EPISTOLA SUMMUM PONTIFICEM: ON THE JURISDICTION AND SOVEREIGNTY OF LAW

MCVDK

EPISTOLA SUMMUM PONTIFICEM:

ON THE JURISDICTION AND SOVEREIGNTY OF LAW

CURATUS IN COGITATIONE

by FATHER LEOFRIC JRENT

08Bs55mEw5V8SFokAC6vTgW_dSSx8aIQo_2zu-I1QlIyacilKiU3sVN6XWb6zxYWLYZB1KsVuezt2QGFDQF3RfusnYd3y5QOgSw4St7DdQfdeCeWOy6DKQSWlSByT4wpMejvEeSUR6-g_d0LvX37PPg 

ANNO DOMINI 1952 imperiale // 505 septentrionalis // 97 mons civitatem // 85 meridionalis

I bid thee a fine eve beneath the ever-lightened sight of God, your Majesty-Spiritual, and come to you for the wisdom of which I know you hold. 

I find an area of the Church enormously under-considered and have recently held an array of thoughts on this subject; what is our Churchly jurisdiction and sovereignty above the laws of the terrestrial nations of our continent? 

We are the men of God’s service; and through our service to God, we are elevated to an echelon held above the norm in societal conventions. It is for this reason we are referred to as fathers by nearly all of humanity. Surely then, our status of servicemen of the Lord, therein sees legal advantages. Does our status as a Church then see our rules elevated above the terrestrial? 

If you, the Vicar of God, indeed is that, the Vicar, is your word then not the word of God, or at the very least a concept thereof? Does that then allow your word and the word of your Church to supersede the books of law? Do we, or rather should we, enforce further religious expectations through our own codex? Where does our role as a moral institution based on the word of God, and thereby the laws of God, exceed the jurisdiction and sovereignty of nations? 

And lastly, does his Holiness feel as though our own codex of law is wide enough for our God-crafted mission? 

@Sander