[✗] [Amendment] Necromancy - The Rite of Severance

glassyskies

20 minutes ago, Bonito said:

this amendments a bit pointless with ooc consent, players just ask to get their app denied when they really wanna drop a magic. letting necromancers retire from a life of murder and evil is weird. if anything, it should be more punishing if it requires ooc consent, not less.

the "but my slots :(" arguments make no sense, if you want something else just make a new character and move on. nobody can force anyone to play a magic.

And likewise anyone but ST should be able to force people to get disconnected from any magic. Indeed, you are not forced to play x magic but why at the same time people could force you to get disc from it and **** you over completely?? It's a goddman block game, why do these things need to be so hardcore lol. Also, before you tell me "consequences". It's not the victim who decides it but the people who gank them.

10 minutes ago, lemonke said:

And likewise anyone but ST should be able to force people in getting disconnected from any magic. Indeed, you are not forced to play x magic but why at the same time people could force you to get disc from it and **** you over completely?? It's a goddman block game, why do these things need to be so hardcore lol. Don't tell me "consequences". It's not the victim who decides it but the people who gank them.

Speaking honestly as an ST, I don't think we are impartial enough to decide who gets disconnected. There are many communities I'm unfamiliar with, and its unfair for randoms like myself who have zero context to be the ones deciding what happens to those communities. And don't forget that st are players too. We have people on our team whose characters might benefit from someone else being disconnected. Maybe they just don't like em. Its a can of worms in the end, and the lesser of the evils imo is letting communities police themselves

As for rp losses, I don't think you can always ascribe victims. To give an example, if mystic A screws over mystic B, and mystic B disconnects mystic A, didn't the "victim" start the chain of events that would get them disconnected in the first place? That's kinda the nature of consequences: by choosing an action, you accept its consequence.

15 minutes ago, Bonito said:

Speaking honestly as an ST, I don't think we are impartial enough to decide who gets disconnected. There are many communities I'm unfamiliar with, and its unfair for randoms like myself who have zero context to be the ones deciding what happens to those communities. And don't forget that st are players too. We have people on our team whose characters might benefit from someone else being disconnected. Maybe they just don't like em. Its a can of worms in the end, and the lesser of the evils imo is letting communities police themselves

As for rp losses, I don't think you can always ascribe victims. To give an example, if mystic A screws over mystic B, and mystic B disconnects mystic A, didn't the "victim" start the chain of events that would get them disconnected in the first place? That's kinda the nature of consequences: by choosing an action, you accept its consequence.

St should be able to if said person is misusing the lore or not acting in good faith, I mean. They are the ones handling the lore imo. They should gather enough proofs to see who does bad or good with it as already happened in the past.

For your second bit, I shall rephrase what I meant, I apologize. It's fine if they get disconnected whether it's unfair or not but don't you think losing slots is just an overkill? Moreover, people could start to disconnect others IC because there's conflict between covens and it could just lead to more drama and eventually the magic getting shelved, like the siliti did; and their excuse would be "it makes sense for my character" as there are not rules like templarism and etc. All I'm saying is, sure, disconnect that person if they truly deserved it but losing slots for it? A bit too much. It's already a decision forced by 4 people onto someone against his will ooc, it's bad enough as it is. Just disconnect them and have them barred from the magic, don't take away the slots if it's truly UTTERLY needed to have a disconnection ritual for a magic.

Honestly, I'd just self-deny it at this point with how much appeasing there is. In regards to a disconnection mechanic requiring OOC consent, it will never work, as considering time invested to learn this magic will lead to an automatic denial from the player, respectively. Alongside adding mechanics to shelf the Undead CAs when there is already a method to deal with them makes actually no sense.  At most, this should be knowledge locked akin to the Rite of Sealing, and incur drawbacks due to the nature of the connection. Plus, in regards to OOC, there is plenty of stigma on that which would incur investigations on staff due to the nature of a situation, but if there is IC motivation and that character is caught lacking, it is fair game. No-one wants to be disconnected, but sometimes, its the way it is. As time grows on, this lore piece adds on tumorous growths which proves it to not be a good inclusion, so with that, I'm out.

77223339_images(8).jpeg.7cb13121abad99dc1011c50ddb73b932.jpeg

My message to glassy: Never back down, never WHAT!? 

After some consideration, I've decided to self-deny this piece. The original intent had been to give the community the power to filter bad faith actors, hence the amount of members required. A single, bitter necromancer would be incapable of wiping a coven, and as a previous siliti player, I know how much damage a one-man disconnection can do to a community. 

Necromancy in its current state is in an era of RP feuds. Different covens are vying for control, yet there isn't all that much they can do to each other when confrontations arise. Conclusions to arcs and narratives cannot be had. Because of the way the magic works, necromancers are stuck in a cycle of killing each other and coming back because no one can actually be stopped.

I don't think that my submission in this state is going to solve that problem, so I'll self-deny instead.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.