The Queen of the Kitchen

rA7iyKcKfnT7qP2_H8juLXkm-aOwN56uvzl4NL5SnYtGsB1Luo8bIuMxqAfxe65o7ThvrGVPv4zHvkE6lsP6TXTtDP-uaAXJhnxFLQ2v8hPNYgBr6Smn3XlN78xLXcFK_8Cp9fFYvyU72YKo7Zl4gqY

[!] An Old Lady is depicted cutting a few vegetables

Queen of the kitchen

By Nona Fable

Scrappy handwriting decorated the missive, the words however a coherent piece, one who knows of this grandmother might gawk at the clarity of the writing.

Dear the lovely citizens of Haense, my employment has been made and I intend to keep the kitchen’s ovens and stoves a flame. With the recent developments around Haense I've been busy preparing, with my soup table a hit among the young and.. Older. I have heard a great lot of those wishing to learn under the Queen of the kitchen. Lucky for those select few I've decided to take it upon myself to prepare a few cooking lessons. These impromptu cooking lessons will be announced in the square. To start off with, in my recent acquisition as the Mistress of the Pantry, I have been given materials and reasons to experiment with spices and grains farmed just outside of the city

Soups; 

Tomato basil, tomatoes grown in the fields off of the farm fields with basil plants that are being harvested from the kitchen's short supply of spice plants. Tomatoes about five a bowl had been smashed and diced as a creamed milk was added to the bowl. Minced garlic and onions boiled over a slow fire were thrown into the soup and then sifted out. Adding a flavor burst to the rather common soup. The tomato soup had the consistency of a thick sauce, its red color dulled out to a pinkish tone. 

Chicken ; a thin water based soup paired with chunks of poultry and a seasoned out paste that hung weighted to the bottom of the serving dish. Grinded pepper, salt, onions, ginger, and turmeric had been mixed into a small pouch. Adding a touch of the seasoning blend and then cutting thin strips of a wheat grinded mixture with an egg or two to make a pasta dough. The stringy noodles should be fairly thin and boiled on their own outside of the soup. Once the chicken chunks and noodles are combined in the soup let it soak until ready then boil the water based liquid and add the condiments. 

The notes at the end of the paper are scribbled out, an obviously unfinished cooking recipe

Noted in shaky handwriting that looked as though it had been written in a rush the letter said

“Dear Children, i've fallen ill, nothing bad just a buggie here or there, however i do plan on staying within my little walled up room. Call upon me by letter, likely i will be asleep however im always able to share a special recipe.”

The missive was pinned upon many street signs,

Spoiler

AT LEAST HAENSE WOULD KNOW HOW TO MAKE TOMATO AND CHICKEN SOUP

aka, im gone out fishing guys (not really i dont fish)

see ya in 2 weeks o,o

Bren wonders how Via will change the recipe this time as he brings this new scrap home to add to her collection of botched recipes. @tadabug2000

Beatrice made some tomato soup and loved it. She is now looking for an autograph.

4 hours ago, Nilyeet said:

Bren wonders how Via will change the recipe this time as he brings this new scrap home to add to her collection of botched recipes. @tadabug2000

Bren, or Dell as she knows him was certainly right! Via botched the recipe even with clearly written instructions. Something bubbled, and smoked, dark plumes drifting up from the pot as somehow the tomato basil soup turned a sickly green.