Forlorn Flames

Liam5232

Years of Isolation Does Wonders to the Soul and Mind

Knox stands before an inferno. The heat scorches his skin as he staggers backwards. He would stagger around, screaming into a void. The only sound reaching his ears being the flames whipping the air around him. His confusion would grow into anger, and just as he thought he had reached the pinnacle of suffering, his vision would suddenly resurge - if by vision, one the brightness of a thousand suns embalmed directly into one’s pupil.

None May Truly be Taught Through Pity

The bright light would send the dark elf into a rage as he clawed at his still-empty sockets until, almost like trying to tune a guitar, the light would dim, and brighten until Knox was left with a clear view of a single, floating torch

So Let my Spirit Guide me

A commanding voice envelops the young elf “What guides you?’’ Knox would try to answer, but as if the world around him was swallowing his words, the echo of silence would overwhelm his reply. 

Then Shall I See

Knox would feel as if his head was being crushed as images started to fly through his eyes, each punctuated by a thunderous No More. A small dark elf showing a dwarven smith a small silver ring - No More. The young elf first learning the complexities of alchemy - No More. A library filled with every study, play, poem, song, and factoid - No More. 

All That is

With a final flash, Knox would awaken, still covered in his blood soaked rags. He would pause for a moment before carefully tearing off what little remained of his once elegant dressing, and carefully placing it over his eyes

True

Spoiler

None of this is IRP knowledge, and it may not be referenced in roleplay