[World Lore Amendment] Everwinter Tree Origins Renovation & Kaleidoscarpus Lore/CA Improvements

Heyo! These are a pair of amendments which will cover two different lore pieces respectively, The Everwinter Tree and the Kaleidoscarpus from Whimsical Wilds Forestry. I've clustered them together as they are rather simple amendments that I didn't see a need to make two separate posts for.

Everwinter Tree Origins Amendment
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/207895-✓-world-lore-everwinter-tree/
-

A straightforward and simple amendment to replace the current 'Origins' lore of the Everwinter Tree. Reasoning behind it is that this was a lore-piece that I had written when I was rather new to the server, only having played for a few months, and had utilized a quote from an in-game book I had intended to spread if it was accepted to spread IRP knowledge of it (which I did via the auction house at the time). Needless to say, it isn't very fitting to have a formal lore piece have such an improper reference to RP means, which is why I believe it would be best to replace with proper origins lore (For both the sake of not having a cringe reputation and having the tree possess proper lore).

Spoiler

Old "Origins" (cringe)

Spoiler

Origins

"I can vividly recall the day I first discovered this ethereal beauty. The memory of that night is still firmly imprinted on my mind. The sheer force of terror and awe will never slip from my consciousness. This tree that can make one feel like they are inside a dream is native to the eternal winter that is the far north. After my discovery of it, it quickly became a treasured and beloved tree by the inhabitants of the north for both its unique resources and its wonderful appearance. While some believe it is rare, it is quite the opposite. The trees grow plentifully, but they simply remain far from the grasp of us descendants. Growing in both small and large clusters throughout places where snow storms rage the hardest and only the most foolish dare to travel. That may say something about me, but what is important here is the research I've gathered. To think all this had come at the mere cost of a finger and most of my sanity!"
- Wildermyth's Encyclopedia of the Estranged

New Origins (Actual lore)

Spoiler

Origins

Arising in the blizzard-worn depths of the arctic regions, the Everwinter Tree is an elusive and estranged existence which finds itself secluded from civilization. Hosting an ethereal appearance, the frost-touched tree only naturally grows within the most treacherous reaches of snowbound lands where blizzards and freezing temperatures prove to be relentless and consistent threats at all times of the year. Rarely enough, a descendant, whether due to bravery, belligerence, or a form of insanity beyond comprehension, will venture far enough out into these extraordinarily dangerous reaches to chance upon these elusive masterpieces of nature. For those who are both lucky enough to find them and lucky enough to survive the discovery of them, the opportunity to bring both knowledge and samples of them back to society becomes a blessing, each expedition over the centuries having slowly offered more and more awareness of its existence. In modern times, while still an elusive myth to many, knowledge regarding the tree has become much more accessible, both for those desiring to raise them within the safety of civilization and for those maddened enough to venture out into the wilderness to seek a glimpse of their in their native environment.

Kaleidoscarpus Lore & CA Accessibility Amendment
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/228748-✓-world-lore-whimsical-wilds-forestry-pack/

-

Another simple amendment which add a bit of extra clarity to the Kaleidoscarpus as well as permits them to be used for fae plants and soul trees, something I had originally redlined out under the presumption it might be used for weird stoner RP. Needless to say, it was pointed out to me that it was redundant as there are about a hundred different trees and plants that people can already use to do stoner larp if they truly care to, making the redline rather redundant. As for the lore clarity, I've added a simple amendment to describe why/how a tree is one of the two variants (red or blue), as well as tack that onto how it affects the epiphytes/soul tree CAs who might use it.

Spoiler

Lore Changes (made to the main body lore, the new segment using a different color to clearly display the difference).

Spoiler

[Kaleidoscarpus] A whimsical tree whose very foliage is a deception to the eyes and a byproduct of its unique nature, the Kaleidoscarpus is a rare and phantasmal existence. This tree’s form is rather abnormal in design, appearing to viewers as a mangled, veiny trunk with hazy and blurred leaves. The trunk, in reality, is a colossal cluster of thinner vine-like growths, heavily intertwined and holding themselves together through their own constriction. The leaves, which coat the top of the tree like a dome, are translucent and lightweight, composed of a gelatin-esque membrane that absorbs humidity and sunlight with abnormally high efficiency. These leaves have the unique property of producing a fog-like gas to inflate them, giving them a bubble-like appearance. This fog is passively produced without cessation, causing full leaves to have gas leaks and being unable to contain their own production. This gas will bleed out from the leaves at a slow rate, creating a dense and hazy perception of the foliage for any viewers, refracting light, and giving off the appearance of a dream-like, rainbow haze to the Kaleidoscarpus. This fog will dissipate when leaving the vicinity of the tree, limiting its presence to the tree itself.

CHANGE TO

[Kaleidoscarpus] A whimsical tree whose very foliage is a deception to the eyes and a byproduct of its unique nature, the Kaleidoscarpus is a rare and phantasmal existence. This tree’s form is rather abnormal in design, appearing to viewers as a mangled, veiny trunk with hazy and blurred leaves. The trunk, in reality, is a colossal cluster of thinner vine-like growths, heavily intertwined and holding themselves together through their own constriction. The leaves, which coat the top of the tree like a dome, are translucent and lightweight, composed of a gelatin-esque membrane that absorbs humidity and sunlight with abnormally high efficiency. These leaves have the unique property of producing a fog-like gas to inflate them, giving them a bubble-like appearance. This fog is passively produced without cessation, causing full leaves to have gas leaks and being unable to contain their own production. This gas will bleed out from the leaves at a slow rate, creating a dense and hazy perception of the foliage for any viewers, refracting light, and giving off the appearance of a dream-like, rainbow haze to the Kaleidoscarpus. This fog will dissipate when leaving the vicinity of the tree, limiting its presence to the tree itself. Uniquely, the tree possesses a red variant and blue variant, although mundane in nature beyond appearance. The color is determined by generational alteration rather than any environmental factors, a red variant's offspring always being of the blue variant while the blue variant's offspring will always be of the red variant.

Redline Changes (changes only one redline)

Spoiler

- May not be used as a Fae Plant (Epiphyte) or Soul Tree

CHANGE TO

- May be used as a Fae Plant (Epiphyte) or Soul Tree, but the variant of the tree will alternate each time it is replanted/relocated.