The Fading Afterglow

HazelWazel

Spoiler

this is not a pk post pls

ArHB-a5vRTicK1ZQ2B0CTH60L-IsE6BDacMABw1OAwNtUhsQTUodLv0Opw59WdByuQ9QG_NVbvwdcsz1OAecIkwu0WZV6a98sejRbITsQ0Im8G389KAEUpFCeDz-cQyHDtpVLiVkwliYN7IeRHLh-_c

ylNSGlwDnQneARGithKAvoFWHxJFN6zxnHsF8dUUGZx-xgP-oMlOqmp5MevY5H_zKCt_Fr117flRJDHc9hW6D8OLPMSyZr3_oi0IssZ7ayzNhohdHcnR_8HOYNY50S_1Dmw2RqR8gRK2-mxqf3TZsTg

There was no telling of night or day within the depths of Sunbreak, only a guess based on the comings and goings of the Paladins. Even this schedule became irregular as more conflicts arose, and duty called. For a moment though, silence took its hold upon the gilded halls as those who lived within were preoccupied with outside matters or finally finding rest. Only one seemingly remained awake, a Mali’ame adorned in unstained white who sat upon the highest balcony to overlook this silence, an ancient book upon her lap, water logged and well read with a faded Cleric emblem almost lost to time. What normally was a view of grandeur and shine was nothing but blurry shapes and faded lights and colors.

It had been long since she had considered herself of much use to any cause or event within the Order she was tied so closely to. She was no fighter, a pacifist by nature of her weak and ailed body. Her talents of healing were well wasted within a keep of miracles and deific gifts that could do what she did and more. Despite this, she had never stalled. She always offered companionship, an ear, her comparatively mundane talents of healing, or merely treats after a long endless day. To her, this helplessness she felt was not forever, but a mere waiting game. Her praise and prayer never stalled, knowing one day Tahariae would call her once more; it was nerve a matter of if but when to the devout Mali’ame. As long as she had this faith, to her that would be enough.

That was until her vision began to fade.

It came out of nowhere, her gaze straining to view notices and people at a distance. Soon the mild hindrance became a true problem as she began to run into objects and people. Within only months the sweet smell of baked goods had faded as cooking and baking had become too dangerous. Books within the woman’s home started to gather dust, unable to make out the words upon the parchment even with the aid of glasses.

Even in all of this, her prayers and praises never ceased. To the Mali’ame this would pass as all of her ailments did. Every sickness and hardship felt light upon her shoulders as long as she had her faith. Torture, kidnapping, seizures, near death attacks- she had lived through it all by the will of Tahariae. In each step in her life, even long after he recalled his light from his followers, she remained on his path; upon his will.

Until she was told this blur would soon take full hold, and drive her blind.

There was much for the cleric to reflect upon, she had done so much. Lady Treasurer of Santegia, Cleric and Priestess of Tahariae, High Princess of Aegrothond later named Elvenesse. A mother. A wife. A loyal friend and ally. What use would she be now without her sight? How could she begin to be of any help to those she loved when she already lacked? Those thoughts, that dread began to consume her as darkness began to flood the corners of her eyes.

“Mira? Starlight, what are you doing up here?”

Her thoughts of trepidation were interrupted by a familiar sound of heavy armoured steps behind her, though the feeling of overwhelming deific energy was even more recognizable.

“Mein Liebster-”

No other words were needed as she outstretched a hand into the dimming light which was closing into abyssal darkness. There stood no pause from her husband for within moments she felt his gauntleted hand within hers. Upon this cool metal touch, familiar waves of warmth filled her senses as once more Tahariae’s light was present to her. The thud of armour echoed as the Templar came to a knee, his head brought forward against his partners. It was only then her eyesight came into focus, granting her the  view of familiar glowing silver.

“Have I mentioned recently that your eyes are as if looking into the depths of the seas, to which I find myself always lost within? Perhaps not even that, as all other blues pale in comparison to yours. Those hues could never hold the soul and breadth of your love within their shades.”

“You may have mentioned a time or two, but say it again so I may not forget.”

A small laugh left her, before she fell to silence once more. She dared not blink, not wanting to miss a second of her most favorite sight within the realm. With her head against Feanor’s, and Tahariae’s light flooding her senses.. the darkness upon her peripheral began to close in.

“. .  . . I love you, Feanor.”

“And I you, Delmira.”

With these words, Delmira Sylvaeri’s sight ended, and though darkness was all she saw..

Light consumed her.

Spoiler

I dont think I've ever actually done a funky little RP post before, like this but I'm rather excited to dust off a old but well loved character of mine! :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Brb I'm crying, amazing job with this post. 

A Wanderer laid within her abode, clawing at her eyes with such fervor..