[✗] [AMENDMENT] Seer Addition

AnonymousEyesockets

39 minutes ago, TheNerdocalypse said:

All I have to say is that I'm not against an amendment, but I feel that no seers were contacted in regards to this amendment. Communication is required when you alter a lore that will affect the community, and I have seen no effort in providing such. My discord is nerdocalypse if you want to talk more about the amendment with me, I promise not to share your discord as I can see you wish for privacy. All I ask is for some communication or input from other seers before this is accepted or denied.

No. That’s not how lore review works. To the anonymous player, don’t consult the community - do what you want.

Many thanks. 

+1. 

i'm a newer player (absurdly new with about 30 minutes playtime) but LOTC as a server & its lore, its magic, and its community are things i often find myself in conversations about - whether or not i can participate - and i'd like to note, outside of the content of the post itself, the people saying "the community should've been approached first" or "posting this anonymously says you don't seem too sure in the validity of these changes" seem to not realise that part of this suggested change is to avoid the OOC level of control over what the seer community does as a whole

going to a preestablished community and suggesting "oh, the way this works as a whole (the fact it is managed OOCly) isn't very fun for the MA's function" is surely going to be met with backlash and i do not think it is that unreasonable to avoid that

beyond that, +1, very cool amendment

1 hour ago, Neptunish said:

not realise that part of this suggested change is to avoid the OOC level of control over what the seer community does as a whole

How do you know that as a player with 30 minute of playtime? Every magic in lotc is like you explained as there is no easy way to approach it,  and this AMENDMENT isn’t going to make teaching easier. Seer actually has a good way to approach this, which is through posting a FA that lets know you're about(The server is big and with our mechanics+it'll make easier for us to create a bridge of communication).

As a genuine question, on your POV. How is it going to help the seers? How is it going to make teaching easier than it already is.

If you would like to learn more magics; ppl also make post of recruitment. Like the necros shrine stuff or voidal mages/alchemists looking for students.

Should’ve posted on your real account I can’t respect it if you don’t type with bravery -0

Seers recognizing each other on sight is a huge part of their community from what I've seen. They're like a secret society, operating together and to remove their ability to recognize one another would kill a lot of their rp I believe. The cult should continue. I liked the illuminati esque stuff as it was before.

During the half a month spent PK'd on my Archlich, my coffin had come into contact with a Seer who intended to never see the character rebirthed, placing Caecic on the item. Their intent to limit the Seer community, most importantly, members of a Seer clique aligned to me through consistent roleplay and encounters any form of rebuttal or response without the threat of disconnection being hung over their head.

I personally believe for this reason, the Seer amendment is warranted and a welcome change as these mechanics has led to at some points OOC abuse of these rules in the magic lore to gain advantage over their peers to avoid the consequences of their actions rather than inspiring comradery amongst themselves.

+1

If you think your addition is controversial you man up and take your ratio. 

But that aside I disagree on the principle that in the lore it also says Seers are loyal to Vaasek first and are capable of utilizing living lie to justify any inherent skirting of another Dieties tenants. 

8 hours ago, femurlord said:

my coffin had come into contact with a Seer who intended to never see the character rebirthed

That's the purpose of the magic and I don't think that can be seen as OOC abuse. It very clearly states in the lore that seers are loyal to each other above all else, changing that in my opinion would be changing a big part of the magic

To limit the length of this forum's comments I will keep it brief.

My opinions have been spoken about before in length multiple times, I do not agree on this amendment for multiple points.

+0

I would be open to a further discussion at a later date however for a re-write

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.