How do I avoid writer's block with lore?

turkeyburgerz

Whenever I attempt a backstory I fear I am not fitting with the current lore!
I've tried reading some but there's always a doubt

How do i fix this?

I dont like doing backstorys to my characters, i find them usually unecessary as it provides nothing to my rp personally.
My best advice is to let your character be, and simply rp.

Simplest answer, you don't!

It's something everyone comes across sometimes. The best way to not worry about it is, create the character with a vague idea of what you want them to do. Be that an orc shaman, an elven druid, a human templar, whatever you most desire, and then let the character develop with as you play. Say, they meet an orc who takes them on a spirit walk, or a templar challenges them to a duel. It'll get you to see the different aspects of the server, the different communities, while also not locking you in place.

Another way is, and this is pretty controversial but if you aren't weird you'll be fine, make a child character. My main character at the moment began as a vague idea of an orphan who was thrown out for a small mistake, and a year and a half later, he is my best character and feels organic. It doesn't feel like an extension of me, rather he is his own person, and I am merely doing what he would on the server. While I might return a wallet, he may not, or vice versa. If you don't play around with age too much, and just start playing something- anything, you'll find your place and have a character you (hopefully) won't regret making.

If you need any more advice, or have any questions, feel free to DM me on Discord at @markisstreaming

In my experience I do the minimum when I am making new characters
Strengths
Weaknesses
vices

after I get the basics of my characters personality I move onto the server and develope from there