THE KNIGHTS OF VANDER

Balthasar

THE KNIGHTS OF VANDER

DIE RITTER VON VANDER

_ncGefM82Yok_2Yp3WC74MLnZbBu4ddtm9J3Z3PFJrt7kly9nwCeI7YEUIiL1u2ADhGQj5Q5dwBCZbVHkcDOBV3oeQQ0YVZ8dhldvTtteyDY1o7w5vlMoy3SaKA5DVJgcJwsF1Bx3L5wh2BQJp0elcY

THE REFORMED VANDORIAN ORDER AND THE ORDER OF THE BLACK EAGLE

First created during the times of Aesterwald in the form of the Vandorian order and the Order of the Black eagle, the Vanders were the premier example of those who would seek to embody the Vander Code and tenets. After the investiture on the part of Hans Rovin the Markgrafschaft Vanderfell to the Waldenic Diet, it is thus now the duty of the Diet to reinstate the legacy of Aesterwald and the Vandorian Order into the fold once more.

By the will and patronage of the Waldenic Diet, the Chivalric Order of the Knights of Vander shall be formed thus, becoming the spiritual successor of those who called themselves Knights of the Black Eagle and the Vandorian Order. Recruitment shall be held locally, from the dynastical representatives of the Waldenic Electorates, as well as those who belong to a Waldenic bloodline. The Knights of Vander henceforth will be tasked with the protection of the Waldenic heritage, as well fulfilling a military role to upkeep the Sacred Law of Waldenia among the polities that belong to the Waldenic Diet.

THE CODE AND TENETS OF THE KNIGHTS OF VANDER

D7WCDW8IzW7aVYOd37LW8F9IH8mLyHSPMJrUiOVzNbdfkFeyVrBQ4U-JeBXu4ztzZSPJ_z_uAzSnP_PSyjY2mtgml_dAhcHX1kpcCffUmpqHlynV9akcjqXOkC63h7BgCb3q4av4pF0DnDR28E5sF7k

The Tenets of the Knights of Vander originate from the Vander Code and the code of conduct as it was laid out by the Order of Black Eagle by Saint Otto the Bald;

Why do Vanders fight?

To fear the Creator and maintain His Church

To serve the liege lord in valour and faith

To refrain from the wanton giving of offence

To live by honor and for glory

To despise pecuniary reward

To obey those placed in authority

To guard the honor of fellow Vanders

To keep faith

To persevere to the end in any enterprise begun

To never to refuse a challenge from an equal

To never to turn the back upon a foe 

HIERARCHY

N_94ZPQsPSTtl96h-eQMtGJU4j_7ZRLUE6w0vCL2gyIV9Fm7G39p4khXgkiaGEn24tkmL1QYsrIYu6apN6u14TkhHAcbpApoqiI-H1TB1qFANpL2E4ncKbYyA0jhkNUxc19-Zux8zR_fErEM3z0rQ68

THE GRANDMASTER - DER GROßMEISTER

Henceforth from the formation of the Knights of Vander, nominal leadership of the Order shall be invested unto the sitting Lord Vandalore, to act as the custodian of the Order, and the representative of the Waldenic Electorates. Upon the ascension of a Lord Vandalore from the diet, so too, shall they ascend as the Grandmaster of the Vander Knights. It is their duty to make sure that the Knights of Vander do not stray from their duties and tenets.

THE KNIGHT-COMMANDANT - RITTERKOMMANDANT

The Knight-Commandant, hand-picked by the vote of the Waldenic Diet shall act as the de facto leader of the Knights of Vander, acting as the Master of the Order. It is the Knight-Commandant’s solemn duty to ensure the safety of the Waldenic Diet during their conventions, and to ensure that the Order be adequately armed and manned by loyal Squires and valiant Knights. The esteemed Knight-Commandant, aside from the Lord Vandalore, is bestowed shall only answer to the collective decree of the Waldenic Diet during their tenure. 

THE VANDER KNIGHT - DER VANDER-RITTER

The Vanders, revered and esteemed, are individuals who, after enduring rigorous trials and embarking upon perilous quests, have been graced with the sacred Oath of Knighthood by the venerable Waldenic Diet. These valiant souls are renowned for their unrivaled martial prowess and unwavering allegiance to the Sacred Law and the Vander Code. A Knight, in their esteemed station, possesses the power to enforce and report the Sacred Law to the territories of the Electorates, and they have the privilege to select a solitary squire, upon whom they shall bestow the sacred knowledge and teachings of the Order, pending approval from the Ritter-Kommandant and the Waldenic Diet.

SQUIRE - DER KNAPPE

Squires are those who have been deemed worthy of undertaking the tutelage under a Vander Knight, aspiring to ascend to the esteemed ranks themselves. Squires, regardless of age, are required to belong to a Waldenic bloodline, and are required to endure a demanding and arduous training, crafted to test their mettle and fortitude. Only upon successfully completing this rigorous regimen shall they be presented to the Waldenic Diet and the Lord Vandalore, who shall vote for their inclusion, and prescribe them their ultimate trial, marking their imminent transformation into a Vander Knight.

TRADITIONS

WHlYrkanJoGDGN-nIdIT-mocwrUkCa8ob9b8LA-l524v4e_q8NzE287SHEVTAvKMWmK8lO-vnxkfV6xMqRyu_fC9faWm5yfquDcRX_zks2KHVhpeAEhfJ8yJJpWJJJA1kycBMKEN02QQUqp55Vcoagk

I. On Speaking of Words

When in the presence of an ally, Vander Knights are to behave with kindness no matter the ill words spoken to them in accordance to what the Vander’s code says; “To refrain from the wanton giving of offense”.  Vanders are not required to speak truthfully about personal quarrels when asked upon unless the security of the Waldenic Diet and people are involved.

II. On Blackmarking

Blackmarking is the old rite of stripping an oathed Vander of their rights and rank by putting them beneath those who have just taken oath into the Order. Blackmarking is seen as a last attempt for a Knight to save themselves and their name before being removed from the Order. The Blackmarked have no rights, no honor, and no name. They are to be referred to as Blackmarked. If needed to specify, they will be named by their appearance or a nickname.

III. On Faults

Faults are simply actions that are committed by a Knight who is in the wrong and are punishable, either through mental or physical labor. Faults generally exist under the cardinal vices:

Gula (Gluttony)

Fornicatio (Fornication/Lust)

Avaritia (Avarice/Greed)

Superbia (Hubris, Pride)

Tristitia (Sorrow/Despair/Despondency)

Ira (Wrath)

Vanagloria (Vainglory)

Acedia (Sloth)

Faults can also be more specific. For example, harboring the condemned is a fault. If a great number of faults are committed, a Vander will be sought out for Blackmarking, or might be removed from the order entirely.

OATH

Beneath the mantle of the Vander Knights' embrace,

I, [NAME], step forth in solemn grace.

Chosen by destiny, to join their noble ranks,

to safeguard Waldenic souls, in unity that stands.

With resolute devotion, I pledge my sword,

To honor the Sacred Law, by which we are moored.

In service to the Vander Code, my heart aflame,

I shall shield the Waldenic People, in honor and acclaim.

Bound by duty, I stand as their stalwart shield,

Defending the Waldenic Diet, our common weal.

May the Sacred Law guide my steps, pure and true,

As a Vander Knight, my purpose is forever anew.

In unity with my brethren, an unbreakable bond,

Together we shall defend, till eternity beyond.

Issued and proclaimed in the name of the Waldenian People,

Ausgestellt und verkündet im Namen des Waldenischen Volkes,

W0yxnmtZUpe7KW-h1mcG4MjFyCDZpPALGjZGlmv8GUfqibEJS07YPF5oXo_wnKMXkSB1qjrK4RdqE0yTEFVem1tf-DXZeP-Qw4lYD6dUyYaZdOaAWPyjnGHurUjHGgUbt8Bj3jbOsr86EJ7-VSWNdwU

LORD VANDALORE

FqgPlwYg2lKeBmKshiGhBkb7Hue_hF3PBfIvrvpTgfD1xs5IiH6HzffwSwzsv2Fmad7TIER9eyyqB0VTcqgtfluMplmawFU6rN4bwpi-lxy4F-vYZo_z5k9_0CKZBSkWwAKpgaHpZBFpiqB1ck9M2Gg

Spoiler

LITERALLY ALL CREDITS GO TO @MadOne THANK YOU :) (i only changed the formatting a bit)

Siegmund von Reuss, the newly elected Ritterkommandant, was filled with a sense of duty and purpose.