A traveller's logs-Day 2

Wooshj

~Lapê Salavi's travel logs~

[a retranscription]

DAY 2

xEeeuW8.png

On my road I heard people talking about a strange religion, about correcting the wrongs that we had suffered. I followed a few strange folks and met with 4 other people in the big house of #####, in the United Kingdom of Aaun. An old person, a kid, a mysterious soul and a grey-skinned cleric, and me, all gathered in a meeting room. The atmosphere was to secrecy and many words were spoken. It was all a bit too much for me and most of the explanation on the origins of the religion left me disoriented. What I was sure of is that some kind of magic was involved, as illusions surrounded us, the lights died and lit up at will.

Once the speech ended, most excused themselves and disappeared. I was new to the region and decided to walk around and explore a bit. The place was very weirdly mapped and I got lost multiple times trying to leave the city. At last I found a dirt road and went on my way to Aaun.

I didn’t spend a lot fo times in the capital, the activity being high in the town center. I visited a few merchants to replenish in food and took the opportunity to head for the local mines. I had to get help from a townsman as the entrance was not very well indicated, gathered interesting ores and left, this time without stranding off my path.

Alone again, it was time I went to a place that had got my interest a few years prior: Norland.

d0cLtfP.png

The travel wasn’t long and I walked around town a bit. It was night, so I headed to the inn for the night. When I entered the maing room upstairs, I was met with a discussion that seemed much like an argument. Someone was departing, people weren’t happy about it.

I felt like I was intruding so I asked where I could find a place to spend the night and eventually a steward to talk about housing and prices. I vaguely knew they were the ones in charge of the taxes and rentings in every city, hence why i wanted to contact one. Contrary to what I feared, I felt good in Norland, and despite being a traveler, I had to have a return point, a place to call home at the end of my journey, and maybe make friends along the way. Everyone was so warm and welcomed towards me,

barely mentionning my attire. The north reminded me of where I grew up, so it was set, I wanted to home there. A person named Farian Malto welcomed me to the Inn while I was without bedding. 

hrgGKZZ.jpguRjjOq8.jpg

The discussion stirred and I was left with a newcommer, Sinner. Everyone knew her and she seemed kind, so I asked for her help. She knew the stewart, and also that the Inn was under a clan’s control, therefore I couldn’t stay. Knowing Alva, the steward, wasn’t available and probably grumpy at the hour, we headed outside and I was invited to share the home of Sinner and Farian, seemingly acquainted. I was given a spare key and I finally had a bed to rest and let the days of travel wash over me.

-L.S.

Spoiler

OOC: what my notes looked like live

tb0m7At.jpg?1PyLELz5.jpg?1VESDAC9.jpg?1Q5YP4BI.jpg?1wZTlfOb.jpg?1lejGMyE.jpg?1

Edited by Wooshj