Farewell, Balian

SirB0ng0

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce my departure from Balian. While I will still return to defend it against any Mori assaults, I wanted to take a moment to explain my perspective on the situation.

Firstly, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to everyone in Balian. You have all made my time here incredibly special, and I will never forget the kindness and warmth you have shown me. Lord Commander Peter, I understand your disappointment, but I knew that leaving was the right choice for me. Amiratus Gaius, your encouragement and support have inspired me to write better and to strive for excellence. And to all my friends, you have made Balian feel like home, and I will always cherish the memories we have shared.

However, there were several reasons why I felt I needed to leave. While I had considered it for some time, I ultimately decided to explore and learn more about Almaris. Some of my most motivating days were when I set out in a random direction, and walked until I reached water before changing course. I wanted to explore and experience more of the world before settling down.

Additionally, I had intended to become a Knight and serve Balian with my life. However, I quickly discovered that, no matter how dedicated one is, the nobles often view commoners as expendable. I had an altercation with Jonathan O’Cool, who not only showed disrespect but also endangered infants and refused to move away while smoking. I spoke up for my friend and her children, but was told not to. The punishment for his actions was only to be excluded from a single battle, which seemed more like a reward than a consequence. This angered and frustrated me.

Lastly, I wanted to help those who truly needed it. Balian is a strong kingdom, and I felt that my skills and abilities could be better utilized elsewhere. I did not want to be bound by politics, but instead to serve God and protect all the descendants.

I am grateful for all that Balian has taught me, and I hope that you understand that my leaving is not a sign of cowardice. I will continue to fight the Mori’Quessir every chance I get, but I also want to protect as many people as possible. Staying in Balian was no longer allowing me to do that.

Farewell, for now.

Sincerely,

Jonathan O'Kieran

"Good riddance" said a man with a cigar in between his teeth. The young man would then relax on the walls and continue to smoke the cigar "Not everyone can cut it..."

Guillermo Ruttledge would look a little more weary manning the gate of Balian. Hopefully his friend would return one day.