PONTIFICAL RESCRIPT - ON THE EASTERN WAR

Brother Ninnias praises tha Lord for gifting Canonism such a wise and cool High Pontiff

Mika Anarion pinches his nose as he reads the missive "I don't know why the alliance keeps persisting on canonist aid, this is not a matter of faith in the slightest." and with such he sighed, seeing little use in including faith in diplomacy when that is exactly the one thing not in common with these potential allies.

"One can always trust an Ork to be an Ork, but the pagan will drape himself in one hundred deceitful disguises groveling for help and understanding. The one hundred and first will deliver a knife into your back," wrote Jean Cardinal St. Godwin in reply to the Pontiff's wise response.

"I cannot blame the Pontiff for such an opinion. There is so much to read, in so little time." Lothair flicked the bottom corner of the pontifical letter, letting the sound ring in his ears...
"Before, I took it as obvious that the construction of Holy Sites was different from the establishing of a full canonist state. But if the Church will not have regard for the pilgrims travelling throughout the eastern territories, We must implore GOD himself for defense of the world's cooperation... he will know his own."

Lothair knelt beside his bed in prayer, 'may the Lord open their eyes, and blunt their tusks. Let men of virtue shun neutrality against evil, and take more respect to diplomacy. Amen'

Just now, Lomiei said:

"I cannot blame the Pontiff for such an opinion. There is so much to read, in so little time." Lothair flicked the bottom corner of the pontifical letter, letting the sound ring in his ears...
"Before, I took it as obvious that the construction of Holy Sites was different from the establishing of a full canonist state. But if the Church will not have regard for the pilgrims travelling throughout the eastern territories, We must implore GOD himself for defense of the world's cooperation... he will know his own."

Lothair knelt beside his bed in prayer, 'may the Lord open their eyes, and blunt their tusks. Let men of virtue shun neutrality against evil, and take more respect to diplomacy. Amen'

Cardinal Frantzisko enters the High Pontiff's room. "But Lord Pontiff, what about the Canonist Pilgrims in the Eastern Lands? Don't you think that the Pagans in Vikela will use the possibility of Pilgrimage routes being compromised as Anti-Church propaganda?" The Cardinal asked the High Pontiff.

Caius I lazily turned towards his Cardinal. "What of them? The Orcs know better than to attack our people and lands. What are they going to do? We are not aggressors onto them. Their objective is to attack the Vikelan Pagans. If they wished to attack Pilgrims, and attack Church Land, why would the Brother Krug bow down to the peace demands I have made onto them which prevents such attacks from occuring?" Caius kvetched to his Brother-Cardinal, lazily dismissing the suggestion aside. "Whoever mentions the pilgrims is only mentioning it for its propaganda value, while also knowing full well that our pilgrims will go unassailed by the Brother Krug. Psch."

"War. How savage this is, over something so humanly natural for the age we're in. Unlike the high nobility, they refuse to find an agreement and advance to war." Enkan laid his back on the bed, sighing as he stared at the stone ceiling. "The blood... who's going to clean it?"

The bed ridden duke of Brabant coughed and wheezed, a servant brought him the various letters that came out. "Ah... Caius is wise..." Cough cough. "I will have a word with Lothair" He sighed and pinched his brow, reaching over to take a medicinal tonic before sending for the diplomat to be summoned.

Sitting in his desk, a certain Cheif Justice would read the Arch Diplomat's missive and then the Pontiff's missive and after having done so he would sigh. "Godan be, vhat vas Lothair und Marjorie zhinking writing such ein missive vithout zhe permission of zhe Duke or zhe Ducal heir? May zhis get resolved peacefully so zhat ve may have our roads safe und peace restored in zhe courts, in our lands, and in our church once more!"

And yet, "V'llaire's" goal has been accomplished.

Confirmation.

The church will not interfere one way or the other.

The unnamed human behind Jonathan's identity can rest easy knowing that the Canonists will not intervene for the sake of anyone. 

It is best this way.