PEACE FOR AI-ZHO To the Li-Ren and Hou-Zi diasporas (╥_╥)

PEACE FOR AI-ZHO

To the Li-Ren and Hou-Zi diasporas (╥_╥)

ZI0sn0Aq4HPtGAeU2b4HN3a336IjWgHNA5ejUa9VFqouNqQ2rbkZ83UEP0Cgg-f4sbpaJjpMv8V1jpgYb5dsX1Z4NOp4VmyTXkAujCvzdeKiwS8zZbc4jwSpKq-KiZsIsUl8QKya-Jl7lPUrymDdtUM

The pursuit of an ethnic home for any people is no easy feat but it is a noteworthy one to preserve one’s integrity and prevent cultural death. Such has been my task when my brother, the former Shugo Ugokoyama Danzen, passed these responsibilities onto me with the loss of our home Tetsugawa. I grieved for our peoples’ shared loss to the Mori. I remembered the loss of our home in Yopinawa (Yong Ping). And I made a promise that such would not happen again without the giving of our lives and laying out a hundred bodies of the enemy for each one of us lost and at the very least we would be immortal in infamy.

Ever since I have been blessed with the gathering of Oyashi and those Oyashi abroad that keep in good graces with us. Sakuragakure is comfort, it is home and it is a land I will gladly give my life for. But in the path to achieve Solace 安らぎ, there have been times we have drawn upon the dark kani of the eclipse and perpetuated the cycle of violence of our forefathers. My brother and I’s rage stewed for that Norlandic Bank which replaced our favorite Ramen shop, and towards those few we ignorantly proclaimed our Li-Ren hegemony. I could not bear the betrayal of Zhao Ting Fung, who had been my adoptive and second father, who fell to the honeyed words of Asioth and rejected his family. We now realize that no amount of suffering dealt onto a whole other group of people could alleviate the pain of our lost home.

Reflecting on our past, and bearing in mind the feelings of deep remorse for the occupation of the Lu-Zhou peninsula, and all the violence levied upon the Li-ren and Hou-Zi diasporas, I earnestly pray that the dark kani manifested between our peoples will give way to kani most bright, and that we may find kinship someday both at home and across the world. We are in the realm of the Descendants, one that is mostly foreign to us and generally unwelcoming. There is no point in carrying on the animosity of our homelands when we ourselves owe no loyalties to the Shogunate we’ve abandoned and many of you are not devout to the Li Dynasty. I bow my head deeply for the loss of Ai-Zho life in its entirety and express my wishes to see the proliferation of all our peoples be they Oyashi, Li-ren, Hyeol-yeon or Hou-Zi. It is from the Hou-Zi whose institutions we have inherited and molded into our own and we Oyashi, Li-ren and Hyeol-yeon are each descendants of our progenitor Owinsama - our binding ancestor who would not wish to see us make violence and hate upon one another.

Recently it has come to my attention that the wayfarer’s temple of Mul’Naar, which pays homage to Cathant culture and perhaps stood as long as our village, has come under threat from our cousin farfolk. I pondered to myself: why have we descendants of Owinsama fought amongst ourselves, when we are so few amidst the hakujin patriarchy? I realized my hypocrisy and could not justify my own actions done against my cousins in Ai-Zho, for I had wrongfully pledged to do what they had done to me. The Yasu-Tori writes

“Suffering is the root of Sin; it is preceded by vain desires and aversions. The Sinner languishes in an attempt to control what is beyond His power. The Sinner fights everything to maintain ego.” 

The Sinner has Anguish. I am unable to undo what has been done by both of our people, nor can I promise there will be brotherhood that awaits us in our lifetimes. However, I would like to make an earnest attempt at reconciliation in hopes of sealing this venue of hate once and for all. An extension of a Sakura branch, if you would.

I thus proclaim the Shugo’s encompassing declaration of protection for all descendants of Ai-Zho be they Li-ren, Hyeol-yeon, Oyashi or Hou-zi - if they would welcome it. No matter where you are so long as you are of a virtuous spirit you may find a friend amidst us. Should you be in need, you may also find a home amidst the grand stretches of Sakura forests beyond Sakuragakure, Sakura no Kuni 桜の国 (The Land of Cherry Blossoms). Atop this, the ban on the Li-ren and Hou-zi shall be lifted from Sakuragakure and neither shall be met with unjustified violence. 

It is a new Kami’s Year - let us cease the cycle of violence. For those peoples mentioned in this proclamation who wish to meet with the Shugo for reparations, I am to be found in the village of Sakuragakure and promise, upon my honor, that the Samurai’s law shall protect you.

KATO OIJIN the Black Swordsman, Shugo of Sakuragakure, Legendary Sanbushi

Siegfried Barclay faints in shock upon hearing the news; he had had hatred of Li-Ren and Hou-Zi instilled in him by his mentor ever since he was a young man. 

After awakening, Siegfried enters the church in Minitz and begins self-reflection.