AN HONOR & A MERCY

critter

t17onL9oXzh7Ey7Zd59Wa64rpQpNtIconsM6GJPFML7lUMAXRQ2z8OQoYpDhWbCnEoQgfQW0d1RJuEyWHLGrTTXn85vhLiyyOMuBwS71Vpm2JinauyWUdg4pZwKC8HVEfm8vk4LliUvtGWPVpauFPU0

O_5tlyMufib-3uWcZx9ufucfob4rQbmZ-HhVbwt6EdI0xg6cWZGxEchXPl_6oym1uD-HbisSkm9MXUvmL4S935Yl92KNEsHXYb2xVp7saN_GoG8qFMX9c3ocqoqWg-f30N7srlfkBsaI0aWQmUy9lCE

1350 A.H. - Present

-zLK52HK6jWdbks6rw2OPVB6lIAQDfE8Yg0YiMskQl2GTje9bidRbaHqWhK8LN0lWLkV0nmn3KdQcUD3lkODwluyLZQbsCw2SPKprKPn6qcFp-RVwIh6U8Of0kxtMgbverDXEK60t4p9e-oO0HqXYk8

───

Skennerton Fraktur

From Ashes, We Rise

EST 143 E.S. - Present | 1590 A.H. - Present

⋅ ───⊱༺⠀⠀༻⊰─── ⋅

“The silencing order had been given,

and all men held their noise no matter how driven.

Time had come to drag the enemy from the keep they lived in.

Every man fallen today would be a bloody addition.”

Leonid d’Arkent-Kortrevich, The Fall of Brasca, stanza II. 507ES.

15th of Gronna & Droba | 507 E.S

⋅ ───────────────⊱༺⠀I⠀༻⊰─────────────── ⋅

FOR THE RECORDS,

Few honors will burn so bright as attendance at the Fall of Brasca, such a fine victory that it was, and this scholar cannot write objectively for I am still in the basking in the glow our last triumph and the coming jubilee of Haense. When the battlefields grow over and the ruins become relics, there will be time to write of it in the depth it deserves: until then it is the archives’ solemn duty to preserve and protect all works which record these legendary days as they bloom, and my own honor to raise my blade for the right side of history.

⋅ ───────────────⊱༺⠀II⠀༻⊰─────────────── ⋅

TO THE NIKULDOV,

So now we know how the wind blows.

Surely, Bo, you are not so blinded by the sins of the ANATHEMA that you cannot see what a dark and forsaken ink you write your own legacy in. It is with a heavy heart I once more extend my hands to you, once-scion of our once-unified line. If by the machinations of GODAN you did not fall on the battlefield (and I would so well envy they who had the honor of sending you to answer to Him), then I ask you thus: do the festering remnants of your lost honor burn within you still? Do you yet ache with the shame of knowing yourself misled? Is there any of our line’s righteous fire at all left within you?

If so, I offer a last chance at repentance. Come once more to the hallowed lands of the North. Lay your arms at my feet. Admit the wrongs you have lent your hand to wrought against this good House. Bare your throat for the lawful and rightful justice which awaits all Traitors, and, perhaps, redeem yourself as one worth remembering – or fall as a mere shadow of a footnote.

I eagerly await your decision.

PETRAVEZK IV VATRAGAN,

CXlpY15z7e7Pk09O0D3c_pA2KUcdpL1IylBjO9L_8AnJQveCEXDWllRIc7NkeDtPYUu_Mpz-18dH_dWB-Ia-xm3qE03kz5YnUp0U7Qp8wMjPDDyjCaf3xzEo-og3Y7dk3D2KJ2AA4Ve0mofEih_fk5c

His Lordship, Henrik III Edvard Amador, 11th Baron of Mondstadt, Lord of Queen’s Crossing, Patriarch of the House of Amador and Lord Archivist to the Royal Valdev Library

JF0XAveEbPkTUgeFV0SVSBb-Cl1bESB3YK7_Xvd6etf6p_55PE0K_0zzv2huHyAwRdUKJ6A2kZroOUq71mHzuqQ5n7edUAlrQtqJZVMZTHRcAKnnzIWbYUySjLvqz0es-MLDFJilGMmaNtAMbjjxeXU

An archival depiction of the Covenant forces in Brasca.

Yandel d'Abbassia-Amador pondered, tapping quill against parchment.

He had never personally met Bo, but he knew that the Nikuldov had abandoned his family to fight for the heretical armies of Veletz - the same armies that had slain his own kin and burnt a Chapel to the ground. They had allied themselves with Darkspawn, and Bo had seen fit to join the Anathema for - for what? False promises, lies, deceptions. Greed, possibly. Either that or he himself was a heretic. There could be no other reason, no other justification for such a blatantly sinful act.

But now Brasca had fallen, and the wind blew with the Covenant. If this 'Bo' valued his own life, he would soon kneel before Lord Henrik.

Yandel frowned, and began writing.

I have never met you before, Bo Nikuldov, but I've gained a fair measure of your foolishness and ineptitude. For all your proud declarations, Brasca lies in ruins, the sinful scattered, the righteous victorious. Take note of this merciful offer from the good Lord Henrik. If you repent but deceive, then GODAN will surely strike you down. If you refuse, then you will face defeat on the battlefield along with your fellow heretics. But - if you repent and truly repent, then perhaps you will eventually find mercy. Your sins are too great to be undone by a bent knee - I would advise a life in the Church.

Repent or die, Bo Nikuldov. It is that simple.

- Yandel d'Abbassia-Amador

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, satinkira said:

Yandel d'Abbassia-Amador pondered, tapping quill against parchment.

He had never personally met Bo, but he knew that the Nikuldov had abandoned his family to fight for the heretical armies of Veletz - the same armies that had slain his own kin and burnt a Chapel to the ground. They had allied themselves with Darkspawn, and Bo had seen fit to join the Anathema for - for what? False promises, lies, deceptions. Greed, possibly. Either that or he himself was a heretic. There could be no other reason, no other justification for such a blatantly sinful act.

But now Brasca had fallen, and the wind blew with the Covenant. If this 'Bo' valued his own life, he would soon kneel before Lord Henrik.

Yandel frowned, and began writing.

I have never met you before, Bo Nikuldov, but I've gained a fair measure of your foolishness and ineptitude. For all your proud declarations, Brasca lies in ruins, the sinful scattered, the righteous victorious. Take note of this merciful offer from the good Lord Henrik. If you repent but deceive, then GODAN will surely strike you down. If you refuse, then you will face defeat on the battlefield along with your fellow heretics. But - if you repent and truly repent, then perhaps you will eventually find mercy. Your sins are too great to be undone by a bent knee - I would advise a life in the Church.

Repent or die, Bo Nikuldov. It is that simple.

- Yandel d'Abbassia-Amador

Reveal hidden contents

Henrik, should he obtain a copy, eagerly archives the addition in the baronial library deep below Mondstadt. 

A letter was written to the baron. 

"What is honour before legacy? What is promise before the books of history? I will not turn and run. I have made my oath, baron. I ride to victory or I ride to death. I ride to heaven, or I ride to hell. And for all this, I still ride. This is sacrifice, this is loyalty, and it comes with or without gain."

1 hour ago, critter said:

“The silencing order had been given,

and all men held their noise no matter how driven.

Time had come to drag the enemy from the keep they lived in.

Every man fallen today would be a bloody addition.”

Leonid d’Arkent-Kortrevich, The Fall of Brasca, stanza II. 507ES.

Leonid is just now realizing his work has attained the "Quotable" level of influence, and could not help but feel just an ounce of pride for his work before going back to bashing every single mistake he's made in poetry over the decade.

Bo sat upon a stump, looking forth into the fire of the makeshift camp as the levy prepared for another fight.

"Phoenix" he heard as horses trotted up to the fire and mud splashed as metal boots sploshed into the wet ground. Bo turned "Gryphon" he said, a cheeky smile beneath his bloodied helmet, soaked in coalition crimson.

Bo nodded, turning to the flowers growing beside beside the makeshift fire

"The carnations are beautiful this year."