikdottir was subjected to various tests at the behest of the High Justicar, her Excellency Adele Ludovar. Her Excellency pierced her hand with the Aurum longsword of Dame Giovanna Barclay, but the former court alchemist had very little reaction to the infamous metal. It was only when Lady Adele reached for the salt for further investigation, that Miss. die Erikdottir revealed herself to be a vampire and lunged forth with the intent to rip out Lady Adele’s throat. Thankfully, both Dame Giovanna Barclay and Captain Felix Weiss were present to both shield Her Excellency from harm, and permanently subdue Miss. die Erikdottir. Once Dame Giovanna had safely pulled Lady Adele to safety (Her Excellency suffering only from a minor throat wound, one I hope she swiftly recovers from), she and Captain Weiss sprung to action.

Captain Weiss launched a firm strike to the centre of the vampiric fiends visage, and tackled her to the ground before she could cause further distress. It is here, while he was holding her down, that Dame Giovanna Barclay crushed her skull with the use of her warhammer. Her body was then carried to the centre of the square, where she was burned on a pyre. 

SIGNED,

HER SERENE HIGHNESS, Analiesa Josefina Barbanov-Bihar

Princess Royal of Hanseti-Ruska, Duchess of Karosgrad, Duchess-Consort of Vidaus, Countess-Consort of Metterden, Baroness-consort of Rostig, Grand Lady of the Morrivi Court.

Lord Felix Weiss looked to the missive, vampire blood and its ash freshly cleaned from his face. 

"Ea believe another full sweep is in order." He said as he sat by his fireplace, drinking his Carrion Black. 

Edited by SethWolf

3 minutes ago, SethWolf said:

"Ea believe another full sweep is in order." He said as he sat by his fireplace, drinking his Carrion Black. 

Vindicated due to previous protest against the mass testing, Dame Giovanna adds salt to the required materials to be carried by all BSK members. "Ser Conrad is gonna love hearin' about THIS!"

Manon Yvaine reads the missive in her lab out west, allows herself a moment of self-satisfaction, and then returns to brewing.

Lady Justiciar Adele Ludovar nurses her bandaged neck wound, all the while completing the write-up of her Official Judicial Verdict.

15 minutes ago, SethWolf said:

Lord Felix Weiss looked to the missive, vampire blood and its ash freshly cleaned from his face. 

12 minutes ago, Oriaros said:

Vindicated due to previous protest against the mass testing, Dame Giovanna adds salt to the required materials to be carried by all BSK members. "Ser Conrad is gonna love hearin' about THIS!"

9 minutes ago, CopOwl said:

Lady Justiciar Adele Ludovar nurses her bandaged neck wound, all the while completing the write-up of her Official Judicial Verdict.

Conrad read over the missive with a grin, testing would be needed, and perhaps his old friend Adele would finally understand his view of the darkspawn.