Trial

fkmfbwtiUm2eZZUCCmgOn3HyCeBZ8oQp_4OqCGMRDDmNrBOt8yhsXDKDSOSwnEwsBdbzEfdw6Bqm76kkcAB4umWp-lKKDxxmCLKfvbVToHVIvmSHsby_ZdMG29z0H_E1ZR1Rj8UckbhpvVF5

Trial

TxpyrGEbitiN_iK0iaolCFW21zvHpZcaK4kHuk5lDYxpxb6l8-YQGxeuttmZZfv_xQOOvOsyAu8sZlLfGdMTnpPlfCEVosjcqKgjs8YujtCsXp2H9U4UfsM_AXK9eeECthG4x3fPYCLz14aq

At the Southern Summit held atop Stonetalon Peak, the Rex of the Urukhim was asked to mediate between the conflict of Yera, Chieftain of Kaethul and Haus, Magi of the Hokhmen. Grommash has agreed to do so as he did not want to violate the sacred peace of a time of truthwords.

THE REX publicly admits his friendship with Yera, Chieftain of Kaethul and his enduring respect for the honour for the Hokhmen after they honourably attended and fought at the battle of the badlands. THE REX resolves to be strictly neutral in his judgement, to violate neutrality and apply his biases would be a violation of his honour and therefore warranting suicide in shame.

TxpyrGEbitiN_iK0iaolCFW21zvHpZcaK4kHuk5lDYxpxb6l8-YQGxeuttmZZfv_xQOOvOsyAu8sZlLfGdMTnpPlfCEVosjcqKgjs8YujtCsXp2H9U4UfsM_AXK9eeECthG4x3fPYCLz14aq

THE PARTIES SHALL, BY THE WORD OF THE REX:

Present themselves at Stonetalon Peak on [Saturday at 5pm EST]

Agree to tell no lies

Agree to maintain the peace for the duration of the trial

Agree to be bound by the verdict and submit themselves to the decreed punishment

Bring a senior official from their respective nation to witness the trial

THE REX SHALL, BY THE WORD OF THE REX:

Judge the guilt of each party strictly on the evidence presented at the trial.

Maintain a strictly neutral third party position in the dispute of the two parties, offering no opinion or evidence of his own for the duration of the proceeding.

Personally guarantee the safety of the parties and the peace for the duration of the trial  

Offer a punishment to those who are guilty and protection to those who are innocent

Deploy the warriors of the Krughai and the Keshig to keep the peace and if necessary carry out arrests and punishments.

NA2Z-nWsxCe0sEuT905Lf_7RTZZrFA9hH1ldzIzSS3J5img0kZ8KdX5JhpqezsRHG2EgT3EGQfKyjiCSRYO9_G-0qBXt9rMzCXejJ1gStxNh2GmCIIJLOmHrK-KXRx5PZrBcuxg2apt4Oe8o

Haus looks between his bounty, the lack of communication from the Rex across promised means, and the pre-planned date in a brief moment of waking. 

He wonders if the Rex intended to let the bounty stand, or simply forgot to communicate along the way. Perhaps both - either way, he ponders if they'll ever visit the spirits as promised. Another lack of communication, another failure. He drifts off once more, to sleep and beyond.

So he remains at the Great Barrier, adrift in many senses of the word. Waiting.

3 minutes ago, PrimnyaQuorum said:

Haus looks between his bounty, the lack of communication from the Rex across promised means, and the pre-planned date in a brief moment of waking. 

He wonders if the Rex intended to let the bounty stand, or simply forgot to communicate along the way. Perhaps both - either way, he ponders if they'll ever visit the spirits as promised. Another lack of communication, another failure. He drifts off once more, to sleep and beyond.

So he remains at the Great Barrier, adrift in many senses of the word. Waiting.

The Rex looks forward to seeing him at the trial,

*A note is penned to his southern friend* 

Rex of Krug,

While I will not interfere in the private wishes of both my Chieftains, if this is the means by which they want to pursue their Kaggath - nor will I deny your right to privately judge individuals as the Rexdom sees fit to do so. 

But I am their MageRex, and this matter is internal to we Magi, and I have heard the cause of both these individuals and judge their conflict to be resolved by a trial by KAGGATH (An Honor Klomp). This is the way we agree to resolve our disputes, and the method to which all Magisters are bound to obey. 

I am culturally, and as their leader, obligated to resolve disputes between my Chieftains in our traditions. They should not dishonor themselves by attending such a trial. That the Chieftain of Kaethul has appealed gives me concern that she feels her cause is weak and she fears she cannot resolve it by KAGGATH, but that is a matter for her to gain strength. 

No punishment from the Rexdom of two of the most senior members of my Clan can be held as valid in our eyes without my consent. Such an illegal trial would be an ill begotten way to earn my disfavor for otherwise worthy relationship. 

I am encouraged that we might speak more on this topic. However if we do not, I will be instructing my Chieftains to forego their attendance. 

-Razad the Magerex"

@Narthok

-----

Separate letters are sent to Yera and Haus

@Ewdrawings @PrimnyaQuorum

"Neither of you will be attending a trial held by the Rexdom. Seek your victory in struggle and battle, as you knew was the way when you accepted your throne. The KAGGATH is your judge, the KAGGATH is your liberation.  Do not try to escape your responsibility. If you believe I will allow two of my most senior magi  have a foreign power impose their will on them you are more mad than I already thought you both to be. You may both think me old and soft, and I have not personally had to muster my own retinue ever since Lanre came into possession of a Necromantic artifact and him and his damn Azdrazi were fighting us, but make no mistake I will enforce my will in this manner. I am not some immortal elf but I promise my ghost will linger long after my death to haunt you and your children if you mock the magical state with this. You may write your letters of protest to the Chamber of Earth -  the accusations between you two has one solution: KAGGATH. Choose the path of shame and it will be known

-R"

A smaller section is left only for Yera:

Yera I've given you an exceptionally long leash to do as you please, because your efforts contributed to the greater magical good. This relationship has benefited us both. Your recent public stunt besmirching the capital, trying to rope me into your issues with Haus, and now this gimmick with the Orcs is souring on me. I do not want another rival as a Magister. Cooperation has always suited you better. Will we smooth this over? If Im a rival, it's because you are making me one"

15 minutes ago, Minuvas said:

*A note is penned to his southern friend* 

Rex of Krug,

While I will not interfere in the private wishes of both my Chieftains, if this is the means by which they want to pursue their Kaggath - nor will I deny your right to privately judge individuals as the Rexdom sees fit to do so. 

But I am their MageRex, and this matter is internal to we Magi, and I have heard the cause of both these individuals and judge their conflict to be resolved by a trial by KAGGATH (An Honor Klomp). This is the way we agree to resolve our disputes, and the method to which all Magisters are bound to obey. 

I am culturally, and as their leader, obligated to resolve disputes between my Chieftains in our traditions. They should not dishonor themselves by attending such a trial. That the Chieftain of Kaethul has appealed gives me concern that she feels her cause is weak and she fears she cannot resolve it by KAGGATH, but that is a matter for her to gain strength. 

No punishment from the Rexdom of two of the most senior members of my Clan can be held as valid in our eyes without my consent. Such an illegal trial would be an ill begotten way to earn my disfavor for otherwise worthy relationship. 

I am encouraged that we might speak more on this topic. However if we do not, I will be instructing my Chieftains to forego their attendance. 

-Razad the Magerex"

@Narthok

-----

Separate letters are sent to Yera and Haus

@Ewdrawings @PrimnyaQuorum

"Neither of you will be attending a trial held by the Rexdom. Seek your victory in struggle and battle, as you knew was the way when you accepted your throne. The KAGGATH is your judge, the KAGGATH is your liberation.  Do not try to escape your responsibility. If you believe I will allow two of my most senior magi  have a foreign power impose their will on them you are more mad than I already thought you both to be. You may both think me old and soft, and I have not personally had to muster my own retinue ever since Lanre came into possession of a Necromantic artifact and him and his damn Azdrazi were fighting us, but make no mistake I will enforce my will in this manner. I am not some immortal elf but I promise my ghost will linger long after my death to haunt you and your children if you mock the magical state with this. You may write your letters of protest to the Chamber of Earth -  the accusations between you two has one solution: KAGGATH. Choose the path of shame and it will be known

-R"

A smaller section is left only for Yera:

Yera I've given you an exceptionally long leash to do as you please, because your efforts contributed to the greater magical good. This relationship has benefited us both. Your recent public stunt besmirching the capital, trying to rope me into your issues with Haus, and now this gimmick with the Orcs is souring on me. I do not want another rival as a Magister. Cooperation has always suited you better. Will we smooth this over? If Im a rival, it's because you are making me one"

To the Magerex

The trial was requested by both Kaethul and the delegate of Hokhmat at the Southern Summit that occured near the end of the previous year. The trial was requested prior to the Kaggath taking place. If it is the interest of Hokhmat to withdraw their request for trial and if Yera @Ewdrawingsconsents then I see no issue. It is not the intention of the Urukhim to interfere in elfways, we merely took up the role of mediator as we were asked to do so.

NA2Z-nWsxCe0sEuT905Lf_7RTZZrFA9hH1ldzIzSS3J5img0kZ8KdX5JhpqezsRHG2EgT3EGQfKyjiCSRYO9_G-0qBXt9rMzCXejJ1gStxNh2GmCIIJLOmHrK-KXRx5PZrBcuxg2apt4Oe8o