The Last Stand of Aleksei Godunov {PK}

The machine priest receives the confessor in his chapel with the body of the noble warrior. With full honor as a crusader against the Archenemy was he entombed in fire, his soul free to rise on smoke to the sky. He used the lantern of his incense censor to guide him on. The scent of perfumed wood, and the acrid smog of the Holy Red Oil. With each toll of the bell did every lingering evil spirit fall dispelled.

"O' OWYNSSIAH, LORD OF FIRE. You who led the first crusade. Bare witness to the virtue of he who is remade in the fire of your flaming sword...."

After the honored confessor, blessed, girded against impurity left to bring fire to the enemies of our LORD GOD, did Adeptus confide with his abbot the true horrors learned this day

Anatoliy I. Godunov stumbles back inside the safety of Haense. Atop his back was the corpse of a fallen Haeseni Soldier - A lost member of the Brotherhood who had met their demise down in the south. The Baron had taken it upon himself to retrieve the corpse, and carry it all the way back to Haense, alone, for a proper burial.

When the fallen Brother had been taken care of, their corpse set aflame as prayers echoed around the city - Anatoliy recieved the missive of his little brother's passing.

A few days later, and the Young Baron set to work.

"Jormunharr.."

3 hours ago, CanadaMatt said:

n of Saint jude slowly observed the chaos that ensued, did he

1 hour ago, SteppeNomad said:

The machine priest receives the confessor in his chapel with the body of the noble warrior. With full honor as a crusader against the Archenemy was he entombed in fire, his soul free to rise on smoke to the sky. He used the lantern of his incense censor to guide him on. The scent of perfumed wood, and the acrid smog of the Holy Red Oil. With each toll of the bell did every lingering evil spirit fall dispelled.

"O' OWYNSSIAH, LORD OF FIRE. You who led the first crusade. Bare witness to the virtue of he who is remade in the fire of your flaming sword...."

After the honored confessor, blessed, girded against impurity left to bring fire to the enemies of our LORD GOD, did Adeptus confide with his abbot the true horrors learned this day

Grand Master Halston sends invitation and requisition order for the soldiers ashes.
"Good priest of gear, I stretch my hand to you in greeting wishing you the best. You have my thanks for performing the funeral rights of this soldier, now please return him home. So that he may be along side his brothers."

Gerard's eyes welled up with grief as he received the news of his fallen brother, a valiant comrade who met a tragic end. A solemn expression etched upon his features, he'd whisper to himself "We shall meet again, mon frère. But not yet, not yet"

Robert would receive the news of his fellow Brother's passing and the heroic deed he had performed. During reading the letter he would not shed a tear, his expression remaining stoic. 

Robert would take a seat in the Temple signing the Lorraine before praying silently with only a few words being murmured.  

"Brother, I’m sure The Father has already welcomed you. But I pray that you found the peace you wanted. For your actions shall never be forgotten. In memory you shall live, Until we meet once again.”

As he continued to sit there a tear could be seen rolling down Robert’s cheek. As time passed. Robert would eventually stand up. Signing the lorraine yet again before walking out of the Temple with determined steps.