The Disownment of Azrielle Vilac

THE DISOWNMENT OF AZRIELLE VILAC

8eWE0XfHJ5fUP1bN-ZwNPljxMLlSgNp6ZoCcTii447WMqhcb5lCOBUZqNQUYbrpHdWbhsjPCKW0RC9f15jBSSeUHmE_vPEySuyByzn9MKdkvr1gbg-7f22JeLduaD08k3M05Xi6sx-S6D4s6_bCIqdc

ig_4umOQW1CHnn4amemesYNd0RD6WWTsPrL9uPj93PIdFCAooCGPbj-0TUnRxNvfEPsqnMEP0NczAydhUyxXj3gKWj6pEkrfFc5u-mbAklENdQDKqrKWeEifGTjMCRNuRhoj-b8_VO0tswWsvdI5GJM

Mere days have passed since the conclusion of my Pater’s trial. As the new head of the House Vilac, I must address those who stand against this house’s traditions and values. I will not stand for the dishonoring and poisoning of my house any longer. 

This is a formal statement regarding my dear Aunt Azrielle Vilac and her actions against my house. These actions include spreading lies about the events that led to the unfortunate death of Teft Barclay leading to an unjust trial against my pater, and the physical attacks and threats on my brother, August. Azrielle Vilac is also a wanted criminal in Balian, further defaming my name.  

And so, it brings me great sadness that I must disown Azrielle Vilac for her treachery against this honorable House. Azrielle Anastasie Vilac shall henceforth be barred from carrying the name Vilac. She shall have no connection to this house or its histories. Only by blood will they be related. Furthermore, she will never inherit titles or lands that relate to House Vilac or titles given to the Vilac name. 

To Azrielle Anastasie,

No member of my family would attack another member, especially an innocent young boy. Your actions have caused years of strife and controversy. You have prevented children from seeing their pater for years on end. You might have shared the womb with my pater, but you are no family of mine. 

ig_4umOQW1CHnn4amemesYNd0RD6WWTsPrL9uPj93PIdFCAooCGPbj-0TUnRxNvfEPsqnMEP0NczAydhUyxXj3gKWj6pEkrfFc5u-mbAklENdQDKqrKWeEifGTjMCRNuRhoj-b8_VO0tswWsvdI5GJM

@Phersades

SIGNED,

Lord Casimir Marius Vilac

Head of House Vilac

Prince of Vilanchia

Azrielle Vilac read through the missive, a brow raised as she glanced over each word. 

"Ea will just simply say no if that is what I wish... Also, a criminal in Balian? Es this on paper? I do not remember ever hurting or threatening August. He was always my favorite of the children, en besides Gwendel en his lies, Persephone en her spawn were quite sweet to me before Gwendel did what he did. You would think after two decades, they would learn to breathe a little. I had the evidence, I was present to witness the crime, I did what I needed to do for justice, it is not my fault that the leader of their branch MURDERED a man.

"This has come a couple years too late. As far as I know, everyone else who has claim to the name Vilac sees those of Marius' line as a joke anyways. Though they have taken quite well to me and Wilhelm, surely it will not be hard for me to get the name back if I even bother dropping it at all." 

Azrielle handed the missive over to Everett O'Rourke, allowing him to read it though.  "Maybe I should show this to Emerentia and her brothers, or Wilhelm, surely she would get a kick out of this." The woman couldn't help but laugh. Though perhaps there was some relief if she dropped the name and let the others reinstate it. 

A snip from Marius Vilac's line? No longer associates with the snakes down south? 

The trial was over, Justice was served. If they no longer wanted her, then perhaps that was a good thing.

No longer my circus, no longer my monkeys. 

“So… the house’s traditions and values are to beat children, kill men, and generally display disgrace wherever they go? Noted.” Renilde forwarded a letter to her dear friend Azrielle, mentioning as such. 

4 minutes ago, tilly said:

“So… the house’s traditions and values are to beat children, kill men, and generally display disgrace wherever they go? Noted.” Renilde forwarded a letter to her dear friend Azrielle, mentioning as such. 

"Do not forget, Your Grace

Burning and tearing down houses brick by brick out of petty spite. They rest every night with us on their minds."
Azrielle penned back in jest

Kris Darkwood scratched his head, smoke from his cigarillo floating above his head as normal. "What in tarnation is considered an ecclesiastical decree these days?"

"No." says Antonius 'the Dragonknight' Vilac, first of his name, Prince of Vilachia and best swordsman of the realm. He sighs watching some feeble descendants butcher the legacy of the dragonsblood whilst publishing missives. A shame indeed.

77ddb648dc942a9d15f661525aeef6de.png

"Vilanchia? Woe to me." 

"Finally it is official. It was niet done soon enough if vy ask eam." August sighed, remembering the brutal treatment his aunt had given him as a boy. "Ea only hope she treats other children better." He'd throw the missive in the fire and rush off to give his approval to Casimir.

The a fellow sailor that served with the blind Vilac informed him of the existence of the missive. Wilhelm requested if he'd read it aloud. "Oh no... Anyway," commented the blind Vilac upon hearing the missive in it's entirety, going back to having a completely different conversation with his fellow crewmates.