THE FIRST RAID

OOC:

Spoiler

I’d like to thank everyone who participated in the raid (again). This be the people we banditted, and the people that banditted. Shout out to the Vale for being very good sports, deciding not to go crazy in OOC or cause the conflict to go for an unecessary amount of time. I hope you all enjoyed the RP, and I hope your characters can develop further as a result of it. Thank you!
PS: We're looking for bards, poets and merchants! if you're interested:
https://discord.gg/ENzauXSUdr
THIS POST IS NOT A MISSIVE

Spoiler

54dJQYr.png?ex=66109373&is=65fe1e73&hm=3gHqlC6I.png?ex=66107ac8&is=65fe05c8&hm=0
screenshots above by hairy_sonic
screenshots below by me (hostage train lead by 2 more hostages)
2024-03-22_23.12.50.png?ex=66107b43&is=62024-03-22_23.12.57.png?ex=66107b44&is=6
the faith of baldr...
2024-03-23_00.04.22.png?ex=66119fef&is=6

Im9jJr6L6qCX2-LlQFOT5BwHZ8oYmZOqTk3qIp3kmfI75hlkRMEVSthaFDQ1wYTghZMskmXY9EmoZmYOid4GPzS7fxCtDxfkrG92MXEeSzC-1oOxZBhwsve2P0exETuzg7ufqWyvNWFLAnNgL-Bd5LU

In the year of  173 of the Second Age and Thodar’s stone day.

Index:

1 . THE FIRST SAIL 

2 . KLOUFFSONS DECEIT   

3 . FEAST OF THE KING

0X_lhFZE-FDO85E7A2IAOJSGcnLkQ8nYhAW9Dd8FwM3yNYuw7Piw5AWfc6eUJiO1F7tq8LfhKGrKfacwZ4TePARYgjW1M-5to7x45m2azoDj4FTOS4LeC4V0Q3kEHyb9mKO5I7DmaYpHDKY3hWvcFz0

Baldr Ireheart and his men readied themselves at the head ship of their new found fleet. Beardlings most but not all, for elders such as Grungot Frostbeard sat atop one of the benches. Baldr readied himself, standing atop of the front of the ship, his hand grasping the dragon head he so elegantly carved.

“Lads, a couple rules!” His voice called.

The crew paid attention then.

“One, t’is ain’t a plot for murder! T’is is, a simple manner of raisin’. If t’ey deny our peaceful request, we’ll end ‘em!” A simple set of rules.

“Set sail!” Called the crew, “Raise the flag!”

At once, the rest of the crew grasped the ropes, pulling at them to set the sails and the green, white flag of their ship. The steady winds that blew from the caverns of the western fjords set the ship at a steady pace. The dwarves, including Baldr Ireheart, readied their oars and set sail to the north, hugging the uneven coastline of the cold west. 

The great shadow of the first bridge fell down upon them. Its marbled stone reflected the water. The oars at this very point were left unnecessary due to the far storm providing enough wind for them to let themselves sail with ease.

“Grungot.” Baldr turned his face behind his shoulder.

The elder Frostbeard sporting him with the same blue eyes as he. “Aye?” 

“Right or Left, do you remember?” 

“Right. Follow the coastline as you’ve said before, t’is will lead your way.”

Baldr took his old friend’s advice. He called out to the rest of his men; “Starboard!” 

NTnFUHv2KRHEJD1eKGjWUouW82iVz8LYWCaLdGPsPn8kN9qWl4UIW_CF_pF9qa57A3sr0Gua1LcrAfYIc8zTsuk-7EykaQNnlJS77kQbK4Gjo0Cvnvm7xfD5GIEMogenDbfCSY8v-XbstvMBJCEr-1I

Baldr blew out the lights that lightened their way, and the crew fell quiet. The only sound that called through the valley was the sound of the birds and the early morning. The new face, Crylik, dropped the first anchor into the water. The crew's eyes met the tall cliff of Nevaelhen. Baldr waved his hand and dropped into the cold waters, swaying through to reach the shore. His crew followed, still at awe by the tall cliff they had to climb. 

“I'll stay with the ship, keep it safe until it's clear. Call upon me once you reach the top” Said Grungrim Klaufsson, another new face to the ship. 

“I'll head to the further left, will see if I spot any easy entrance.” Offered Thormodor, the trusty scout of the crew. 

“Good.” Said Baldr to his up and coming brothers in arms. “The rest, follow me, we’ll see if there's a way in through the right.” 

Thormodor called to Baldr before he had left;Make sure to check the main gate.

Baldr yet again accepted the advice of his trusty friend, moving around the tall walls and uneven cliffs of the ruins of Talar’nor. He moved around the broken bridge and climbed the ridge to its flank. Baldr now faced the shut gate of the Vale. He waved to one of the wood elves that had spotted him, Ghilean. 

The gates rose, and Baldr fell to be questioned by Ghilean, an elf he had met before in his quest for elven ears. As the captain conversed with the elf, the rest of the crew checked the height of the walls, every crack, and every window to seek a way in. This took a great deal of stone time, yet the dwarves, with their grand scent for loot, found a way into the fallen city. 

Baldr's lies and words of deceit came to no avail, for he was of the blood of Kjellos, a danger to the Navaehlen kind. After Baldr struck a deal with Ghilean for him to leave and the rest of his party to stay, Baldr was met by Thormodor, who enlightened him with the second entrance. 

Baldr and Thormodor snuck into the city, awaiting their companions' entry through the main gate. However, after this had failed, the brave Gungrim Klauffson took charge. He fell to his knees and put out a play for the elven kind. The rest of the party, one by one, snuck away to get into the city.

lSmeF2q6NkJai0j3KwjgQlIZkSBe3otbBGriBmvqOPhKUfysgA_olo2e9nLdqn-0Hpa4qytG0A7dHKIcrmfmdiU7nLNk9FcUxcR3BEAUW8xW7B8n_uXic-qPAS3DC3EirX4WPIKyF7oj92zxDoX9eAk

There was, a dwarf called Gungrim Klauffson,

He sat in the gate of Nevaehlen,

Earning trust in the play of lies,

The elven folk took him in, 

and set themselves a surprise!

We hear you, Gungrim Klauffson,

We hear your words of trickery!

They hear you, Gungrim Klauffson,

They hear words of nobility!

While Gungrim spoke words of Grimdugan,

The raiders set themselves in stone,

Axe, shields and swords be raised,

Helmets placed, they fell to raid!

We hear you, Gungrim Klauffson,

We hear your words of trickery!

They hear you, Gungrim Klauffson,

They hear words of nobility!

zXKRQ0QTXcpp1Xv7NmMm7ucWT2_MBPPtt-kiOnrRhg48rNsGUC0SO9NdMRPkvj3FxgVPayw1-bemnyNafayVfg3QwEqkQYJU_qbWIFGJZdRmwaWnEmuYXxiPa-JUZbg4pc8ncxnoeK8Roh2JN3YdTRE

The dwarves put down an ambush. After each one of their brothers stood in the city, the raiders rushed with their shields, axes, and swords, surrounding the elven kind swiftly and efficiently. 

“PUT T’A MONEY IN MY BEARD!” Roared the elder, Grungot Frostbeard.

The Nevaehlen people at first fell to a subject of resistance, causing Baldr to strike at one man's knee. The only cause of action throughout the entirety of the raid. Thormodor and Gungrim continued their act of lying, fooling the elven people once more and protecting the shield wall from the back.

As everything was going smoothly for Baldr's first raid, he called out to everyone:

“NO HARM WILL COME! TO THOSE THAT NAE WISH IT!” 

To ensure the continuity of this safe raid, he called coldly to his crewmates, “Kill the ones that resist.”

Two elven warriors set out to face the shield wall; both, however, were stopped by Thormodor and Gungrim in a foolish manner. Baldr threatened one of the hostages to force them to put down their weapons and fall in line. Which, without a struggle, they did. 

“Where's your ‘all?” asked Baldr to Ghilean, one of the warriors who had just put down their arms.

“It's all the way in the back of the city,” Ghilean answered, leading the party and train of hostages to the said hall.

Upon entering, the party of dwarven pirates was met with disappointment. They expected a hall with a grand table, but instead, they were met with dust and ruins, tents, and a singular fireplace. 

"Sad,” said Baldr, though he wasted no time. He waved to his crew to line up the elves, and the beardling captain walked to stand atop the railing.

“Dear elves! We come for no ‘arm; we just’ want’ your loot! My name is Baldr; not to be confused with the affiliation of Urguan, we come in peace!” Baldr called out to all the hostages, those seated and those not.

Baldr was to continue speaking, but the interruption of a newcomer had halted this. Elves and even a goblin, dressed in bronze and golden armor, entered the hall. Among those elves was a stouter, one-eyed dwarf. Grelu, the grand king of Urguan. Baldr smiled. 

“Welcome to our party, lads!” Baldr roared to the king and his elven company. “Say welcome!” 

“Welcome!” spoke a few dwarves; “Welcome lads to the feast,” said another; “Welcome lads!” and another. 

The group of pirates all greeted the king and his accompanying party. In time and in conversation, Baldr and his following pirates learned that one of the elves had run all the way to the Grand Kingdom to call upon the Grand King Grelu. They thought of it as absurd; after all, none of them were affiliated with Urguan under this raid. But regardless, the King asked them to leave, and so they did. They let the prisoners go and walked out, carrying a grand ton of loot, weapons, and animal cloaks.

The group of pirates all greeted the king and his accompanying party. In time, and in conversation, Baldr and his following pirates have learned that one of the elves had run all the way to the Grand Kingdom, to call upon the Grand King Grelu. They thought of it as absurd, afterall, none of them were affiliated with Urguan underneath this raid. But regardless, the King asked them to leave, and so they did. They let the prisoners go, and walked out, carrying a grand ton of loot, weapons and animal cloaks. 

Dc1XUFpql56tijokRYIoVHXoTmwEIsjxOUktrIN5sJ9gOVJ8nSPi8ipQrKDKZj1ws4I5ofKRUIzj1GNsE3PE2GAcPw1XEu_uAUSpZuRMflQXyDSvqTJFvWp9iJnxVLva4EzCDcwZHcfx0VtUFZb3-Yo

Baldr and his crew sailed back to their docks and spread their loot inbetween eachother. The raid was a grand success for no dwarf was harmed, and one elf was. 

Egil Ormsson brightly smiles on distant shores as tales of viking raids reach his ears.

"And then the serpent consumed them all." He wrote at the bottom of his own copy.

Stefan Euler hides the wealth of the turtle, far from the prying eyes of viking raiders...

An old Irehearts heart swelled with pride, Thorgrim Ireheart could not help but grin as his great grandson found adventure and plunder in lands of the Elves.