Old mistakes / New beginnings

GgDionne

It is far from my first time returning to Lord of the Craft, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

While I'm here, I hope I can contribute to the community in a way I haven't been able to previously.

I first logged in when I was only thirteen years old, almost eight years ago now.

Suffice to say, my writing was subpar, I barely understood what was happening, and I was constantly an obstruction to those trying to enjoy the game.

Despite this, you all accepted me. You gave me a place I could call home.

The next time I would return to Lord of the Craft, I found myself in a new place. A giant worm had eaten the old world, and things felt new.

Shields had been added, boats had been fixed (I think?), and generally Minecraft had taken a big step towards what it is today.

I had taken an interest in the world. I had taken the time to learn about its history, its magic, races, religions, languages, ...

But I was still immature. My writing had improved, but I was standoffish and mean, I powergamed, and I was generally an obstruction to those trying to enjoy the game.

Despite this, you all accepted me. You gave me a place I could call home.

The past five years have been hell and high water.

At sixteen, I lost my brother, aged twenty five, to a fentanyl overdose. At seventeen, I started smoking weed, an addiction that follows me to this day.

At eighteen, we moved to the city, and I found myself isolated. The same year, the situation at home had become unbearable, and me and my sister moved out together.
At nineteen, I unknowingly found myself in a polyamorous relationship, and made some of the most regrettable mistakes of my life.

I tell you now, honestly, the kind of person I was.

I used my hurt as an excuse to be awful to others.

I took advantage of people I considered easy targets.

I was unreliable, lazy, and cowardly.

When last I had returned, three years ago, I wanted to do better.

I did my best to maintain a calm exterior, but inside I was roiling.

Looking back at my posts from that time, I'm proud of how much I have learned.

But still, looking back in my heart, I feel angry, hurt and alone.

I was far from where I am today.

So this time, I'm going to do better.

Thank you for giving me a place to call home.

Welcome back! 

Spoiler

As someone who’s known for having a lot of bad moments on this server, I am back now and doing better with than ever before both IRL and here OOCly. I too look at this place as a sort of home, I’ve been here since 2015 - this place was my escape from abuse, bullying, and misery that was my reality back then. The biggest thing that helps me to be better today is surroundings myself with the right people and doing things here for fun as opposed to what I thought was cool or what would bring me friends. I don’t know if any of that can help you relate or provide advice, but if anything you can reach out! Luvvy#0001

Welcome back! Learn from your mistakes and aim to be a better person tomorrow than you were today c: