The Oldoln Chronicles Volume III

Meb_KatYT

This story is FANFICTION

At this point in my adventures it is important to mention that Clygar Stonehead may have been the High Chieftain, but his grasp on Skanarri territory was unstable, with smaller warlords regularly causing problems. There was only one tribe who could really do anything. The tribe of my mother; Talios. The lack of the second “A” is important. My mother did not want to be a part of the warring factions, just like my father. They met, fell in love, and had me plus my younger sister, Lhaura. When my parents were killed we split up to keep Clygar’s cronies away from each other. I hadn’t seen her since then until this part of my tale. 

Turns out she knew I was in Norland ever since the battle of Vjardengrad, when one of my grandfather’s troops made it back and confirmed rumors that I was alive. I had previously explored much of the northern half of Solstheim, including a shortcut through Skanarri territory. That’s all it took for those rumors to start, and they had been planning my potential abduction ever since then. It’s a lot to unpack, but it is important for understanding what happened while I was unconscious. Then again me being alive is a shocker in of itself.

While I was knocked out, Cylgar sent a spy to pose as a childhood friend of mine to keep people away from the truth. I would later discover that this spy brought a baby back to Norland that he found in the woods. He was killed for doing so by an undead assassin sent by the necromancer. This assassin had somehow gotten ahold of my old armor set and was posing as a zombified version of me.

In addition, Clygar put my unconscious body in a caravan bound for an even deeper part of Skanarri territory. Before he did that though, he had my left arm cut off. The whole arm. Up to the shoulder. He didn’t want me escaping on my way to his necromancer friend. It turns out it wouldn’t matter as a team from the Talios tribe busted me out led by, you guessed it, my sister. She carried me over her shoulder all the way back to the Talios fortress, all while I was still unconscious.

I woke up unable to feel my left arm. I looked to where it was, only to find it was gone as like I said, it was removed to make it harder for me to escape. There were some runes protruding from the stump left behind. A few more than would usually be seen on the point a prosthetic would be attached to. This slightly higher number of runes is key to a function my new arm had. The Talios folk had somehow managed to get a blade built in that could be deployed with a flick of my prosthetic wrist. One of the doctors noticed I had woken up and she told me to stay down. She dumped some kind of potion in my mouth that knocked me out again so they could more easily attach the prosthetic. 

I woke up several hours later. The operation had been completed flawlessly. I got up and tripped almost immediately. My new arm was plated in Carbidium, and as such it was heavier than my flesh and blood arm. As I fell I accidentally deployed the blade so it got stuck in the floor. Lhaura, who had been in the room the whole time snickered as I stood up and my bearings. I turned and glared but recognized her almost immediately. She pointed to her wrist and made a flicking motion. I did so away from the blade and watched in awe as it retracted into a hidden compartment. I looked around and saw the people of the Talios tribe. Unbeknownst to me at the time, within a few years I would be in command of all of the people in the room.