K_rusader

Discord:

Crusader#4371

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

"Use of Mini-Map mod" https://gyazo.com/a06007983ddb7f5a4d9d6c3b99e22a27

What circumstances led to this ban?

I returned to the server after a 3-week break on July 9th upon returning I noticed that Lunar Client was performing poorly during PVP fights. This lead me to switch to feather client which allowed for third-party mods to be installed. One of these mods was Xareos mini-map which included an Entity radar that listed other players on the mini-map. I had a few incidents with Orlanth in which he had broken some conflict rules relating to Halt Emotes. I subsequently reported Orlanth after dealing with his actions multiple times. Orlanth had counter-reported me stating that I had used a mini-map that allowed me to see other players. I was not immediately banned and multiple moderators had viewed both reports. Until the next day when Aiden banned me.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I will preface this section by acknowledging that I did indeed use a radar that allows me to see other players However, this radar does not allow me to see other players that are sneaking or that are out of render distance. I also do agree that at the time I needed a long break from LOTC, especially with all the toxic events that occurred in the summer of 2022. And in a way, I am appreciative that I was not on the server for the harvest revolution as from what I have heard that was a really bad environment to be in.

Now, there is a lot about this ban and the overall handling of the situation by the moderation team that I disagree with. There has been a lack of professionalism demonstrated by Aiden when handling this matter. First of all, the reason "Use of Mini-Map mod" implies that mini-maps are disallowed on the server. So basically I should not be banned at all if we are to go off of the reason that he banned me.
Second, Aiden is friends with Orlanth and I believe that he should have not been involved in this incident at all as there were plenty of other moderators that are much more impartial to both me and Orlanth to review this case. I believe that Aiden also acted on his own and did not collaborate with other moderators on this case. He banned me of his own accord in support of his friend Orlanth. This is further backed up by the fact that he did not close the report that Orlanth had filed on me and it took almost 5 months for that report to be closed by a member of staff who had to find out what had happened. Speaking of which why didn't Aiden close Orlanths report after he had banned me? I believe that Aiden either was too lazy to close the report or he did not want to publicly release the fact that I had been banned. I believe that Aiden also gave an unreasonably strict punishment. A 14-day ban with an appeal is quite ridiculous for this offense. An appeal especially seems a bit far-fetched for an offense of this nature. Furthermore, I believe that Aiden handled this situation a lot differently than what other moderators would have done in this situation here we can see that in the screenshots provided a player was using Xareos mini-Map with the default settings enabled. The player did not receive any action from the moderation team. (https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/218656-complete-report-almightysaucer/) I believe that most people would also agree that the moderation team handled that situation perfectly.

It took the moderation team just under 5 months to review the reports related to this incident. This is a question for the moderation team. why did it take that long to review these incidents? The war had been over for multiple months before the incident was even reviewed by the moderation team. My report was moved to the Completed reports sub-forum but no one ever commented on the report stating that it was complete nor was I ever contacted about either of the reports.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

A few players that I know well have recently returned to the server some of them have requested that I also return to the server and as such here I am.

Attach other relevant information.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/214423-complete-report-k_rusader-orlanth-mkireheart_/
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/214424-complete-report-k_rusader/