GhostSHTR

Minecraft IGN(s):

GhostSHTR

Discord:

GhostSHTR#9775

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

Masking OOC Sexism towards players repeatedly through roleplayhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/702606185936715858/1160249347502514277/Screenshot_2023-10-07_121322.png?ex=6533f968&is=65218468&hm=ae0c0aa06046a89d9a741602e4ca38cb28121541f4ac7ac54ba6504

What circumstances led to this ban?

I was RPing in accordance with the LOTC's lore canon law, which stated that women couldn't be priests and that changes to canon law required an ecumenical council. I then wacked the player IRP before being dragged out of the church. While I was following the in-game lore, I didn’t realize that my roleplay was hurting other players and was being interpreted as OOC sexism. My RP at the time was to try to keep consistency within official lore and how my character would have acted, and I did not mean to make people uncomfortable. Since the ban, I have taken several steps to make amends for my actions. I have personally apologized to those players who were hurt or offended by my behavior during that time. I have attempted to engage in conversations to understand their perspectives better and learn from my mistakes. I understand that an apology alone cannot erase the past, but I hope it demonstrates my sincere regret and willingness to take responsibility for my actions. I have even taken time away from LOTC-related forums and Discord for longer than my original ban time. I have taken close to a year to sit back and think about my actions.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

I agree with the ban that was imposed on me as it was a response to my behavior, but I will disagree with the idea that you must RP a character that reflects yourself IRL. We should acknowledge that just because someone’s Character is RPing a certain way, it doesn’t mean that they themselves are just like their character. If I personally met my Character at the time of this ban IRL I would be disgusted, but that is what I made the character to be. We shouldn’t change a character simply because they are following a lore that might make someone uncomfortable, if the lore is changed then the character must reflect that, or rebel against it. It all depends on what that character is like.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

I miss doing stuff with my friends, that I've made over the years and still talk to me after my ban. Just want to get back to LOTC for old times sake

Attach other relevant information.

During the time of my ban, I have taken a step back from the server to reflect on my actions and the impact they may have had. I have used this time to better understand RP, I fully acknowledge my wrongs, and I am deeply sorry for any discomfort my actions may have caused in the past. I have attempted to apologize to those who may have been hurt by my actions I understand that forgiveness isn’t something one should expect to be given but something one should earn. Here is a Screenshot of an apology I sent, I didn't get a response which I understand but nevertheless I'd like to think my action meant something. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/702606185936715858/1160250268840116417/Screenshot_2023-10-07_121954.png?ex=6533fa44&is=65218544&hm=32b206f872c2d6b45d0a356b64e05f72f9005bd778bd937b8cfac95b9b39b017&