VoidandNull#7173

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Spoiler

unknown-20.png

Ban Reason

Sexually Explicit RP and Inappropriate Chat

What circumstances led to this ban?

Leading up to the transgressions that happened, two pieces of context must be given. First of all, my character is an incredibly crude speaker. I keep this crudeness in RP only, and have been known to stop if people point out being uncomfortable. Second of all, he is extremely loyal to the people he considers good acquaintances, having taken action IRP from IRP racist remarks. Again, this should be stated that this all is in reference to being in roleplay, not OOCly.

My character, who is a spook, was in the city of Celia'nor, when his face for his flesh suit was kicked off. Having to 'go to the infirmary', one of said good acquaintances helped him and in which, they began to speak privately at a little table in another section of the city. A guard, who had been making racist remarks to the acquaintance, sat down at the table, asking about the face injury. After prompting him to go away, my character used sign, as to not speak. As they mentioned the guard did not know sign, my character proceeded to insult him, telling him "Your mother sucked me good and hard through my jorts" and "I'll teach you regent the meaning of shitting bricks". After the guard left, me and the person spoke a bit more before I left for a few hours. Coming back, the gates were closed and the said guard was at the gate. Asking to be let in, it turns out they did in fact, know sign. After being told that my character shouldn't insult the regent, he told the guard "Your mother gave me a different kind of head last night, bastard. I'd see if she's okay". Such comment was supposed to be a threat, saying he cut off the head of the guard's mother.

There were then I think 2-3 days in which I was freely playing before I was given the screen "You have been banned for Sexually Explicit RP and Inappropriate Chat". Not only was I baffled, but I had no idea what I had said under that kind of scope that was even remotely close. Contacting the mod who had banned me, I was told it was because of the comments above to the guard, and that "It should be known that things like this can't be said on the server".

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

While I do think it should have been more under the terms of a "Meme RP" ban, considering that it was simply all words and nothing more, just empty threats said, I agree that there should have been some repercussions on the terms of what I had said, whether a verbal warning or worse. So, while I do disagree on what the ban reason was placed under, I do want to apologize to anyone who I may have offended, hurt, or made uncomfortable. I like to keep Rp in Rp, and keeping good relations OOC is what I like to try and do. I like to make LOTC a safe place to roleplay and simply enjoy off time, and I agree that I can take my own humor a bit too far sometimes. That is my fault and my fault only, and I do plan to work on such in the future.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I have friends there, I had ongoing storylines I was taking part in. I was learning alchemy so I could make my way to smoggers to promote role-play and good villainy. I wanted to be parts of communities, almost like a looming threat of sorts to make sure people have driving forces IRP. I worked to make fun CRP and encounters that were memorable and exciting, and want to continue making them.

Attach other relevant information.

Edited by VoidandNull

It's filed as Sexually Explicit RP, and so that is the way the ban shall be maintained. Appeal with that in mind next time.