•─────⋅ Protoregne Periodical | Vol. I ⋅─────•

Lirinya

𝔓𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔤𝔫𝔢 𝔓𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔬𝔡𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔩

24th of Godfrey’s Triumph, 106B.A                                                                                        Price: Free (Donations welcome)

𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓮𝓽𝓼 | 𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓑𝓾𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓮𝓼

What Will They Bring to Balian?

The markets of Portoregne have remained the same since the arrival of the descendents to Aevos and, were in my opinion, in dire need of a change.

Many were left empty or lacking which left for Portoregne’s shopping experience to fall short.

Now, it seems, with some hard graft from its citizens, these stalls appear to be on the rise. A third of the marketplace has been redesigned- with a new lease of life breathed into it. Gone are the clunky displays and in their place, elegant structures with vibrant hues decorating their canopies sit ready for the taking. 

It seems to have worked-! There are four entirely new businesses open for trade! What will you find on your next visit, I wonder?

𝚆𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙴𝙳! 

𝙸𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙰𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚋𝚞𝚛𝚐

Cr_NFWD0HneWgj2-WePO3lrwUgt0I--ns-uBfd-mXpI0IOjGsp_3R7vkDDid1FIHPkG4qErEv1PmPvAPPNBHYhzAYtNBqUEOfA448O13mUwB_9RHcTV_zA2ks3L8qxh8tTLH9mFFCN0-YdwRYRGbV7g

The office of the Legate is once again hiring.

The position entails a need for a leader, who prides themself in their diplomatic skills. It seeks citizens who meet the following criteria:

• Of Eighteen years of age,
  • Balian Citizen,
  • Diplomatic Prowess

Individuals are asked to write to the Amitarus Kristoffer var Ruthern with their interest.

LkSMi6OqmLJe0ez-9Z6qHBIlfIKxKT7GQndHZ8nFAGMnWHfl8gyjkEqgzL22E8MOKK1JI24L3KR0Kc2ObWS_WUSGmMmGw3IQZiYPGFEhqFMjMJcyWbcnwlytz_nCNRoIuMfijEKJriSo6USaiSpMIt4

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓰𝓻𝔂 𝓗𝓲𝓹𝓹𝓸

Situated along the canals, Portoregne’s tavern- manned by Achillius- offers a central place for revelry and celebration.

With beverages provided by the local peer households, you can be sure to experience a flavor of Balian whenever you visit. 

It is often host to meetings, lessons, performances and more. And with the promise of companionship in the form of Balian’s most loved mammals, the Hippo’s, there is never a dull moment.

uo3Zw3HXAQQfN7fO2ME3ew1LfAMpqkVTujsmizexDgXFRV9_vYwHO7GCzi_SyFi8PgGP9YS-ko4ilXvcccSQ71lE6P1TViPkIJD3tzZtDf66RHm7wLruIH8tVjqdvl7mWDXx4cazOFrjYyg9U5yLiMc

A bloat of hippos are often found playing within the canal, entertaining passers-by

𝕄𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕒𝕔𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 ℍ𝕠𝕝𝕕

A prayer for our brave citizens.

Within the early hours of the morning, residents of Portoregne and veterans of the Balian nation began to report a peculiar scent- a smell both unlike any other and yet something unmistakable. Baked goods but- there was something off.

Those who ventured along the roads called attention to several wagons which were making their way to St’ Lothar’s fort. One reported that the caravan was filled with hay- just what was happening down there?

Suspicion rose, and the people of Balian began to convene and rally in preparation for something. Murders of crows squaked and called- crying out over the otherwise blissful blue skies of the south. Many sought shelter within their homes and keeps. Those brave enough ventured to these meetings, clad in plate and with weapons at the ready.

And then it began. An assault upon the keep of St’ Lothar. Balian attacked the creatures which threatened their home and their safety.

---------------------------------------

The keep was taken- its gate smoldering to the ground. A battle which lasted for Saints Hours tore both the keep and the Balianese ashred, and many countrymen were lost to the attackers. The Watchman. A creature of foul origins; a scarecrow which commanded the attack upon the keep with its vile minions was rendered unconscious by Dame Gwenyth Vuiller, and is currently awaiting a trial to decide its fate.

---------------------------------------

We extend a prayer to all who were lost to the battle. May you each reach the Seven Skies and join your loved ones in peace.

Equally, we offer thanks and honors to Dame Gwenyth for her capture of the creature, and to any of those who fought alongside. 

𝓞𝓬𝓮𝓪𝓷'𝓼 𝓖𝓲𝓯𝓽 𝓜𝓪𝓼𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮

In only one more Saint’s day- the masquerade of the season is to be held at the Palace.

The coming of adulthood for Balian’s youngest royal children- Her Highness Ophelia and His Highness Elianos. 

The celebration is set to be held within the Palace’s private beach- with the promise of dancing, food and games to celebrate the gifts of the south. Fresh seafood and locally made wines will be on offer, with fruit cocktails for the younger attendees. 

Residents of Balian are welcome to join- they are asked to ensure their attire is suited for the heat and the sands, and reminded to bring a mask!

Citizens are encouraged to reach out to Cosima Victoria Temesch should they wish their stories or business be featured within the next release of the tabloid. 

Kristoff var Ruthern pop opens the newspaper, his eyes scanning it. “Very well done, though my names not Kristoffer.” He chuckled at the misprint before continuing reading.

1 minute ago, Imperium said:

Kristoff var Ruthern pop opens the newspaper, his eyes scanning it. “Very well done, though my names not Kristoffer.” He chuckled at the misprint before continuing reading.

"Basically the same thing" Sybille called over to the Amiratus with a grin on her face as she read through her own copy of the newspaper, seemingly most interested in the mention of her children's party.

4 minutes ago, Imperium said:

The author wasn't sure how she had added TWO extra letters to the name- perhaps she could blame one of her younger siblings. That's what they are there for, right?

Dhen read on, having accidentally torn a bit of its own copy when flipping through the pages. The thing was impressed at the quality and ease on the eyes of the reader “I must reach out to this Cosima the print smith.”

Aleksey de Knowles reads the paper with an interest, scanning over word of all the recent events. He tucks it into his bag after a while to bring to his twin.