gamerdude09

Discord:

andersoncooperofficial

Ban Selection

In-Game Ban

Ban Reason

https://gyazo.com/1cbb30206f5a3c65d3bd8a2a68868d2a

What circumstances led to this ban?

I held a personal grudge against user ErikAzog / Parodies_ for making some of my friends feel uncomfortable, in and out of RP. Rather than addressing this with moderation, I proceeded to write a post implying one of his characters was gay, and read it to him as well as other communities around the server (this resulted in me being removed from my position in moderation). Following this, he and I had very little contact with one another until the day of my ban, where we came across each other in roleplay. He accused me of being weird, and I told him why I felt the way I did about him. When he asked for "proof" of the misconduct I accused him of, I spammed screenshots of him doing romance RP in the Balian discord server. Shortly after, I was banned.

I do not intend to interact with ErikAzog in any capacity going forward. Should I be re-admitted to the server, I will take any concerns with other players to moderation / administration, rather than act petty / unprofessional. I acknowledge that implying someone is gay as an insult is not only immature, but harms the LGBT community as a whole, othering them by using their identifiers as insults. I am learning to be a more accepting and tolerant person, and I apologize if I made anyone within the community upset through my actions.

Are there aspects of the ban you agree and/or disagree with?

Seeing the way moderation has handled cases of misconduct between players on the server was the main reason why I tried to embarrass Erik. Many of my friends from the server had dealt with moderation ignoring reports on players (who have since been banned) that engaged in inappropriate conduct. It weakened my faith in the Moderation team, and I believed they would not properly address my case. In light of seeing certain players removed from the server, I now feel confident enough in the moderation team that I am comfortable coming back to this community.

What motivates you to return to LOTC?

LOTC, for a long time, was both a stress reliever and a creative playground. I got to spend time with a lot of interesting, kind people when I was on the server, while receiving and giving direct feedback on each others' writing skills. I liked getting to act as a character in a world, and tried to drive RP around other people more than myself. I have missed this outlet, though I will say that stress related to committing time to the server has been relieved since then. I have had a lot of time to reflect over the past five and a half months, both on my actions and my mental state. I have sought help for my issues professionally and within my irl support group. I feel that I have made substantial progress in overcoming my struggles to communicate my feelings, and that I am in a good mental state where I can rejoin this community.

Attach other relevant information.

N/A

Your appeal is under review. Expect a response after the team concludes its discussion.

Appeal Accepted. Do your best not to repeat any of the behaviors described in your appeal. You will be on a strict thresh hold for toxic, slanderous, or harassing conduct, which will result in a extensive ban right away. If you attempt to contact the player mentioned in your report, only do so in earnest and if they ask you not to speak to them, respect it immediately.