The Hohkmat-Lurin Pact of 1976

The Hohkmat-Lurin Pact of 1976

Issued 3rd of the First Seed

sZzEqEqssC2fmkmfQlJMDQAEGRTDne2hrquNrXw5kuKDxZXkw37PjkjkOOpZBcjfnSY9kUrrG8V0FL41SMN8H6a4eOK8JJt896kPYbQxtdCN3kNs_TsBY9PTFRU1tm4GVPKk6NTBFSHBFYb4vqy4hj0WqHtWqe1QOWtkyfyZhqo48H4p65R9yBsatUCQYR1WKKOpEeegS_A0K_rHu4Klf1z5rG9thQAvWZJIxYPK_LEZ9MhbnF0P4avZl9gRGg2dTsu8H-zA7QCyf9VvQ3Abdo9BhWk8lJz4Wfj91Fd4gbA2w

CONTENTS:

ARTICLE I: Recognition

ARTICLE II: Non-Aggression

ARTICLE III: Cooperation & Apostasy

ARTICLE IV: Cultural Exchange

ARTICLE V: Extradition

ARTICLE VI: Duration & Termination

TU705rktMeLhPn3NPiAAlKgKRyXJWVaaCD_NDmS3mbsoO4Gleyh4FsGLhiTYGuytjbemS0MTqghwE8yoxAoc1KgP8sLTth1ee23XjbsF3ZL8Wtz8D-MRJXTNrrLfRVfpIfZXCYQHinpraIfY_cKRuA

ARTICLE I: Recognition

I. The Academy of Hohkmat acknowledges the sovereignty of the Most Serene State of Lurin, and their right to govern their lands. Inversely, the Most Serene State of Lurin acknowledges The Academy of Hohkmat’s sovereignty, and their right to govern their lands.

TU705rktMeLhPn3NPiAAlKgKRyXJWVaaCD_NDmS3mbsoO4Gleyh4FsGLhiTYGuytjbemS0MTqghwE8yoxAoc1KgP8sLTth1ee23XjbsF3ZL8Wtz8D-MRJXTNrrLfRVfpIfZXCYQHinpraIfY_cKRuA
ARTICLE II: Non-Aggression

I. The Academy of Hohkmat and the Most Serene State of Lurin (henceforth referred to as ‘the signatories’) pledge to each other to adhere to principles of peace between each other. They shall not wage war upon one another, nor shall they raise arms against one another, or try to bring harm to the integrity of one another’s realms.

II. This includes but is not limited to: supporting mercenaries and/or bandits in attacks against a signatory; making claims about a signatory with the intent to ruin the reputation of its culture, people, or leadership; and using the well-intentioned articles of this pact to disadvantage another signatory.

ARTICLE III: Cooperation & Apostasy

I. Both signatories agree to aid each other in their struggles against darkspawn and rogue magi, rallying troops when a threat becomes apparent. In the event that the aggressor against either state is a nation or territory, and that same nation or territory is mutually agreed to currently being led by a rogue magus or allies to the same - this clause remains in effect. This does not obligate either signatory to otherwise participate in each other's conflicts unrelated to this clause.

II. The signatories shall share intelligence related to rogue & apostate magi and Voidal anomalies between each other.

III. Citizens of Lurin and Hohkmat may receive protection within Hohkmat or Lurin from any threat to their persons and claim ‘safe harborage’ within the lands of either State - provided they do not otherwise violate the rules of this pact.

ARTICLE IV: Cultural Exchange

I. The signatories agree to allow free passage of their respective citizenries between both states. 

II. Both signatories will receive a tax-free market stall of their choice in the other’s territory, which will remain untaxed unless the agreement is found to be terminated.

III. Each signatory will announce to their citizens when a class is being held in the other signatory. This requires that the signatory holding the class informs the other signatory of its date and location. In addition to this, once per elven month, each signatory will be able to advertise a non-academic event in the other signatory. 

ARTICLE V: Extradition

I. Neither signatory shall harbor criminals accused, with evidence, of crimes committed within the other signatory’s lands. This does not, however, obligate either state to extradite criminals of the other signatory; merely to expel them from their lands. 

II. Each signatory is permitted to punish crimes committed in their states as they see fit, regardless of the citizenship of the criminal. These rulings will not be contested. 

ARTICLE VI: Duration & Termination

I. This agreement will go into effect immediately upon signing, and will last until one of the two parties chooses to break the agreement, requiring a year of advance notice before the pact is terminated.

SO KNOWN

TaGqAz97mA1osyhy_4y6LAWVUx0P6ezj-Q3roucti4lfYIddaIj7iWwjYJ4TUVAWAkuNUaKEX_5ROGmauwDL9DFtFhn8Dmsr4EbIo8et1Oj1puetWw-5Lnc8WK9GZj4mq529AXwH_WardXmywEyxpA

GRAND-MAGISTER, Sorceress-Queen, Hierophant of the Mysteries,

Mistress of the Ziggurat of Hohkmat

iW1hZLL3g5iaO_7V0ooDZIdlH_40EdPWFyL0CGvaXVN_8ro0f3NQz9wJ6__vI9ttZ9czT0-0B_qngH3BmZsVVQQ1h7-bWTLdM_dInEGYakLv3rAYq1t-3-b1NhJGRW9dxNDpsS0uhLl35C_2npbZCQ
Lumia Uialben

The Silver Lubba of the Most Serene State of Lurin, Matron of House Uialben, Heiress of House Anarion, Protector of the Whispering Isles 

"An excellent treaty, and an improvement of the Jadogar."

An old Lurinite, now Hohkmati, was most pleased with the treaty and the way the meeting was conducted. She smiled.

"Peaceful, prosperous years to come." She hoped.