[Prophecy] Lack

MALUKOR

[As per its nature, only characters with an application allowing for the scrying of prophecies such as Seer, Vivication, Naztharek and so on can observe the contents of this post IC.]

Free-Public-Domain-Watching-Eye-Image-Gr

Music

———«»————————————«»————————————«»———

Things now, you can feel, have grown dire.

Do you understand what it means to truly Lack?

A voice - familiar to those who had witnessed The Crane - spoke into the black.

You Aevosians call it Death. I, though, would call it Divinity.

The voice spoke nostalgically, as if recalling some favoured dream. It seemed weary.

I have learnt much of you, and yet I understand little. How is it that souls walk upon the World beyond Divinity? Why do you exchange your Soul, your afterlife, for Worldly power? Why do you split into a hundred different communities instead of just forming One?

Sight is bestowed.

You find yourself gazing up at a vast, vast wall, made of an unfamiliar black rock, a canal in the center permitting a river to flow into the mainland. Pinned to the wall are hundreds upon hundreds of human corpses; men, women, and children. None look to be recent - they all show signs of long-lasting rot, and any past bloodstains have long been blown away by the frigid blizzards. They sag in their indignity, their limbs and hands nailed to the wall by their own swords - some, of course, having blown off over the years, leaving a pile of corpses at the bottom of the wall. A Crane picks at the remains, then turns to regard you.

But no matter. I will put you to much Holier work than whatever your Church or your Scripture has commanded of you.

The corpses.. heave. Something, it seems, is trapped underneath.

The Crane gestures to the seething mass with a singular wing.

Do you see?

*continues to have normal dreams as he isnt a nerd boi

The Third-Eye flickered.

The Elven princess would awaken from her sleep, midnight as the stars flicker brightly from her newly fixed window 

“they never get clearer”

"Something, it seems, is trapped underneath." 

In the mines, alone, she dug for truth below.