Thesis of Purity II

Thesis of Purity II

A Final Address”

Xn7cIpFcPAXxBLgpU_I3GDtzzddljO5B24l534BjcNWpMSC6c_04gZgV1cvYXb8HtFMxImHvwQsRXr4Icsd_kxqSppKVKHYDQeW_CVVDLck28LAfl_meQ1MrSTwIGsWSNIji6sg5W9Xs8kBFsGMabZA
N414n4lS3TCNfmFpMPn0wQ9A6kZRIv7jpGuF5lWJDDzYqTWCgE69X6Glp43ppZmNGYx6YAEQdbB04GDdJurv7msLFQaTaGSPVvgvJg-4WPcXMscExeHW-jzH2qo0pzkCznMcp5-Na-VhDr5cBDbnUIE

Xn7cIpFcPAXxBLgpU_I3GDtzzddljO5B24l534BjcNWpMSC6c_04gZgV1cvYXb8HtFMxImHvwQsRXr4Icsd_kxqSppKVKHYDQeW_CVVDLck28LAfl_meQ1MrSTwIGsWSNIji6sg5W9Xs8kBFsGMabZA

Issued By

_vukxZxC_EUUnLhAaHSLDm7Q5igamtiKKvRdxdEFfbOk3LImbtHG2KOKH-9q3ijyXg035r4X-YZ-9yYePys1uafkn7bY0ATgRG78S7yP_O__aZrsKzuxoRquGbt5MPS_Va84ueTs8NnkCYuxRcZZoSw 

On the 2nd of Amber’s Cold Year 177SA

Blood and Deceit…

A Malaurir has been slain. Bound, kidnapped and later stoned upon the streets by brutes of a foreign nation.

It is no surprise that alternative parties utilised the weakened state of our nation to achieve their twisted ambitions - that is a tale that has been spun many times in the centuries since our birth. Whether it be the clashing blades of mali’ame upon our departure from the realm of malin so many ancient moons ago, to the quarrels of mali’aheral that have seen the rise and fall of blood stained cities. 

We claim purity, we set ourselves apart from the lesser races of the realm with aspirations set by our ancestors. Yet we continue to shed blood so pure and precious. In truth, I wrote my initial document with a passionate fury, ignited by the inadequacy of Theveus Sythaerin - whom I refuse to grant the title of elSohaer any further in my work. I was most certainly accurate in my assumption of a pending storm. Yet now the waves have quelled in size the aftermath leaves more questions: Was it worth the loss?

By slaying Braxus Ni’leya "The Martyr" through the callous hands of Celia’nor savages, who he seemed particularly well acquainted with, as a “gift” Theveus Sythaerin has desecrated our silver laws and thus forsaken his purity. He may choose to deny this, many of you may choose to do so, but one can not deny the stain of blood - for once it mares your hands it is not so easily cleansed. I am perplexed as to why Theveus has sought the involvement of a peoples who have so adamantly sought our destruction. Perhaps that was his ambition, rid the world of our ever persistent presence once the power could no longer be held by himself alone. It is a pity to see him place his trust in traitors who have alternated their allegiances so commonly that their treaties must be written in graphite over the daunting permanence of ink. Or perhaps, his relative Ashwyn Sythaerin failed to mention this course of action to Theveus and even he was clueless to the meddling of other forces. I ask, Theveus, was this the glory you anticipated?

Our council may be rejuvenated with new souls, prepared to take the mantle and strive forth in their endeavour for self-proclaimed prosperity. Yet the shadow of the past haunts these figures and their ardent attempts. Such sudden power is both questionable and foul, the tenets of democracy have been broken. Your positions are a fallacy for you do not rule Haelun’or - merely remnants, fractures, splinters of a peoples ever desperate for peace and lead astray by souls bound to greed.

It is not my desire to tell you what you know, dear reader, nor conform your ideals and beliefs to my own. In fact, I feel I do not need to, for my ambitions have been as any other mali’thill: To see the prosperity, progress and peace that our kin have craved for millennia. At times I have seen such a concept, in fractions and mere glimpses. I saw them in the signing for treaties penned by Lutherien Maery’onn, I saw them in the publication of documents grand and small by the office of Okarir’mali and Okarir’maehr, in the dice thrown of my infant son when surrounded by my brother and sister in arms and the bountiful laughter that followed.

I shall smile fondly upon those memories knowing I have lived, loved and lost without regret. Haelun’or as I once knew it, as I hope the history books will recall it, shall remain a fond memory. However, it no longer persists to this day, it has withered. I may never see my tenure as Sohaer. I find such a concept highly unlikely given the present climate and historical cycle - yet I may prosper in peace, safe in the knowledge that my purity has not been tarnished. Blood has not stained my hands and greed is vanquished from my heart. I leave no grand legacy, I leave something far greater: The Truth.

I ask you: Theveus Sythaerin, your kin, the pretenders and traitors. Can you say the same?

I take my leave of this “tarnished empire”, as Malaurir Seth Calith and a great many mali’thill have before me.

Kaean'leh Thilln Chul'okarae

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya

Signed,

Eistalyn OtheluMaehr

A Once Blessed Citizen of the Silver State of Haelun’or

_vukxZxC_EUUnLhAaHSLDm7Q5igamtiKKvRdxdEFfbOk3LImbtHG2KOKH-9q3ijyXg035r4X-YZ-9yYePys1uafkn7bY0ATgRG78S7yP_O__aZrsKzuxoRquGbt5MPS_Va84ueTs8NnkCYuxRcZZoSw

ne619MmCdzVHbeF7QaFfuC7N5wB-UtjvNpNffh_UwxrlIJhaAKOrwO6Tq9OQ0Td7TBlw7DqV-pRmq-h4FX2YXH9FzUksYPohld0cK8vB7ONPKaeZ8QqMCc53_7MDWm0cgaVDJfXw8YUdEBq6YFTgxOI