A WORD WITH THE LIBRARIAN [LESSER OF IXLI]

siglms_

nW0PZXLMSGJ60aPJnBC46bcefLfagKxJFtMiZAAgPsckVXu-Bi42EknMfDoQ42PmAhewHSSZssVi-GKtnnXp-KAixzr1zxeYfcP8NA0wxVuwewVaEpPK9f0Jyxn5z9GH9yb2r62LVdf5q4RFt5khblo

KEL: LIBRARIAN OF IXLI’S REALM

Drus perused the library within Orcgrimmar, searching for books regarding ancient urukhim culture. He found none that satisfied his curiosity. He knew one who could satisfy his thirst for knowledge, but he wasn't sure. Could there be consequences? In pursuit of the truth, would he forsake everything he knew? It didn’t matter. He did what he must.

“Broshan, Drus. Mal thrakug lat tul?”

Welcome, Drus. What brings you here?

“Izg tul u lnûrl.” - “Mol lat iist-izg?”

I’m here to learn. - How do you know me?

“Izg iist turu gimbubim. Mal lat nargzab-iist?”

I know many things. What do you want to know?

“Izg nargzab-iist uk lat ghashn-izish.”

I want to know all you can tell me.

“Izg zaug-nork lab frûm, ghung lat nargzab-bubhosh iist.”

I must take your mind if you want great knowledge.

“Gaakh.”

Let it be so.

“Zaagiira!”

Very well!

Immediately after their conversation was finished, the spirit cackled and a plague of horrific visions plagued Drus’ mind. He screamed, two halves of his mind nearly ripping itself apart. One half, loyal and steadfast in his traditionalist beliefs—  while countered by an ambitious half, constantly seeking further knowledge and new power. 

3qUujxFW07nkyOKzjlmhnwMiLrJuYWAzXfVOvX2ndnzc50m-NqaKxFv9qW7gdl--IntU8MVBw1aMgH77Pg37txmdOiXe5Kl_5ePqIQfO6xoN-VtJ2APFW6yDisftX__uOQ3VWJHGKgOGxBYqXmtuT-k

Keep it together... Keep it together!” He thought as he tried to bring himself back from the visions in one piece. 

After hours of struggle just to maintain his soul and mind he succeeded, returning to the mortal plane. His mind was forever altered by the interaction, but, for some reason, he yearned for more. He needed more. 

He knew that it was merely a fraction of what he could see.

Spoiler

Friendship with Sahnnate and Rahimnal ended!
Kel is my best friend, now!

[Removed pact with Rahminal and Sahnnate, replaced with Kel, Spirit of Ixli's Library.]

Edited by siglms_

Spoiler
12 hours ago, siglms_ said:

“Izg zaug-nork lab frûm, ghung lat nargzab-bubhosh iist.”

I must take your mind if you want great knowledge.

“Gaakh.”

Let it be so.

Bro was given a warning before madness— and immediately gave in… What a shame. (I love it)

Also, I’d be careful about spreading Ixli’s knowledge. And I don’t mean that for how Drus should behave, but for the spirits. Sharing his precious intelligence is definitely not the best way to worship Ixli, I don’t think? Like, Snowden isn’t best friends with the NSA these days.

Either way, I will be looking forward to see how this goes… Interesting RP for sure!

The first stars appeared above Gharak as the sun sank beyond the dunes. She walked a bit more, until darkness made more progress impossible— then, lighting no fire, she wrapped herself up in a thick pelt— and tried to sleep.

She never had good sleep, out in the harsh desert: the nights were always viciously cold. But this night was even worse, for she had an uneasy feeling which she had not felt in a while… As if she was being watched…

Edited by Gomoore

A Maddened cackling came from the depths within which the Mad Shaman Al-Uk'Yar hid when serving the realm of Madness. A corrupted and disgusting cackling it was, Numerous voices emanating through the corrupted shaman as the cackling developed into a full unhinged laughter.

Spoiler

When at last his laughter subsided the Shaman only spoke one sentence "He will be a useful tool."