How a Ker Almost Caused a War - Act III - The Final Act

Muppet

Act III - Instability in the Land

Almaris has been strained recently. There have been conflict throughout the land that has caused instability, one unfaithful act of a partner made a nation fall apart, more Irehearts were hunting for elf ears than ever before & a nefarious gang known as the Gobkuza roam the streets of Nor’asath (this isn’t relevant to the story but I think people should know to stay safe), each nation had to act to secure their security within Almaris. One certain Rex was exceptionally concerned with the war in Petra.

“Petra lost to Haense simpatiser. The Empire is reforming agh we'll oppose it.”

“Here agh now we sign ah full blown military alliance.”

Borok’s diplomatic style was to instil a sense of urgency which never matched that of Netseth’s. Military alliances take time to make, trust is something that takes time to build and Netseth wasn’t ready. Borok was pushing and pushing to try and get an agreement signed as soon as we entered the throne room until we left. No agreement was made on that day.

The Irehearts and Mali were butting heads. Every elven nation was receiving reports of Irehearts looking to harvest ears all over West Almaris, causing friction between the clan and the Mali nations. All of us Mali feared for escalation and what this could amount to in the future. A defensive alliance was made with Celia’nor & Amaethea to unite all Mali together, building on previous agreements that were put in place and with the history Nor’asath have with these other nations, the Primarch felt comfortable to make said agreement. The Rex however was not comfortable with the fact that this agreement was made and he was going to make it clear that he wasn’t.

I didn’t know when I next went to Krugmar how things had changed between Uruk & Ker until I went past the gates. Irehearts were running around explaining how they wanted to put Ker heads on pikes if we ever went to their lands. Orcs who I knew and respected were calling me a darkspawn lover and threatening to hurt me.

The Rex himself decided to use the spirits as a weapon again, mentioning the Ker turning their back on Luara and all of the other spirits. He mentioned Luara was angered by Nor’asath’s behaviour. I remember telling Borok that I no longer feel safe in Krug’mar and there were other Ker that felt the same. At this point the Shamanistic moot ended after I reported what happened to Netseth and Qudlia.

I thought that was the end of it. I couldn’t go to Krugmar anymore as I worried for my safety but I felt secure in my own walls. Orcs entered through the gates of Nor’asath with the Rex following shortly after. He heard news of the moot ending and what I had told the leaders of Nor’asath, he believed what I said to be lies. As he grew angry in a fit of rage he wouldn’t listen to reason. He threatened to release the wrath of Ogrol & demanded tribute to be paid to the orcs he was with. I refused which led me to be lifted up by an Orc, smashed into a shrine of the very spirits they apparently worship. As I lay there my belongings were stolen and I looked up into the night sky not sure of what would happen next.

And we all know what happened next, Celia’nor were informed of the attack and went to retaliate along with Nor’asath, causing a threat of war. After the dust has settled I’m going to be put on trial for this escalation. I’m not sure what the future holds for me but I don’t think this is the end.

Spoiler

Thanks for those that gave me feedback throughout the process of writing this as well as those that reached out excited for the new posts to come out to read more

This was my first time writing a story on the forums. I'd really appreciate any feedback!

Act I & II