In My Defense: Fook off, Dor'Nal

2ZbzgD-4pJoW5Sm4x1KUuqObrFNALCyptrnQ16hNGqtfqEYtb7hFllNdbcoQhKDScL5aPF-4SjZO-T-Cd5LkLqC6w-S6q9RgKUmGimA4_dHgzAob62olYIc3dnZQhM0EYMagGEq8-LCIaO2yAe5OXk8

AuV_9O4O3_m2860L5xkaA5ngXnugZY91E3XYa2T5OvvGkMoAy4t-lRLOkgo36QdSp5-Ib-Uo_bwc-PRKD3Ql473zoR7xOSEVkXqDZNf4xqKIqfaWlKr_gLbwgHan3rf7s5kpSdwoPXGal1nUmGeY0WA

ᛁᚾ ᛗᛁ ᛞᛖᚠᛖᚾᛊᛖ

In My Defense:

Fook off, Dor’Nal

ᚠᛟᛟᚲ ᛟᚠᚠ ᛞᛟᚱ’ᚾᚨᛚ

6th of KHOR’UNN, 2A 162Y

1/7/2024

To Jorvin ‘Aenguldrang’ Starbreaker, 

Grand Reckoner of the High Courts,

In response to the recent accusations levied against me, I wish to provide not only my defense, but counterclaims against the prosecution, as the charges levied against me are both false and overblown.

The supposed incident did occur on the 12th of Azsol, as the accuser claims, as our soldiers returned from our victory in the East. I was busy talking with some of the other soldiers, when Dor’Nal began trying to recruit members of our populace to his supposed ‘Movement’. As the Dwarf he was speaking to suggested speaking to me as the High Prophet, Dor’Nal began launching into a tirade against my service as High Prophet, as well as claiming he would not be requiring my assistance.

As I do not care to even offer him assistance, his claim that this is what provoked my response is absolutely ludicrous, when what the truth of what happened is I responded to his slander by saying the words of an honorless thief and traitor bore little sway on my feelings. To which, he took offense at my claims that he was both a thief and a traitor.

If these accusations were unfounded, he would have a point behind this claim of slander. Yet, I can provide witnesses to the fact that he broke into houses while our soldiers defended the Urguani Capital of Kal’Darakkan on Almaris while we were busy defending against the Mori onslaught. As well do I have witnesses to the fact that he displayed both a Grimgold mask and a shield bearing our coat-of-arms both after the siege and here in Aevos. I believe all would agree that using the opportunity of your countrymen defending the capital against a foreign threat to steal from them instead of defending would constitute both treason and theft.

The claims that I did not attempt restitution are also false, as I filed a complaint with the Justiciar at the time, who said with the move between continents that little could be done at the moment. Regardless, he then claims I harassed him after this interaction, which is also a false claim.

I instead had tried to speak with Lurdoic Irongut and Thurgrim Silverbraid about a feast, to which Dor’Nal continued to interrupt trying to goad me into an honor duel, to which I told him multiple times to ‘fook off’. As by Section V, Article I, subsection 1 of the Codex of Laws of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan define harassment--

Harassment is the crime of persistent harrying of or hostile [sic] towards a citizen of Urguan despite multiple verbal warnings.

Thus, under this definition, and myself having told Dor’Nal multiple times to ‘fook off’, I instead believe it is his actions that fall under the purvey of Harassment.

On his claims that I said I would openly disregard the findings of the High Courts, this is entirely false, as can be attested by Lurdoic Irongut, I am the one who told Dor’Nal that he could take it to the High Courts and I would see him there. Given that he included this in a legal claim against me, I am certain this would fall under the legal definition of Slander. As it is evident he is presenting such to you in an attempt to present myself as unwilling to cooperate with the courts of justice. On the contrary, I cannot wait for justice to finally be served.

Finally, his claim that my public and private office as High Prophet and a Clan Leader making this claim in front of other Dwarves somehow upgrades it to Subversion of Justice is absurd. According to Section VII, Article III, subsection 1 found within the Codex of Laws of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan--

Subversion of Justice is the crime of taking deliberate actions that undermine the authority of the High Courts in cases of legal matters within Urguan. This includes vigilantism.

As you can see, this definition has nothing to do with any of my offices, publicly and privately held.

I am uncertain for what he is attempting to charge me with Sedition for, but as by Section VII, Article II, subsection 1 of the Codex of Laws of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan, Sedition is defined as the crime of spreading literature or speech intended to spread revolution or treason, this charge is also a false accusation leveled against me.

As such, I seek to have these charges dismissed before the High Courts, and in return, wish to file the following charges against Dor’Nal Hammerfist:

4§1.1-2 Trespassing

“The crime of being present on real property despite obvious visual or verbal warning on the part of the government or property owner.”

The accused unlawfully entered my property for the purpose of committing a crime via entry through locked doors and keep out signs, while the townsfolk were busy with the defense against the Mori.

4§3.1-3.1 Theft

“The crime of forcibly removing moveable property from the ownership of its lawful possessor.”

The accused unlawfully removed both a sacred Grimgold clan mask and a shield belonging to the people of my clan from its place in my home.

4§4.1-2 Burglary

“The crime of accessing a container without its owner’s permission.”

The Mask and Shield were both located within a chest at my bedside table before their theft by the accused.

5§1.1-2.1 Harassment

“The crime of persistent harrying of or hostile [sic] towards a citizen of Urguan despite multiple verbal warnings.”

The accused was told on multiple times to ‘fook off’ by the defendant, in the presence of multiple witnesses, yet refused to drop the matter.

5§5.1-2 Murder

“The crime of unlawfully taking the life of another, with or without their permission.”

The accused grievously attacked the captured King of Norland in the presence of the entire nation, leading to mortal injury. If the case of death cannot be established, this should be changed to Conspiracy to commit Murder.

5§6.1-2 Slander

“The crime of spreading known mistruths about a citizen of Urguan.”

The accused publicly announced before the court that the defendant did not intend to follow the jurisdiction of the High Courts, a blatant mistruth.

6§3.1-2 Vigilantism

“The crime of unnecessarily undertaking law enforcement without legal authority.”

The accused publicly tried to overstep the authority of the Grand Marshal of the Legion and sought to slay the King of Norland to take justice into his own hands.

7§1.1-2 Treason

“The crime of attempting subversion of state authority or the assassination of a representative of the King.”

To quote a missive penned out by the accused directed to all Dwarves:

“It is high time we consider taking back our kingdom, either through force or political means.”

7§2.1-2 Sedition

“The crime of spreading literature or speech intended to provoke revolution or treason.”

See Charges of Treason above.

7§3.1-2 Subversion of Justice

“The crime of taking deliberate actions that undermine the authority of the High Courts in cases of legal matters within Urguan. This includes vigilantism.”

Concurrent to previous charges of Vigilantism.

7§4.1-2 Insubordination

“The crime of disrespect of or insufficient reverence for legitimate authorities of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan.”

The accused has repeatedly sought to undermine and subvert the authority of the King and the Prophethood.

7§5.1-2 Conspiracy to commit Treason

“The crime of conspiring to commit any other crime listed within this Code of Laws.”

The accused has repeatedly sought to recruit new membership into his Movement, which as stated under charges of Treason, directly seeks to overthrow the kingdom by means of force.

7§6.1-2 Perjury

“The crime of intentionally lying while under interrogation by a representative of the state.”

The accused has presented multiple false testimonies in his testimony against the defendant.

7§8.1-2 Tax Evasion

“The crime of failing to continually pay the full amount of your tax liability in a timely manner as outlined by the most recent tax rates provided by the Kingdom.”

The accused illegally occupied the space of five C class houses by tearing down the walls between them while only paying the cost of a single C class domicile.

7§10.1-2 Unlicensed Construction

“The crime of building out of code with any established rules and regulations on construction or decrees from the King or the Clan Council.”

The accused unlawfully expanded his domicile to overtake the space of four other C class dwellings.

In addition, I motion to have the organization known as ‘The Movement’ reclassified as a terrorist organization.

===================

Signed,

Alaric ‘the Black’ Grimgold

High Prophet of the Kirkja Dverga

Lord of Clan Grimgold

Grand Master Smith of Urguan

"Whack." Said Ellenore.

Levian'Tol squints as he tries to read the gold writing. "Bah, legal troubles. Just sayin, ef teh prosecutor es dead, ain't no one prosecutin."

"I dunnae remember killing the king of Norland, ah do remember the king of Norland being charged and being convicted by the High Courts at the time, someone is on teh good kind" said Dor'Nal Hammerfist after reading the leaked missive to Jorvin Starbreaker.

(( nice meta ))

Edited by Charles The Bald

Agnar Grandaxe rolls his eyes reading the missive before thinking to himself. "Per'aps a certain someone 'as been rig't all along as much as I 'ate to admit. Some dwedmar are getting soft on certain d'ings."