The Master Thieves Guild

Haldon

((Could I attempt to join the guild fully in game RP, or do I have to make an app? Either way is fine, I just prefer full RP, but I have no problem making an app also.))

((We rely on an Application system as a precursor to joining in full RP, the App is only the first step.))

[Questions]

MC Name:

Colaone1

il.sam.il

Why do you want to join?

I've been roleplaying as a thief for a few months now, I've worked in a group of two for most of it, I would like to be a part of a big group of like minded thieves, who strive for one goal and work together to achieve that goal.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?

I've been roleplaying on LOTC for a little more than a year now and have enjoyed it, I have made this character to roleplay with a different motive instead of a soldier hell bent on glory, or a farmer that just wants to work in peace.

In the time I’ve been roleplaying this character as a thief, no one has ever complained about my roleplaying skills, many have told me that they enjoyed it.

I don’t always get away with stealing or banditry, because it sparks more rp when you get caught, having to either attempt to escape the scene, or getting sent to a jail and trying to kick the door in, I’ve found that winning isn’t always the funnest way to roleplay, because if you for example get away with robbing a house, that’s great and all, but the most likely thing you’re going to do afterwards is rob another house, or mug someone on the streets, if you get caught it can lead to better roleplay.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc)

What’s vital in RP is to have an understanding of what you can do and what you can’t do, overall RP fights would be better to do than MC fights, but it always depends on the situation and how many people are participating.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal

form by the Guild, do you understand this?

I completely understand this

[Character Questions]

RP name:

Adam Calden

Biography:

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/83713-adam-caldens-1st-va-64-references/#entry722488

Personality:

Adam is a cunning and charming young man. He’s a likeable person, liking to be the centre of attention, though, he can, on the off time, be a bit too trustworthy, often leading to him with an empty pocket or in a dark and rat infested cell.

Motives:

Adam is driven mostly by thrill and minas, he never likes to be bored, often gambling, stealing, or doing something else a normal person would think twice about.

Adam gambles, and every time he gets money, he puts most, if not all of it down, his gambling problem leads to him needing more money.
Adam is also driven by desire of fame, wanting to be someone who has a reputation, being a man who women want to be with, and men want to be.

Aspirations:

Since Adam first heard of notorious thieves, he lost all interests in knights in shining armour, wanting to become an infamous thief, who is loved and hated by many.

Adam wishes to get famous, or die trying, not being someone who kills anyone who sees him in the act, hoping that the individual will spread the rumor.

Adam is very fond of nicknames, like Red Scar and Prince, hoping that one day he’ll get a nickname for his crimes.

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

Adam walks towards the stall, stopping to see several poorly dressed children playing a game of guards and thieves. Checking his pockets, he finds ten minas. He walks towards one of the children, saying. “Hey, youngling, you want to earn some money?” The child stops and looks at Adam and says. “Yes please sir.” In a quiet, shy voice.
Adam replies with. “Alright then, I’ve got 10 minas in this pouch here, if you run over there, telling the guards that there are bandits just outside town, all of this will belong to you.”
The boy, oblivious and caring little to what Adam is going to do, nods his head several times, not gazing away from the small leather pouch of minas.

“Alright, come to me in a few minutes, just outside town, after you’ve done this and only after, understand?”
The child continues to nod, paying no attention to what Adam had said.
Adam says. “Alright then, go now.”
The child runs towards the guards near the stall from around a corner, shouting. “There’s a group of bandits just outside the town!”
One of the guards says. “Bandits?! Bring us to them!”
Most of the guards follow the child, some of the others run towards the back gate, making sure the bandits can’t go round.

Adam, seeing his chance walks towards the stall where the merchant is browsing through another merchant’s wares. “Didn’t you hear?!” Says Adam. The merchant replies with. “What?!”. With a worried face. Adam tells him. “Bandits are just outside the city, in masses, they outnumber the guards 2 to 1!” The merchant, with a panicked look on his face, hurries towards his stand, taking all of his stock.

When the man had finished and run off with his merchandise in a sack, Adam strolled towards the unoccupied jewellery stand, whistling happily.
He takes a medium sack from one of his pockets, picking up the most expensive looking jewellery.
Once his sack was full, he walked towards the street, not in much of a hurry.

Not a second later, the guards came back to the market, shouting. “False alarm everyone! False Alarm!”
Adam, with a grin on his face, went to walk away from the market, though he felt a tug on his trousers. He looked down, to see the child.
The child asked silently for the 10 minas, Adam, being stingy as he is, gave the child five, saying to him that it wasn’t worth that much.

The child, with a smile on his face shouted. “Sir, can I have the money for distracting the guards for you?!”
As soon as the child had said that, every guard in the area had their eyes on Adam, they no sooner started walking towards him. Adam, knowing this would most likely end in him being in a cell, or worse, ran for it, towards the sewers, the guards continued pursuit,  until Adam pulled his shirt over his nose and jumped into the sewers, faeces and urine going everywhere.
Adam went out the other side, falling into a lake.

Adam had thrown up in the lake, saying. “Bloody children.” Then wiping his mouth,
swimming off onto land.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

Adam walks over to the guards, with a jolly expression on his face, asking the 5 men. “Why hello there, mind if I can have a pint or two listening to your stories?” The men, drunk and careless give Adam a bottle of Embertree Lager, Adam sits down on a free spot, listening to the conversation, he then says to these drunken men. “Alright, I need a piss, I won’t be a moment.” The men seem careless to him going around the corner of the house.

Adam empties out the bottle, trying to be sober as possible for the job, he then comes back to sit down by the fire, then goes to drink his empty bottle of lager, knowing it was empty, Adam says. “Ah, it seems like I’m a little short on the drink, Have you got a few more bottles?” One of the men looks to his side, not seeing anything, he tells Adam. “Ah, seems not, but Ye can check in the ‘ouse if there’s some spare ale.” Adam, nods then walks to the house, staggering to make out that he’s drunk, he enters the house, going upstairs he looks around for the door with rusty hinges.

He finds it after a moment of looking around, Adam then kicks the door as hard as he can, the door, old and rusty falls off its hinges making a loud bang as it hits the wooden floor, Adam then rushes to the window, shouting to the men. “Sorry, just fell over, hurt my damn head.” He then walks back to the entrance of the room with the scroll in it, hearing the laughter of the men get louder from his comment.

Adam looks around the room, after a second or two he finds a chest without a lock on it, he proceeds to open it, then searches around, looking for the scroll, after a moment of finding old building materials he finds the scroll, dirty and aged, though still readable, Adam doesn’t bother to read it, folding it up carefully then putting it in his pocket, he then walks downstairs normally, then goes outside, he tells the men. “Seems that you bunch of drunkards have taken all of the alcohol.”
The men laugh at the comment, then continue talking loudly among each other, Adam the bows slightly to the men saying. “I thank you for the hospitality, but seeing that there’s no more alcohol and it’s getting quite late, I must leave, I hope to see you lot again another day.

The men nod to Adam, some saying farewell while others go back to drinking.
Adam then walks away, in no rush back to his employer.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

Adam walks over to the man, picking him up, the old man woke up, but before he could shout or pull his dagger out Adam pulls his own knife out, pointing it to the old man’s back, he then whispers to the man. “Go with it or the knife’ll be planted in your back.
The old man doesn’t say anything, being completely silent as Adam puts the old man’s arm over his shoulder.

The travellers wander over to them, one of them asking Adam. “ Need any help with carrying the old man?”. Adam replies with. “No thanks, my granddad just needed some help getting up, he’s not getting any younger.”
The old man with a slightly scared look on his face shakes his head, going along with it.

The travellers none the suspicious walk off, one of them telling Adam. “Be safe, the main road isn’t a place for people to be stopping on.”
Adam nods to the man, saying. “Will do, and you too.”
After a while the travellers are almost no visible, Adam takes the old man’s dagger, then leans down to take the old man’s minas.
The old man, helpless, curses to Adam.

Adam replies back. “Should’ve known better than to rest on a big road.”
Adam walks off, though stops for a while, turning back to say. “Also, don’t be afraid to tell your friends, well the ones that are still alive about this.”

Adam then walks off, the man far behind him not saying another word.

((We will be looking upon all the waiting apps again, for a short amount of time.))

((Application Accepted))

-snip-

The Application

[Questions]

MC Name: ryanheff74

Why do you want to join? My character has been a thief for all his life but longs for others like him. I wish for more rp thievery and more fun rp opportunities.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? Bod, being a child creates fun rp for all because a child thief is hard for some to punish but also creates commotion if caught. Bod also loves to cause chaos, creating fun, and exciting rp opportunities for guards and citizens alike.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) Descriptive emotes, rp fights, then if it is a large scale fight pvp. I also think it is vital to stay cool and deal with trolls, power-gamers and meta-gamers with a level-head.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

Absolutely

[Character Questions]

RP name: ryanheff74

Biography:

Bod has no memory of his parents whatsoever. He was raised in an orphanage until age 5. He wasn't liked there but he managed to get by, but the hard lashings that the orphanage owner gave him molded him into a tough child. He stole bread and water from the kitchen when not supposed too and even snuck out at night to look at the stars. At the age of five the orphanage burned to the ground, no doubt by the owner who hated her job.

Bod roamed the countryside for a bit and ended up following a horse and cart to Salvus. In Salvus he stole books, coins, and food. His only way to knowledge was eavesdropping and reading, about the only thing he had been taught at the orphanage. He the took to pickpocketing, a skill he learne by observing other thieves throughout Salvus. After living in the graveyard, under a bridge, and on the rooftops an opportunity rose for a potential safe haven. The burned down house! Bod skulked into the unstable building, swinging from support to support to an abandoned loft, where for the next year his home would be. Soon enough the house was reconstructed after Bod had dodged guards who tried to remove him, and his safe haven was lost.

One day somebody recognized him as his father. His hopes that his father was an adventurer were crushed because his father was really a careless drunk who left his mother. His mother became depressed and gave her unnamed child to the orphanage where he earned the name Nobody. Currently he has become a smith’s apprentice and draws weapon designs, sells the weapons, and learns to smith smaller weapons. But, in his free-time and at night he dons his hood and begins to steal and cause mischief. He wishes for an opportunity to join other thieves and pursue his dreams but for now while he waits to be noticed he works as a smiths apprentice.

Personality: Bod is very impulsive, he isn't very good at lying but he is cunning, deceptive, and clever.

Motives: Bod loves causing trouble, it delights him to see the stupid guards wobble around in search of a thief who is already gone. Also he needs food, and stealing food is a great way to get it because it also involves risk. He has a great greed for coin, his biggest desire is to become the most infamous thief in all of Anthos.

Aspirations:

Bid wishes to become infamous throughout Anthos. He wants his thief name, The Red Wind, to become a house-hold turn.

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery? Bod approaches the merchant, "Ello sir, these jewels are overpriced, my mentor is selling them much more cheaper."

Merchant: "Where is he?"

Bod tells the man to go to Kastoria, for many jewels are being sold by his mentor. After the merchant leaves on a wild goose chase Bod pretends to trip and knock over the wares and jewels. While picking them up and replacing them Bod slips a ruby necklace into his pocket and slips a diamond ring onto his finger. Now Bod walks out of the city, satisfied with his work.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery? Bod knocks on the door yelling, "Orcs! There are Orcs down the trail harassing my family!", Bod slips into the bushes beside the house as the drunk, confused, battle hungry, men run down the path into the night. One man, passed out from drinking, was forgotten. Bod can't wake him up so he scrambles to the top of the roof. Slowly he flips upside down into the hole and begins to climb upside down towards the box. The box is carelessly left unlocked so Bod doesn't need to use his lock picks. He then drops stealthily to the grous but in the process the floor-board squeaks! The man begins to stir and his eyes burst open. Bod slips under the table and waits for the man to leave or fall asleep again. The man seems very worried that his friends are gone and bursts out of the house in search of them. Now Bod stands upright, opens the chest, an retrieves the scroll. He slips it in his deer skin pack. Bod walks out the door, left open by the drunk and disappears into the forest.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

Bod sits back in a bush, waiting for the other group to pass by. Thankfully they only acknowledge the resting man but he stays laying by the tree drifting off to sleep. Bod slowly approaches the tree and sits in a bush barely a meter away. He takes out his slingshot, and slips a rock into it. Bod then lets a rock fly across ye road, slamming into a tree. The man stands up, forgetting his pouch and begins walking towards the other tree. Bod quickly snatches up the pack and walks off casually. Now he nears a concealed position and counts the coin, food, and items in the bag.