farmerclown, Voidally

Discord:

farmerclown.

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

https://gyazo.com/8bd2e8edc760bf5f0f0da337f63dfe5a

What circumstances led to this ban?

I allowed a banned player who was previously NL of Celia’nor to continue to influence the nation’s politics and knew about them alting, continuing to enable it throughout my tenure as NL. I gave that player power over a community that they should have been ousted from after their ban and instead enabled the cycle of ooc politicking to continue rather than accept things for as they were and should have been. The player told me and a few others of Celia’nor leadership at the time about the alt and I gave them a character in a family. At the time I wrongfully thought letting them integrate would be easier than dealing with whatever backlash came from ousting them. By giving them this character and not coming forward, and then proceeding to enable their participation of the server and leadership, I jeopardized the community I was chosen to represent, and LOTC as a whole. This was a period of a few months where I worked with this player and hid their involvement with the nation from everyone outside of those who knew about the alt. I knew that it was wrong of me to enable them and not say no to working with them along with covering up the fact that they were on an alternate account to be on the server. A lot was going on and ultimately as the nation lead, the responsibility fell upon my shoulders to ensure that the community was safe oocly and I did not do that. Then it reached a point where I was tired of being in the position that I put myself in of enabling players that should not have been around, constantly making excuses for poor behavior, and putting forth a facade of what happened behind closed doors of leadership. I came forward with what I had been doing and allowed it to happen on the server by not saying anything about the alt when I found out about it; in tandem with working with the aforementioned banned player in a leadership capacity.

Harboring this player was the biggest mistake of my entire time on LOTC, not to mention getting involved in server politics to the degree that I did. Giving that player a voice and the opportunity to still take part in the server despite it being rightfully taken by the administration was genuinely terrible of me to do. While I knew it was wrong to do, I did not truly understand the gravity of how I failed the community and that I was the only one at fault for this until I reflected on what I had done that led to the point it did during my ban. It does not matter why or what else may have been occurring behind the scenes, between other players, drama, etc., there is no one to blame but myself for my part in what all was done. I had to learn to be accountable and responsible for my own actions, and that all I did was an active choice. If allowed to return to the community, I will be sure to stay away from anything when it comes to out-of-character drama and influence. It made me miserable and in turn, I behaved like a miserable human, breaking the rules of the server, and sacrificing my integrity. I never want to get to that headspace again where I make those kinds of choices nor do I aspire to be a virulent person.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I take full responsibility for what I did and fully agree with the ban I was given. It was deserved after what I did and everything in the situation that I am guilty of. What I did was wrong from the start and I was aware of it but I chose to be a poor role model for the elves and the server as a whole by allowing a banned player’s opinions to influence the nation's politics. This in turn with the trust I broke between the administration and myself, I needed to be banned to understand how serious it was with the responsibility I was given to be a leader of a community on LOTC.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

Over the past four years before my ban that I played the server, I loved rping, creating things, making mini storylines, magic, fantasy, etc. I would like to spend my free time using the server as a creative outlet via writing and worldbuilding. Magic RP, Azdromoth RP, and void lore are something I want to get back into and explore new communities that I've not interacted with before since the server has so much to offer. I've made lots of friends on here who have become positive influences in my life and I want to be able to play the server with them again to pursue new RP and engaging lore.

Attach other relevant information.

Thank you for the opportunity to appeal. I want to do my best to atone for my mistakes and prove that I learned from them. I spent this summer working on myself and my mentality towards essentially everything along with learning accountability and my priorities to do better as a person. I am truly sorry for everything; for what I put other people through with this, the new players that were negatively impacted because of my actions, and how unfair it was with how I was playing LOTC while NL. If you feel wronged for anything I have done, feel free to send me a message on Discord so I can make it right.

Appeal denied.

You claim to want to stay away from OOC drama and influence, yet you continue to be actively involved in Celianor/Talarnor leadership. Furthermore, as soon as you were banned, you proceeded to revenge report anyone you could. These are the two reasons I have decided to deny your appeal.