The Razing of Brabant

The Razing of Brabant

1p9U4g2yeDvwefpJLafpQujMWeZXn-Q8fGbmQc-epmM1JkU-BYY25X1jVX1CN7ZrB75H_4BSXuRRrQbXm82wcDbtGXRp9x3kfwRo-OTnNR4m90ViT5lHstM6LXl3_qwOgCc-cT3zxBhpwYWf0IORRZU

Heed my word.

Me and my merry band, just a month ago, arrived at the Duchy of Brabant. We saw there a young man, presumably of the Whitewood family, or servantry - for he had keys to the keep. We had declared we were there to raze the town, to which, the young man, showcasing true Brabant cowardice, locked himself in the keep and raised the bridge.

Unfortunately, he was unwilling to lower it and give himself up, even after being told that, should he comply, the town would not be razed. And yet, the coward stayed inside. I’ll add - Aurelia and Gerard were nowhere to be seen during this, true cowards.

Nevertheless, seeing this small obstacle out of our way, we went on to the church.

[!] A depiction of the Church, after having been raided.

YBe-fTV3IVWfWqUNgPO2OCPe-CD1qffTp1lkC_Th0zPWKr5ikm2jE1diL-VG-W5sEQOlIkB7hlYNEKJWx8ufn81DvQnpiZcoNBvL1pFUZaBL4FcnrJlwpmQcdoP_P86iLyExUhoQ0t03kx9TKaHEkHA

ordered my men to enter the church, and so they did. We, then, as promised, began our work. I had personally extinguished the Altar of Fire in the back -

[!] A depiction of the Altar of Fire, destroyed

7QhZ3MFZl4rumLUkyc37_Fk2YblZP0UN1hNxRRLms72M2KJXYVKmWZfSBczLChtoDSOWPMAWrf2ODRF5ry-f7NOIxgadTb9OegUql_QUSNF8AALqzX50VlcYJ80TIuofaYZqoHBKf2630Q-opB8i8RM

and while I’d done so, my men worked on destroying the podium as well.

[!] A depiction of the podium and bookshelves, destroyed.

bkWMH0LrU1BGWmlIYk5aHpfnADTn_zL-ZCZLh9p_O7YOapFppWcyflWUozEfIjgdNgJ1HIyJ53jocgZL3awjvyP0GrNjNiGFsKin121MJFjqf3-9PEbAlKnSL_vJ4yXB698BZn_WbWFtw0DwXzzmkWs

Then, at last, we gathered all your heretical writings - specifically the Holy Scrolls, and Catechism - and we burned these.

This is what cowards get. The coward that is Aurelia, daughter of Sterling, and her presumed partner in heresy, Gerard, caused this. Had they not run when faced with my sword, your church perhaps wouldn’t lay in pieces. But, alas, they turn around and run rather than fight.

Your church was burned. Your shrines crumbled. Neither Aurum, nor salt, nor paladins, nor GOD stopped me.

Thrice your forces defeated, thrice your cowardice made public.

I will come again, and defeat you once more.

His Excellency, The Vicar

The Oni remembered this day vividly, a cracked smile growing upon their features. “What a busy day that was.. I’ll always remember it for it was the day I got you back.” They spoke to their comatose friend that lay dormant in the bed, setting the missive aside to feed them more rice water.

"You razed down a virtually uninhabited settlement. You must feel quite strong." A youth mused to himself as he read over this missive, showing it to someone besides him "Who is this, cheap market rate Gashadokuro?"

"Oi dink t'is es toime for anothah inter-faith crusade agains' EVILS" says the halfling Mimosa Applefoot

Henrik Amador seethes further North, hammering his frustration into a litany of blades to be sent to his kin in the Duchy.