TO THE COMEDY YOU IMPOSE

jWqg6yrWJmP7MbmTahCv1WeFSvexnqydYO4wTx_fKam4zIAtM53K1SrSnV_8VgCjNDkqWpiaQalWAeRjBbXyLIVj-uJ9OjcONyLUR25RF60Dh1KUQc_cyrZH0ULeI2cxv79sB7TE8OyrLbRBCNa6B9E

–════ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ════–

Know that I understand my words here could be better reflected and approached personally. But I have never been known to, and have never wanted to, do better to those who would not do as much to me; So I will meet others where they are, without conversation, on a public forum.

Balance is described as all things being in equilibrium and harmonic comportance. Balance thrives when give and take, light and darkness, life and death, are in equal measure. From Balance and dedicated to Balance, rises Order, found when all constituent parts of something are in complete agreement.

Given that all Druids or Aspect-devout people know well the meaning of balance and order, I beg the reader to imagine my vivid surprise when I beheld a publication regarding the behavior of Creeds, and the new laws by which they mean to govern us, all without a word spoken to me, or several other Heralds who are newly beholden to these rules. Rules which I understand to have, by technicality, been erected by Prophets Awaiti and Valor in an era bygone, rules which have over time withered away and been replaced by new traditions, new ways.

This lack of conversation I find to be startling, but above all, comical, given that the codified laws that they mean to instate are given the moniker of The Creed Pact. A resurrected concept of old which, by the time I write this, seems to have been decided on by only two. Certainly The Ichor Way, the most populous Creed, and one half of the originally made pact, ought to have been brought into the conversation, in addition to the Ways of The Sage, and the Sanguine Fire; The latter of which, I observe, to be second in terms of greatest following.

Unfortunately, I am unsurprised. This is not the first time my sister in duty has overreached and attempted to implant her assumed authority over the order and those affiliated with our faith and goal.

–════ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ════–

To the rules and considerations themselves,

My distaste primarily lies in the principle of the thing, rather than the specific laws you have written. Overall, I would be more amenable to these rules, if they were not re-imposed without conference. However, I do take umbrage with how you’ve represented my Creed, originally professed by the Prophet Valor Caerme’onn- that which I have written, re-written, taught, and spread farther and better than the hands who wrote the publication I am responding to. It shows how little attention you have paid to my work and my progress, and it is insulting. Granted, I suppose writing the Ichor Way as you did suits your sensibilities, and your desire for Creeds to be as dissimilar as possible.

And I much doubt you’ve spoken to members of the Sanguine Fire, or the Sage way, in regards to the descriptions you wrote of them. I am sure Heralds would have been willing to contribute their own writing and descriptions to this project- or at least would have been willing to be consulted over the information you use to describe us.

My final word on the matter is this, wayward Sisters, my advice;

Stop reaching. Focus on something that matters. Your last three, greatest endeavors in the name of auld Mother and Father are summed up as this; Planting trees for mages, and two failed attempts at imposing your authority.

Foster new growth. I am not the only one who has noticed and grown far-tired of your obsession over the late Oracle Awaiti Sirame, may she rest. You exult yourselves at every given opportunity, never failing to mention how you were her contemporaries. You are not the only one. The disregard you have for the present and future are appalling.

I am regarded as one of the more stubborn, traditional men of our faith, and even I know this is a bridge too far.

- THE BUZZARD.

The slayer of that Awaiti Sirame still lurked; holding onto that decayed body, somewhere, within the old relics she kept from her days of soul-weaving. Still, she had no idea of her victim's significance, and perhaps, never might learn. That wicked, old woman went back into her hibernation.

Spoiler

It took much thought for a Prisgoth to pinpoint whom Buzzard wrote about - yet upon mention of thee Awaiti, his struggles were no more. Despite having no involvement with Creeds, nor planning to, he reminded himself to keep a close eye onto the titled Heralds; hungry for drama, as one is. 

[!] Fingers grasped the contents as it came to the Sanguine Herald, eyes flickering over each word with a subtle nod of her horned head. "These words are spoken true, I grant my utmost respect for someone besides myself willing to speak out. My creed will follow no such laws of 'The Creed Pact', our ways cannot be changed on a whim." The elfess hummed "Well spoken Brother."

The publications of the various works by her fellow kin reached the Fawn Druid from the confines of her abode within the Watcher's Roost. Curiosity indeed peaked at such, given she, herself being a Herald of the Sage, yet found this news to her. More so then with her Brother's missive that she now sees some communication was not passed. "O-..oh dear. I remember the original writings. But while I respect Ms. Sun's viewpoint, I simply will continue following the teachings of the Sage as I was taught. Which my cousin actually told me about the conflict of the original works and this path before. Given he was not an elf." she would softly murmur towards Zaelyn. 

The Fox, a dual Herald of both Sage and Ichor, was utterly perplexed as she received her fellow Herald's missive. 

"Creeds? Pact? Where? I have seen no such publication ... Hrm."

The Elder grew concerned then, her brows furrowing.

A sunlit elfess would sigh upon finding such a letter, shaking her head as she penned a response,

"Aspectism has been lost, for quite a time. Remnants of its practices remain, mostly in the form of Mani worshipping through the Wild Faith instead, but I am loyal to the sole religion I was raised on - just as you are devoutly loyal to your Mani, and your Creed. Our ancestors would be weeping, if they saw us attacking and slandering one another with such false accusations.

All of the information provided in these new writings by both Lady Illynora and myself, Avyndriel, is information we have gathered solely from historical documents. We have not changed, attempted to not erase, and instead regathered hundreds of documents into single articles to better centralise and revive the lost faith that we two elder Mali are so fond and loyal to. This includes the Creed Pact.

By no means are your Creeds required to follow such rules. We will simply, personally, deem them invalid Creeds, as the Creed Pact written by the Prophet of your own Creed dictated alongside Awaiti so long ago. We acknowledge that eras come and go, and so do the traditions - hence the adjustment to the rule on only elves being allowed to hold a valid oath. However, such rules can easily be amended for the modern era. A summit need only be called, for a peaceful discussion.

The accusations regarding my attempt to 'control' are incredibly hurtful, and wildly inaccurate. Aspectism and the Druidic Order are not co-dependent, and my work as a historian in these articles has nothing to do with the Order. Restoring the religion that I love, and seeking to spread it as it once was, is not an attempt at control.

The tenets I wished to restore for the Druidic Order have always existed, and the version that I brought forth at the last Druidic Moot were actually discussed and written by a collection of Archdruii and elder Druii from various circles. I was merely the one who spoke at the Moot. It was not some sole attempt to claim authority by installing rules I, myself, would be subject to the same as any other Druid.

Lady Illynora and myself will continue our work as historians and devout Aspectists. The purpose of our work is to revive our lost faith as it was. Of course, we are always open to discussion and adjustment for the modern age, and by no means are we the primary authority on a religion that was once so widely spread and upheld by our peoples. We are simply two elder Mali who lived through the prime era of this faith, and wish to restore its worship.

I was once close friends with the Buzzard, though it seems he seeks to only plaster my name with false accusations and slander since his reattunement. I do not know what has brought forth this change, and at no point has he ever attempted to seek me out and speak with me regarding his concerns, to gain an understanding of my perspective and actions. I once sought him out, seeking knowledge upon his unattunement from himself directly before I formed a final judgement. It is upsetting that he has consistently refused to grant me the same opportunity.

In conclusion, these Articles are simply restorations of a lost religion, drawing solely upon historical documents. We will always be open to discussion and revision, and even others seeking to contribute to such work, but seeking to tear our work down through the use of slander and disparaging our reputations is an incredibly poor way to seek progress."