LoTC MA/CA/FAs in DnD 5E

Proddy

Inspired by a few recent threads I've seen related to LoTC and DND as well as deciding to replay through BG3 again recently, I decided to make this thread for a bit of fun hypothesizing. Mainly - what would a build in Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition based around LOTC magics/creatures/feats look like? Feel free to comment below your ideas - it can be based around any existing FA/CA/MA or even something that was shelved or denied.

Here's a few of my ideas. I should note that I'm not an DND expert nor am I an LOTC lore expert, I picked a lot of these out based around theming and my base knowledge of spells and mechanics you can acquire with each class:

Paladins, Druids and Clerics - Exactly what it says on the tin. Devotion Paladin for the closest representation of Xannite Paladins (though Vengeance could easily work), Life or Light Domain for Tahariae and Circle of the Land or Moon for Aspectist Druids.

Seers - A multiclass of Great Old One Warlock and Divination Wizard.

Templars - I'd mostly go straight Paladin for this with a dip into Cleric or Divine Soul Sorcerer for something like Guiding Bolt to represent White Flame and a level dip into Barbarian for the Touch of Jophael berserker rage.

Mystics - College of Spirits Bard.

Azdrazi - Tempted to say Dragonborn Draconic Sorcerer for the theming/flavour alone though this probably isn't fully accurate, I don't know Azdrazi lore very well.

Voidal Magics - 90% Wizard. Predominantly Evocation Wizard for fire, water, wind and air evo. The only exception to this I'd say is Arcane Scion which aligns better with Eldritch Knight Fighter.

Alchemy and Animii - Battlesmith Artificer for Animii to get your automaton companion. Alchemist Artificer is self-explainatory.

Frost Witch - Evocation Wizard focusing on ice-related spells.

Necromancers - Necromancy Wizard.

Naztherak - Fiend Warlock with Pact of the Chain for summons.

Blood Magic - None of the main classes can really accurately represent it. Blood Hunter has the theme of hemocraft down but it is homebrew.

Thalassos - Fathomless Warlock

Demi-Djinn - Not an actual Demi-Djinn, but Genie Warlock for a character who's pacted with one is perfect.

Kani - Open Hand Monk.

35 minutes ago, Proddy said:

Seers - A multiclass of Great Old One Warlock and Divination Wizard.

seers is mystic UA class, read through it and you'll realize how correct i am

Shamans are definitely warlocks, we literally make Pacts in order to use the magic; subclass depends on the Spirit and their domain

42 minutes ago, Proddy said:

Frost Witch - Evocation Wizard focusing on ice-related spells.

Or you can go Pyromancy Sorcerer and change it to ice spells and damage

44 minutes ago, Proddy said:

Templars - I'd mostly go straight Paladin for this with a dip into Cleric or Divine Soul Sorcerer for something like Guiding Bolt to represent White Flame and a level dip into Barbarian for the Touch of Jophael berserker rage.

My answer to this last time I was asked was Oath of Conquest or Oath of Glory Paladin. There's a case to be made for Oath of Vengeance as well in some cases.

Scions could also be made bladesinger wizards- this is what I planned to build when someone was planning a LOTC dnd campaign. 

Voidstalkers I'd argue could go into sorceror aberrant mind or great old one warlock multiclass.

Artificers could potentially spec into clockwork soul.

Mystics could also fit into death domain cleric. [Spirit guardians fits well with tyking]- at least for casters. Blades would probably be hexblade warlock, or an oathbreaker paladin.

Azdrazi are a difficult one. While draconic sorc does work, I could also see them going into  way of the ascendant dragon. 

Shamans would 100% fit more into ancestral guardian barb or maybe wild magic- they could also potentially take a dip into cleric as a multiclass- celestial warlock might even work for witchdoctors.

Necros could probably also go for undead patron on warlock- I could perhaps see them going death domain or undying domain cleric, maybe [at an extreme push] shadow sorcery. 

Templars are 100% zealot barbarians and nobody can convince me otherwise- potential fighter battlemaster multiclass. 

Paladins are a weird cleric-paladin hybrid

Druids are a weird one. Wild-shaping is commonly locked behind an exclusive feat on LOTC, so I'd go as far to justify them being fey-pacted warlocks, nature domain clerics or even dipping into the ranger class.

Some feats are harder to justify.

Alchemy, proficiency in alchemy-related tools and prof in medicine and nature checks with maybe a slight bonus to sleight of hand.

Herald of Azdromoth, give them the returning weapon spells + green flame blade.

Keepers of Xan get the Divinely Favoured feat.

Corcitura get dhampir stats.

Any sort of construct making should grant access to find familiar, perhaps allowing creatures to be made with a challenge rating that scales with 1/2 their prof bonus.

Feat-level seer gets blindsight but only with a 20ft radius.

Veilwatchers should get access to detect magic as a ritual + augury when it comes to void related happenings.

Arcane Displacement gets maybe Scion of the Outer Planes feat or the planar wanderer feat.

CAs

Liches and Wights- immun. to necrotic dmg, vuln. to radiant damage + force [Only thing I could thing of that came close to voidal]

Frost Witches- Immun. to cold damage, resist to slashing dmg, vuln to bludgeoning and fire damage. 

Azdrazi - Immun. to fire damage, vuln to cold + radiant.

Treelords- Immun. to poison, resistant to acid, vuln. to fire + necrotic.

Constructs- Dispel magic or any similar spell deals 1d8 force damage, [scales with caster level of attacker + 1d8 per milestone] and they must make a con save against the caster's spell DC, on a failed save, they get an action, bonus action OR movement and must select only one of the three on their next turn.

1 hour ago, MeteorDragon said:

@UnBaed You were right all along, mystic bard is the only mystic

698efbb24b1afc4bc79e3091d8a60b95.png

11 hours ago, xo31 said:

seers is mystic UA class, read through it and you'll realize how correct i am

Oh so Seers use psionics? And I was wondering if lotc had the psionic system