Norland Defense

SirB0ng0

Norland Defense

By Jonathan O’Kieran

The city of Norland was in peril as the Mori army launched an all-out attack. Defenders from all corners of Almaris had gathered to fortify the walls and protect the city. Standing at the northern wall with the Balian Company, I readied my bow, enchanted with a powerful spell. The Mori siege machine relentlessly bombarded the walls, causing chaos and destruction. With my eyes fixed on the ladder bearers advancing towards us, I took a deep breath and aimed my bow. As the Mori charged with their ladders and grapplers, the Lord Commander Peter smashed one of the grapplers, buying us some precious time. With my bow now ready, I released a volley of arrows, taking down three of the ladder bearers, but the enemy kept coming.

The battle raged on, and it soon became clear that the defenders were outnumbered and outgunned. The Norland siege machines retaliated with their own barrage, but it was clear that the Mori army was determined to break through. As the ladder broke through the wall, I unsheathed my sword and prepared to fight.

The Lord Commander led the charge, and we followed him towards the fallen tower where the Barrowland soldiers were holding their ground. The halfings were putting up a valiant fight, but they needed our help. With swords clashing and spells flying, we fought off the Mori army in a fierce skirmish. Victory seemed within our grasp when suddenly a darkspawn centipede emerged from beneath the ground. The monstrous creature wreaked havoc, destroying the tower and leaving a massive pit in its wake.

Despite the odds, we had prevailed, but the damage to the walls was extensive. It was a hard-fought battle of attrition, but in the end, we had emerged victorious. The city of Norland was safe once again, but the scars of the battle would remain for some time to come.

Edited by SirB0ng0