The Book of Oaths

Da Baraz Kron

ᛞᚨ ᛒᚨᚱᚨᛉ ᚴᚱᛟᚾ

Deep within the ancient libraries of Urguan sits a pedestal, quite familiar to that of the Book of Grudges. Revered and gilded, that which is holds is kept under guard at all times, day and night by the legion of Urguan, and the pedestal itself is kept under locks crafted from the greatest locksmiths of the Kingdom. For it holds the great and honored Book of Oaths.

Premium Photo | An ancient book filled with runes and symbols sitting on a  pedestal in a candlelit room

The book of oaths, while not new in law is now new in creation. It serves a similar purpose to that of the Book of Grudges but in serving to record Oaths rather than Grudges. This book shall serve as an everlasting record of any dwed who may commit to treaties and bindings with provision of the courts and the government so as to make official record of any and all agreements made. The contents of the Book of Oaths are kept secret to the rest of the descendant races, with only a handful of non-dwed ever having laid their eyes upon it.

Those honorable Dwed who wish to have their agreements bound by law and recorded in an everlasting record will have their names written into the Book of Oaths, and will not be crossed out unless both sides reach an agreement to strike their oath from record. Should these oaths be broken it is considered a first-degree offense under Urguani law, so oaths should not be taken lightly.

For an Oath to be approved, both parties must be entering in willingly and with full control of their mind and senses.

EijzaLAwW89xhXOFraucbQ-_4c0c4MEEbTqrmz8XqmzbjzqxHAYS4U1e-9nyLEwa98GqApoiqsbkPDnBk65k0KhusvbYY3lahM0LH2Ez6sF87BPsl2S1UE-aswtG9P4AHxNLW4-q

The First Party:

The Second Party:

Terms of Oath:

Date of Oath:

EijzaLAwW89xhXOFraucbQ-_4c0c4MEEbTqrmz8XqmzbjzqxHAYS4U1e-9nyLEwa98GqApoiqsbkPDnBk65k0KhusvbYY3lahM0LH2Ez6sF87BPsl2S1UE-aswtG9P4AHxNLW4-q

OOC Disclaimer: The Book of Oaths is locked away under constant guard. In no way should you be able to see it, or anything written within, unless you were admitted into the vault. To be admitted, you must be a dwarf of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan who has been explicitly given access by someone who has the appropriate authority. This means if you are a banished dwarf or a wanted criminal or anything of the like, you would not have access to any of the oaths written into the book. This post is meant to serve a similar job to the book of grudges as I noticed we have a provision for it in law but not an actual book. Please RP accordingly.

Active Oaths:

Spoiler

The First Party:
Garedyn The Emerald,
The Grand Kingdom

separator.png.ef25e230841f2513af20c0554f9e072c.png

The Second Party:
Garrond Frostbeard

Terms of Oath:
I, The King’s Axe,
pledge myself to uphold justice in the name of the Grand King and Kingdom
To uphold the justice of the courts and to slay those it has deemed to be deserving of death
To protect the Grand King and Kingdom in the face of injustice.

Spoiler

I love this sort of idea and it is fascinating.

The First Party:
Garedyn The Emerald,
The Grand Kingdom

The Second Party:
Garrond Frostbeard

Terms of Oath:
I, The King’s Axe,
To uphold the justice of the courts and to slay those it has deemed to be deserving of death

Date of Oath:
21st of the Deep Cold, S.A 135

(05/07/2023)

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Edited by _RoyalCrafter_

The First Party:
Garedyn The Emerald,
The Grand Kingdom

The Second Party:
Garrond Frostbeard

Terms of Oath:
I, The King’s Axe,

Date of Oath:
21st of the Deep Cold, S.A 135

(05/07/2023)

This oath has been approved and written into the book