The Haelun'or Gazette - Vol. III

nBfBylTxDNsjneEZL0ff43sZEQzW7rQT1j6jeYN8nDk0zOPLL1kTtiOd1brUyY11hH3lj4acurHGeP_vGSSIF7EJh1MGyg1y9g00JJmbf6KQuNGtJpKCtPX4SYd0EQheA-wAvx_h07z-ZxYQMN2PwDI

The Haelun’or Gazette

Published the 21st of Snow's Maiden, Y. 142 SA.

Vol. III

i7_7rW-5g1T5ZeQFXRHzPQlR5xJG8JSJx2xs1WvouG4noLDL91eB1pwxjhNNp2UJR_auPw6AIr0fVhuIhSBe7-o4drn9J4X_W5xb75GtgJnTc8o0d4MJvPP672hjN6JsmGK_pZcdIREw39-iUzqxA8Q

Important News and Events - Haelun’ors Local and Global news column

It seems our distinguished Okarir’maehr intends on breathing life into Larihei’s presence with a remarkable play dedicated to her glory. Those who are interested in such a riveting experience should seek out Celestia and audition for her play, as it’s heard that those who are casted will rise to celebrity throughout ElChihi!

Sohaer Kolvar seems to be propelling previous Sohaer Luthien's legacy in foreign diplomacy with the formation of our newest pact with the Kingdom of Urguan. I certainly hope that this will usher in a new era of foreign trade and relations, as it will be sure to help both of our glorious nations thrive and prosper.

Onto a more somber issue, our druidic neighbors have been suffering in an ongoing war with none other than our allied dwarves in Urugan. It is claimed that the dwarven clan of Irehearts had instigated a conflict with their foreign delegation during the coronation held in Norland, though the conflict in question was not detailed in the slightest. One would, or rather should, beg the question of whether our nation should become involved, and moreover what that would mean for our people. There appears to be mixed feelings throughout the land as some claim the mali’ame’s brought this misfortune upon themselves while others seem to sit back in silence or abject horror. I simply have one question to ask, how can we believe these allegations and if they are true, do we honor our treaties, or do we face the consequences of our treason?

Whispers in the Wind - Haelun’ors gossip column

Comparing two of the citizens of the Silver State, Carallia Maeyr’onn, and the ward of Alexander Nightingale, Asul, one might find the two appear awfully similar when taking into account their stark white hair and canary-yellow eyes. Rumors have spread of the two being related in some way, perhaps the young ward being a relative or; dare I say, a bastard of the esteemed Maeyr’onn family. Taking into account the hands-off parenting style Curunir Maeyr’onn seems to prefer, it would only be a wonder what he does in all the spare time he has..

It is also no secret that Curunir’s wife, Ithia Uradir, has been deceased for quite some time, leaving his children without a maternal figure. One would question how this has affected the two, as his only son has seemingly run off with a Talar’norian noble! Clearly, the lack of maternal parentage has caused some mental issues with Nelecar. Only Larihei will know if Carallia has not suffered in the same way.

And some words have spread on Luthien Maeyr’onn and Elasul Sullas, specifically their… hair colors, oddly enough. With the Maeyr’onn having ginger hair in a family of blondes, we believe that she may be dying her hair, as is Elasul too; one dying their hair blonde whilst being a true ginger, and the other dying their hair ginger as a true blonde!

It has been rumored that Azaerin Visaj, the producer of the famous Visaj Red, has been importing the grapes from foreign vineyards! I beg the question of whether our own local grapes are not superior to others. Do our grapes not suffice? What is it about these foreign fruits that make them seemingly more desirable than our own?

There has been ongoing gossip on whether or not our Okarir’tir Malithor Nullivari and Okarir’maehr Celestia will put their courtship to an end and finally tie the knot. Larihei knows neither of them are getting any younger, and with infertility among our lovely ‘aherals still rampant, it would be rather foolish for them to remain unwed while still in their fertile years. Perhaps we may be able to persuade them into finally creating a family together?

An Interview with the Sohaer of Haelun’or

Tell us about yourself. 

I was born within Haelun'or during the era of the Blessed Diarchy and was nurtured by its ideals and traditions. I initially served as a Sillumir before the Civil War which forced an exodus of loyal citizens. Years later I returned to serve as a Medi’ir during the inevitable decline of the republic to help transition Haelun’or back to an authoritarian state. It was during this service that I was called on to act as Sohaer due to a sudden decline of Sohaer Othelu’s health and the Ando Alur calamity. Once the crisis had been settled, I passed the torch. However, this was short lived as again I was called to act as Medi’ir by Sohaer Alaion Miravaris to aid Haelun’or after the catastrophe of the Almaris Coalition War that led to the loss of Karinah’siol. I am glad to say that in this task I was again successful. Now we find ourselves in a new land of which I am the sovereign, overseeing our nation during an unprecedented time of peace and wealth. 

What are your inspirations with your work? 

My inspirations are drawn from the archives of our history and the brilliance of past leaders. My every action is driven by an unshakable commitment to see Haelun'or flourish and stand as a beacon of wisdom in the world. 

What are some things you would want to change, given the chance? 

I always look to matters of state, seeking to foster a nation of continuing prosperity and wealth. With this in mind, I plan to oversee a refurbishment of our capital city’s architecture to better reflect our grandeur. I am also assisting in the cultivation of a dynamic Talonnii system, which will be implemented in the coming elven days. 

What were your aspirations as a young oem’ii? 

As a young oem'ii, my aspirations were steeped in the teachings of the Uhieran of which I was a member. I always sought to contribute to the growth and protection of our society by serving as a Sillumir. It should therefore come as little surprise that I was already enlisted before adulthood. 

Do you have any close friends, and who might they be? 

I am a friend of all the Blessed Citizens of Haelun’or. Through their unwavering loyalty and devotion, our nation prospers.

-

We at the Gazette do wish to add a thing or two; based upon the last answer we received, we do feel concern that the Sohaer himself may be suffering from insecurities, regarding his leadership, and being a ‘people pleaser’. As Blessed Citizens of the Silver State ourselves, we only wish to help him overcome these ailments so he may be the Purest he can be.

And now, onto the Gazette’s public questionnaire: Who is…

The last questionnaire ended in very mixed reviews, as there was no winner for any question! Though, in accordance with the last two polls, Valazaer Calith remains to be one of the most undesirable bachelors in the Gazette’s history. I will admit, that is an accomplishment in and of itself, and I suppose congratulations are in order.

We have received a request to ask who is the most fashionable ‘aheral, and while we normally would not do a repeat in questions, we figure it’s high time to settle this debate once and for all!

Who is… The most fashionable ‘aheral?

Who is… most likely to be chased by a mob?

Who is… the most likely to own a concerning number of cats?

i7_7rW-5g1T5ZeQFXRHzPQlR5xJG8JSJx2xs1WvouG4noLDL91eB1pwxjhNNp2UJR_auPw6AIr0fVhuIhSBe7-o4drn9J4X_W5xb75GtgJnTc8o0d4MJvPP672hjN6JsmGK_pZcdIREw39-iUzqxA8Q

This edition of the Haelun’or Gazette was graciously written by:

- Lavendula Pyrenaica   

- Diphylleia Convallaria

Would you like to see your own entry in the Gazette?

Send a letter into the Gazette Dropbox.

3 minutes ago, hemomancy said:

Cresence gasps, eagerly showing her friend and roommate the news!

Carallia Maeyr'onn takes hold of the pamphlet, looking the page over before letting out a gasp of her own,

"I'm most certainly not related to Asul, no matter the resemblance.. Though I can admit she would look absolutely fabulous in the talonnii colors."

She'd then continue to read, shaking her head at the various accusations towards her and her relatives.

"Larihei above, they even know about Nelecar? What sources do they have? Honestly, it's quite remarkable.. I am not suffering from mental issues, and my marlari'onn doesn't dye her hair! That would be absurd seeing as we uphold our purity."

A familiarly red-head Elfess, Ambrosine Decebal, seems to take the time to read over the paper. Enjoyment is plastered upon her features about the general gossip and information provided, yet it's mostly amusement with the occasional surprise. Albeit, a slight wince is made at the notion of a once dear friend, if not more at one point. She merely shakes her head before folding the paper carefully and continuing to sip at her tea in her home.

A highly stylish and coveted bachelorette, Valindra let forth a cackle at her rival’s misfortune. She promptly got to work, deciding to show the lad some kindness, and thus began jotting down a letter with tips on how to be more desirable, from style down to self destructive tendencies. The resident gremlin hoped she’d long since passed her days of courtship, herself.

Arasdir Miravaris procured a copy of the gazette on his way to the tavern, taking his usual seat. Upon reading the collumn about Elasul, the high elf put the paper down. The plot thickens, could Elarhil Sullas the Vampire be involved in this most impure of activities? And his unsatable hunger the reason behind the sudden disappearance of his kin?... Justice will find him, sooner or later...