༻ Love Was Made To Break ༺ [PK]

Criala

b011230d5ac67db2b837352aca4e642f.jpg

(Picture found here)

Natalia Marie Falcone 

.༻❁༺.┛

There was the faint sound of footsteps. Gravel crunching beneath shoes. It was the only sound, aside from the rustling of any trees.

When did a simple walk get so tiring?”

The words were murmured beneath an elderly woman’s breath. Face aged with numerous wrinkles, white and gray hair pulled back into a loose braid. A bag hung at her side.

Every day was exhausting. Simple, easy tasks took all of her energy.

The crunching of gravel only stopped once the elderly woman found herself in front of a bench. Soon, she took a seat on it, her gaze shifting upward to focus on the sky. Her breath was labored, slightly heavy as she tried to catch her breath.

...Issa been this way for a long time now...”

Her tone took on an almost defeated tone, as if she wasn’t able to fool herself any more. The years just kept going by, adding onto her fatigue one by one until it was all she felt. Slowly, the things she loved to do so much… She was unable to do so. Baking, her hands were too shaky and she’d dropped more batter than she wanted to remember. Sewing, she wasn’t able to keep her lines straight. Forget even trying to do the medical duties she also enjoyed. There was no way she’d be able to help anyone with how shaky she was.

Reading was the only solace she had. A leather bound book of poetry, which she always had. The spine was worn, showing how frequently it was opened and closed. One of her most prized possessions. Even now, as reality crashed around her, it was with her, nestled in her bag.

Death wasn’t something she ever feared. Life wasn’t something anyone got out of alive. At least, those who were mortal. What scared her now were regrets. All of the regrets she’d have to face at the end of her life.

Dante I’ve always been proud of you, my son… I’m sorry. I searched… But I could not find you.

A slow exhale escaped the aged woman as she slumped backward against the bench, gaze still upon the sky.

GraciaMy little girl. I wished the world for you. I hope you were able to find it.

Slowly, a hand reached into the satchel. A moment of rummaging around, and the worn leather book was produced.

CarmineMy baby boy. I hope you found what you were meant to do.

For a few moments, all she did was stare at the cover of the book.

LudovicaYou were gone far too soon. Will I see you in the next life? I loved you as if you were my own. I hope you knew that.

A sad smile tugged at the wrinkled edges of her mouth.

My children, I love you more than life itself. If I could, I would spend even just a moment more with each one of you. No amount of time, no matter how much it was, wasn't enough with you. I’m sorry for the failings I had as your mother.

She ran a hand along the cover of the book, feeling the leather beneath her weathered finger tips.

Anton… How I wish I could have been there for you more. You were the brother I’d never had. Will I see you on the other side? I hope so.

For another moment or two, her palm just rested on it. Her smile fell until her lips were a neutral line.

Did I waste my life, mama? Spending it devoted to a man who just left in the end? Who just betrayed me in the end?

Finally, she opened the book, gaze falling on on the first page of her book. Sadness streaked across the woman’s aged features.

Cosimo… I should hate you. For all of the hurt, pain and betrayal you caused me over the years, I should hate you. So desperately do I want to hate you with every fiber of my being. But I can’t hate you. I remember the young man I first met in that little cantina in Osanora. The one I fell in love with. The one I slowly saw disappear over the years. What happened to him? A question I was too afraid to ask, because the answer terrified me.

Her eyes closed, hand falling against the page. She stilled, taking a slow, deep breath, before exhaling it. The time had come to finally rest.

Spoiler

OOC:

@RaindropsKeepFalling @Goon @Moenah @Pompilidae @Benjiota @Melpomenne

Thank all of you for the roleplay with Natalia over the years and being the best human RP family I've ever had. I probably should have written this sooner, but thank you all so much. The RP with the Falcones is something that I will always cherish. I love you guys.