Maira's Curse

ferdaboy

Petyr Baruch bristled upon reading the letter in its entirety. Yet, rather than to let wroth consume him, the devout boy fell on both knees and held his hands in prayer. "I do nay pray for ye to be on my side, Godani, but for me to be on yours. If it is true, and ye would have me, guide us good canonists to banish these foul demons, for my faithful sister."

Sat within a humid greenhouse, the Duchess of Vidaus would clutch a rose blossom within her palm, a grimace set upon her pale countenance as the screams and cries of the young Maira Baruch rang through her memory. Only a single utterance would be offered upon reading the Ducal missive:

"A thousand pyres."

Viktor Weiss slowly paced within the Brotherhood courtyard, occasionally peering up at passerby’s as he read the letter. Children being cursed; something the BSK could help prevent… The Sergeant sharply turned to enter the officer quarters after reading the letter, intending on sharing it with his peers to gather opinions.

A devil, a distant relation of the Raev people set her eyes on the missive. Mircalla held a hand over her heart and procceeded to light a few candles for the girl that she did not know, "Baalial said this would happen. I laughed... The reality is-" she'd shake her head "Horrible. Poor girl."

A forlorn elf of lavender sat in silence, her head dipped as she gazed over a tranquil pond.  She dipped her finger gently into the water and rose it above, now watching as a droplet fell and sent its soft ripples across the surface.  "How much further shall this spread?" Ilaria rasped to herself.  And something stirred within.

With the new headline finally settled before an old man's desk, his upper lip swerved in mere distaste for such doings. He out of all people knew the calamitous beckoning cursed onto his kin - but to harm a child?

How ridiculous, he concluded.

Somewhere in a forgotten back-alley a blue tinted devil feasts upon a stolen chicken from a nearby farm. Laughter bellowed from the teen as he read the missive, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. Perhaps it was something he misunderstood, or just did not know yet. "Doesn't that mean they need to kill this child too?" - The devil tossed the remaining carcass aside, dismissing himself from his dinner and leaving his mess behind for his eventual hunters to clean up.