The Master Thieves Guild

Haldon

The Master Theives Guild

master10.png

The application is now out! If you would like to apply to be a member of the guild please fill out the application at the bottom of this post and submit it on this thread.

Guild Lore

The guild lore and story is still currently being written up.

The story will be updated constantly with any important events to do with the guild and it's members.

Part 1. The Beginning

There were once seven thieves walking the lands together. They were brothers, sisters and children of chaos. Untouchable by the law, and only caring for the riches and pleasures in life.

They travelled for years and years all across the lands, plundering and taking everything they could carry, sometimes leaving nothing behind.

Their riches were great and many, and soon they found themselves in need of a place to rest and stow away their treasures. The eldest of the seven suggested they head back for their own home scattered across the lands, but the youngest then declared that they would be recognized at once and sent straight to the gallows. The group began to bicker and argue, yelling so loud as to alert a nearby group of travelling guards.

The men sprang form the darkness, taking the seven by surprise, and soon they were bound and gagged, watching the guardsmen laugh merrily and congratulate each other for the victory. All hope for them seemed to be lost…. Or so they thought. Out of the blue, the guards dropped dead, arrows embedded in each of their backs. The seven looked around franticly to see a smaller group of men and women, all dressed as they themselves were. Soon their bonds were cut and thanked the other group copiously. Once they were free the eldest asked why they chose to help them. The other group smiled back, and one of them walked forward and put a hand on the eldest’s shoulder. “We are family” He said. “And family take care of each other.”

After this event took place, the seven finally went their separate ways, but not before it was decided that they would leave their mark on the world in the form of a guild, where anyone could join the family.

Most of the seven had blood relatives and friends to return to, but not the youngest. This was the only family that Lily Aldadiir knew, so she elected herself to set it up and spread the word. And so the seven went their separate ways, and now Lily finds herself alone for the first in a long time. With no one to turn to, she sets out on her own.

Part 2. An Unlikely Encounter.

With the undead threat reaching a critical state and the recent overtaking of Al’Khazar, Lily found herself on the same path of all the others with no place to go, to the city of Alras, which to her great pleasure seemed to be bursting with merchants and wealthy folk who would be more than ripe for the picking. After some careful consideration, she decided to settle there for a while, as this town would be the perfect location for a con she had been working on. And with that thought, she begins to plan out her trickery.

After a week of further planning, Lily walked through the city gates once more, confident that this job would bring in a lot of Minas to go toward the creation of the guild.

She walked to the docks then eyed the crowd and smiled as she spied a fair few potential targets. She then strolled confidently up to the first.

For the next few days she pulled many people into her scam. Today was the last day she would be out here however, and then tomorrow she planned to pack up and leave.

Once again she eyed the crowd, her glance skimming across the faces, and finally stopping to stay on one.

Lily squinted at the man. He was athletically built and wearing well-tailored clothing that counted him as a potential target, but the thing that really caught her eye was his mask.

He was speaking with a young child, who looked as if he was lost. After a while, when the two had parted ways, Lily followed him, and decided to confront him when he stopped at an expensive jewel store. A man who could afford those would certainly be an acceptable target. Lily strode over to the man who looked at her quizzically before asking, “May I help you?”

“No,” Lily replied brightly, “But I think I may be able to help you.”

“How so?” he asked amused.

“I have a keen eye, and you look like a man who is out looking for expensive items at a more reasonable price then what you’ll find here,” She gestured toward the sparkling jewels, “which is something I happen to be doing.”

The man looked as if he was loosing interest so she continued on quickly.

“I am a merchant who is selling some very rare alchemy ingredients. First rate stuff too. And for just a small amount of what it would normally cost, I will give you a selection of everything. You can pay me in advance and I will use those Mina to ensure that the cargo is delivered safely. You see it is still currently on its way here by ship.”

Thankfully he seemed to regain interest at this.

“How much would this cost?”

“Only 350 Minas.”

The man thought deeply for a moment then said, “Alright, I will buy some from you.”

“Fantastic! We shall meet here again in a weeks time, for that’s when it should arrive, and I will give you your items.”

He handed over the money then they both went their separate ways for now.

A week later Lysle Rigger arrived at the same place where he was supposed to meet the woman. She had been selling the ingredients at a very cheap price for what they were really worth, and so buying them from her would almost be theft in it’s own way. He frowned, disappointed that taking them from her wasn’t more of a challenge, but no matter, she hadn’t given any information away regarding the whereabouts of the items to be delivered, so he would just have to pay for them.

Lysle patiently waited for her to return, but when she did not, he began to grow suspicious. He returned there for the next few days, in case she was help up in her journey, but still she did not show. On the fifth day, he realized what had happened, and cursed the deceptive woman. Lysle then left Alras angrily, not returning for another month, but when he did return, he saw a familiar face in the crowd.

Lily walked through the streets of Alras quickly, searching for her prize all the while unaware of her follower. She sighed relieved when she saw what she was looking for, and picked up a small necklace off the ground. “There you are..” she said quietly, then once again walked away. Lysle followed her to a small park, where she stopped and examined the trinket. Lysle unsheathed his dagger, then walked up behind her, effectively cornering her in.

“Hello again Ma’am”

At the sound of his voice Lily spun around sharply, then backed up at the sight of his blade.

“It’s been well over a week now.”

Lily remained silent trying to think up an excuse, but he had caught her off-guard, and so all she was able to do was stare at him in silence, carefully watching his movements. He was holding the blade threateningly but lazily toward her, and with his other hand he was flipping a coin, over and over in his palm.

“I think I smell a Con-Artist. Why so quiet? Suddenly you lose your tongue when you need it the most?”

Lily finally found her voice, “Well pull a blade on me and you wont find me so co-operative”

“Maybe so, but I find fear is a an effective weapon. I never intended to harm you.”

Lily glanced down at the dagger and then back up at him again, raising a speculative eyebrow. “Your blade says otherwise”

Lysle then sheathed his dagger.

“Thank you”

Lily leaned up against the tree next to her, and began to fiddle with the charm in her hand. “You may be right in your assumption about me, but I also can see that you yourself are not the most noble citizen. So, how about we make a deal? I give you your money back, as well as half of the profits I made from this scam, and you let me walk away from here.”

He considered it for a moment before saying “Deal.”

Lily then unstrapped a coin pouch from her belt and threw it at him lazily. He caught it and tucked it away. “That should cover it.”

“Good, now perhaps we should go our separate ways before a guard shows up.”

Lily stood upright once more “Agreed.”

“Well then, farewell….” He trailed off and looked at her as prompting for a response.

“Lily. And yours?”

“You may call me The Upright Man. Perhaps one day I will explain, but for now, goodbye Lily.”

And with that he turned on his heel and strode away. Lily watched him leave, amused, then she as well disappeared into the night.

Part 3. Partners in Crime.

For the next month, the two did not meet again. Lily spent those days making plans for the guild, however the thrill of the job was calling to her once more. Tired of doing nothing but planning, Lily set out for some more practical work.

It was just turning to dusk in Whispering Isles, as Lysle returned to The Hollow Peach Inn, plotting where was to be his target for tonight. The people around here are well off, and very naive.

As he opened the door to the inn, he was a little surprised to see Lily sitting at a table on the balcony. She had her back to him, and not wanting to be seen here, Lysle turned quietly and walked back out the door. However he was not so lucky.

Almost a week later, a pigeon arrived at the Hollow peach inn. It sat on the gate at the entrance, quietly cooing as Lysle stopped in front of it.

Out of curiosity, he untied the note around its leg and was surprised to see the letter was addressed to The Upright Man. Now frowning, he unrolled the paper to read the message.

“Hello again. If you are interested, meet me at the Laurelin gate today. I would like to discuss a business opportunity with you.

~ Lily”

Lysle folded the note and put it in his pocket. This should be interesting.

Lily sat at the Laurelin gate, high up on an old tree root, humming quietly to herself. When she sent the letter, she wasn’t sure that he would show up, or even if the bird found him. She was sure that it was him she saw in Whispering Isles that day.

A short while later, she heard someone approaching and looked over to see The Upright Man walking casually toward her. “Hello, how are you today?”

Lily smiled and jumped down from the root and replied, “I am well. What about yourself?”

“Well, thank you”

Lily chuckled at the exchange of pleasantries and then beckoned to him to follow her away from the road, and to a more private, and enclosed garden near-by. There, in the most secluded part of the garden, Lily turned to face him. “Here should do”

“Now, what’s this… business opportunity you spoke of?

“Well, judging from our last meeting we can both safely say that neither of us are what you would call model citizens. You must have a good eye if you can catch me in the act, so I propose a partnership of sorts. I’m sure I could use your talents, and I could defiantly help you in your line of work, which I’m sure isn’t even remotely honest…”

Lysle pondered this for a moment. Perhaps a good partnership could become of this meeting.

“What do you say? You scratch my back and I scratch yours?” Lily extended her hand toward him and Lysle grasped and shook it. “Deal. Though I must make it clear that this is a strictly professional relationship, and do not expect for me to give you any information about myself. This is all just a game to me.”

At this Lily laughed, “That’s alright by me, whatever helps to keep you sane. So if I need to contact you, shall I just send you a bird at The Hollow Peach?”

“Aye, I frequent that area”

“Alright then, I shall contact you. I dare say that I might be harder to find.”

Lysle turned and began to walk away “We’ll see about that. Farewell.”

And with that, the two parted ways once more.

Part 4. A Precious Painting

It was almost a year after Lily and Lysle met near Laurelin, before the two made contact again.

A courier approached Lily on The Kings Road one day, and he handed her a letter before rushing off again. Curious, Lily opened the letter and read:

‘I have a proposal to make, come to Whispering Isles, I’ll meet you there.’

She frowned as she folded the note and tucked it away, and then set out in the direction of Whispering Isles.

It did not take long to get there, and once she did, she noticed Lysle, who was standing to the side of the path.

Lysle dragged his thoughts away from his plans when he saw a masked woman approach him casually. “Hello again” she drawled lazily. Lysle looked her up and down. It was a while since they had spoken, and her mask made it difficult to tell, but he was sure this was Lily. “Alright, follow me.” He motioned for her to follow and then after a short walk, lead her over to an old house. He walked around the back to a large window, which he then broke with his elbow, and climbed inside.

Lily climbed in after him, and was surprised to see two others in there already. Both were cloaked and masked, and they seemed to be waiting for The Upright Man’s return.

“Right, we’re all here now. And what will I be calling you two?” He gestured toward the two men.

“I’m Silex for the mission”

“Dunes Walker. Just call me Dune when things heat up though”

Silex looked over at Lily, “And this is?”

The Upright Man glanced over as well “A friend”

Lily looked from Dune to Silex and back again, “I was going to ask you both the same question”

“They’re colleagues, just as we are.” Lysle looked around the room at them, the continued on confidently, “Now that’s enough chit chat, I have an important matter to discuss. I have a scheme I have been working on for quite a while. I plan to break into the King’s vault, and take the only portrait of The Wandering Wizard with me when I go. It should be quite a challenge and why not try the fun?”

Lily looked at him in surprise, but he continued on. “I was hoping we could all work together on this, I already know my way in. Though I need distractions and such.”

There was a moment of silence, then Silex spoke first, “Sounds interesting. I’m in, no second thoughts.”

“Ahh good.” Lysle looked over at Dune who said “I’ve got your back.”

Lysle nodded at him, “But know this, I’m not in it for the Mina, only for the challenge.”

Lily remained silent, and bit down on her bottom lip. He hasn’t revealed any type of plan, and she feared that improvisation might indeed be it. She looked up at Lysle, “Are you sure that you know what you’re doing? That your plan will succeed?”

“Oh there always will be the possibility of defeat, but it’s worth it. ‘Tis all good sport. Now come, I’ll take you to the meeting place of which we will all meet before the heist”

The group followed The Upright Man from the house, and along the Kings Road.

They stopped to the east of Alras near a large tree farm, and Upright turned to face them. “We’ll meet up here, and whatever you think will help us, bring it.”

“Alright. Travel light I assume?” Silex asked

“Aye.”

Lily nods, “Alright.”

“We shall meet here in a day and a half.” Lysle then bowed and pulled a stone from his pocket, turning it in his palm. Now the game begins.

The dwarves attack on Alras seemed to come at the perfect time for the group. In the confusion during the aftermath of the battle, Lysle, Dune and Lily were able to access the keep with the only hindrance being a locked door.

“Damnit.” Lysle exclaimed as the lock-pick broke in two. He pulled out another and tried again, leaving Lily a few moments with her thoughts.

Silex had not shown up at the designated meeting spot on time, so they had gone on without him. And she had introduced herself to Dune, under the Alias of The Red Raven.

Lily looked over as she heard the lock click.

“Here we are.” Upright muttered, “Alright follow me this way.”

They crept through the Keep, with eyes wide open, searching for any signs of trouble. Staircase after staircase they climbed up, until they reached a large crescent-shaped hallway.

“Let’s split up here, look around for any possible entrances.”

Not too long after they had split, Lily heard The Upright Man call out softy “Over here, I think I’ve found it.”

He lead both her and Dune up a flight of stairs and into a large, circular, tower room, and in the middle, was a wooden plaque. Upright walked over to it then touched it. He immediately disappeared. Dune went next, then Lily. As soon as she touched it, it transported her down, into a very grand room, filled with chests that were piled up right to the ceiling. She had to steady herself before falling into a dark pit that lay just before her feet. She stood next to another plaque in the center of a narrow cross, which acted as bridging across the pit

“Hm? What was that?”

Lily jumped at the voice, for it belonged to neither Upright nor Dune. She scurried along the narrow bridge the plaque sat upon, and quickly ducked behind a chest. In the distance she could see a guard walking cautiously along one of the bridges. She looked around her and saw Dune crouching behind a stack of chests, and Upright, who was over the other side of the room, hurrying to find some cover.

The guard walked across the pit and disappeared into the sea of boxes and chests. She and Dune then both hurried away looking for some better cover. Lily then heard the lid of a chest slam shut, and peeked up over a nearby crate only to see the guard looking straight in her direction, she immediately ducked back down again, but it was too late. He strode over, and Lily got ready to make a break for it. A few quiet moments passed, and her ears strained for the sound of his footsteps...

There! He was coming around to the left. Lily quickly moved right, but the damage had been done.

“Aha!” He exclaimed when he saw her dash around. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Dune move and quickly grabbed him from behind. The guard struggled for a moment before yelling “Thieves! There are thieving scum in the vault!” He then broke free and turned to face Dune. “Help! Down in the Vault!”

A few moments later and King Syrio of Alras appeared yelling out to his guards. “Shoot them! Don’t let them escape!”

“Run! Get out of here!” Upright yelled across the room as he made a dash for the plaque, with a covered painting under his arm.

In the confusion, Dune and Lily both made a mad dash toward it and could not be more relieved when they grabbed it, and were swiftly transported back to the tower room.

All three ran to the door and sprinted down the stairs. Upright quickly handed them both an enderpearl before throwing one himself, out a window and across onto a different section of the keeps roof. He was instantly transported across then yelled out, “Throw it!”

They both hurled the pearls across the gap and in a blink of an eye were both transported across.

In less of a hurry now, they made their way down from the roof and into the corridor below.

The Upright Man peered out a nearby window and spotted the bridge that connected the Keep to Alras. “Alright, we go down this way.” And he climbed out the window onto the small ledge outside. Lily hesitated but followed out the window next to it, and Dune climbed onto the same one as Upright. Lily braced herself against the wall, as the ledges were slippery with ice. Upright clutched the painting tightly, took a deep breath and stepped back as far as he could go. Upright moved forward quickly, but just as he was about to jump his feet lost their grip and he slipped on the ice. Dune lunged forward as Upright flew over the edge and grabbed his feet, but in the process, he managed to slip over as well. This left Lily, who hurled herself after Dune, grabbing his leg with one hand, and wrapping the other arm around the window frame, bracing herself from falling.

They were all silent for a moment, but soon Upright began to laugh. “Red, do you think you could swing us forward?”

Lily blinked in astonishment. “What? Why?”

“I could reach the bridge, all I need is some foreword momentum. If you try to swing us both, and Dune, if you throw me at the same time I could reach that bridge.”

Dune nodded “Alright, I don’t see any other choice.”

He was right. She would not be able to pull them up by herself. And if he reached if safely, he could help both of them across. “Fine. Ready?”

He nodded and she cried out as she tried her hardest to swing them backwards, then forwards, back again and then forward for a final swing. Dune then swung Upright as hard as he could, then letting go and sending him flying onto the bridge.

He got up quickly “Alright, same thing again Red, this time Dune try to grab my hands, and I’ll pull you across.”

Once more, Lily swung him as hard as she could a few times before letting go. Upright reached out quickly and grabbed Dune’s arms, pulling him to safety.

Lily sighed with relief once they were both on their feet, and then shook her head at them. “I’m not going to try that jump, I will look for another way down. You both get out of here quick before you are caught.”

Upright nodded, “Alright. I shall expect to see you again soon, do not disappoint me.” And with that they both ran away hurriedly. Lily climbed in from the window and set out searching for an unguarded exit.

After not too long, she was able to slip away unnoticed, and made her escape from the city. As she ran, she began to laugh. It was too long since she had been that thrilled on a job. Perhaps something more could come of this partnership, and maybe he would appreciate the proposition she was now going to make.

General information.

The idea of the Thieves guild is to teach those aspiring the better and more efficient ways of earning money in a dishonest way.

It also is a way of uniting criminals, thieves and bandits together in a way like there never has been before.

The guild collects profits as a whole, and then shares it out evenly ((every week)). The ranks of Apprentice Thief and above are allowed to perform their own jobs without being assigned to do so by the guild Masters and keep all the profits themselves however.

Guild Rules:

1. No stealing form other members of the guild. You are all working for the same goal as a team.

2. Do not do things that your character is not yet permitted to do. I.E. if they are only at the rank of Brigand, then they cannot pull jobs.

3. If you are caught, you must swear not to give away any information about the guild.

4. We work as a team. No one man shows.

Guild Ranking Information.

Normal Ranks:

Master Thief

Master Thief is the highest rank in the guild. The Master Thieves must be knowledgeable in all the arts of thievery, stealth and deception. Their job is to teach the lower ranks the necessary skills needed to become a Master Thief themselves.

They are also in charge of organising all the ranks with the times, places and descriptions of the thieving jobs assigned.

All other ranks answer to the Master Thieves.

Thief

From here on out, you can start doing jobs on your own. Thieves can be assigned work only for themselves or in a group. However, the duty of a thief is they will be assigned to work with an apprentice thief until the apprentice is promoted. That apprentice is their responsibility until that time. Thieves must teach their apprentices how to fine-tune the skills they studied as a Brigand and put them into practical use.

To be promoted to Master thief, you must be known as a good teacher and have an excellent understanding of the different skills and they must be just as excellent when put to practical use.

To be promoted to Courtesan, you must first apply for the special rank before a Master Thief. Then you must devote your studies and attentions toward their ways. If, after a while, you have become very experienced with them, you will be promoted.

To be promoted to Assassin, you must first apply for the special rank before a Master Thief. Then you must devote your studies and attentions toward their ways. After a while you will be tested with an assassination task. If you succeed, you might be promoted, depending on how thorough the work was. If you fail, you will continue your studies until you are given a chance to try again.

To be promoted to Con Artist, you must first apply for the special rank before a Master Thief. Then you must devote your studies and attentions toward their ways. You will be tested by the number of successful cons pulled verses the failures. If the numbers are good, you will be promoted.

Footpad

The Footpads are now allowed to start going on certain jobs. They are the apprentices. Footpads will be under the guidance of a qualified thief who will teach them how to use the skills they studied in practical use. Footpads must follow the directions of their superior, while working on their skills to be promoted.

To rank up to Thief, one will be tested by pulling a solo job. If they succeed, they will be promoted. If not, then they must do another term, length decided by their superior, of study until they will be tested again.

Brigand

The duties of the brigand contain less fieldwork and more study. They must dedicate their time to perfecting the necessary skills required of an apprentice thief. They will get the occasional job to help out with, but most likely just for any back up support

To rank up to Apprentice Thief a Brigand must have a thorough grip on the following skills:

1. Swordsmanship or archery (You may choose one or both)

2. Stealth

3. Deception

Brigands will be tested on these before being promoted

Scout

The Scouts are the lowest rank in the guild. Their main duty is to probe around for information. This ranges from people disobeying the laws of the town to the times and places wealthier people will be travelling either on their own or in small groups. The scouts are the eyes and ears of the guild.

To rank up to Brigand one must provide accurate information and demonstrate that they are capable of stealth and acquiring information efficiently.

Special Ranks:

Courtesan

The courtesans are a special rank that you can apply for once you reach the title of Thief. Courtesans are an exclusively female rank. Instead of using the point of a blade to get their riches, they choose to seduce men, making them fall in love and trust them, then in the end sneaking away, usually with a large bag full of their positions and gifts the men bought for them. ((This is ALL Courtesans are allowed to do. You know what I mean everyone *glares everybody down. Keep it G rated please))

Assassin

Assassin is a special rank that you can apply for once you reach the title of Thief. An Assassin is a hired killer. They will be instructed to kill certain people by the Master thieves, but can also do jobs for separate and independent parties not in our government.

Con Artist

Con Artist is a special rank that you can apply for once you reach the title of Thief. Con artists prey on the naïve by trying to fool them into buying into a scam they have created, relying on the person to show compassion for them. Confidence tricks can range to asking for small donations to fooling a large group of people asking for the ‘new taxes’ to be paid et cetera, et cetera.

The Application

[Questions]

MC Name:

Why do you want to join?

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc)

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

[Character Questions]

RP name:

Biography:

Personality:

Motives:

Aspirations:

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

Guild Related Graphics

Skins

If you would like to join the guild but don't have a skin for your character which helps keep their identity hidden, you can find one here. Just download the skin you would like, then copy your characters face, skintone, eye colour et cetera onto it.

SlSh3.png

nWu6q.png

More coming soon.

Signature

[url="http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/26538-the-master-thieves-guild/"][img=http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/17/05/15/75/master10.png][/url]

Sir... I congratulate you! I do this out of sheer respect for you trying this, as I have, at one time. I hope, and pray this gets off its feet before being shot down, as mine was. People say it wont work due to permission, don't listen, I regret listening. Put all your dedication into it, this is a tremendous idea, and you have my thanks for trying it.

Thank you Angelos, I really appreciate it!

Also, expect an incoming PM in a little while!

EDIT:

I coudn't PM you so I just wrote on your profile.

*claps... Bravo, It was a long read but i held through it. I am not a villain but i wish you the best of luck with your guild and as for the town sounds like a good idea.... Best of luck to you

I really like the idea.

I hope it works.

I was wondering tho will your guild only steal in that town or?

Anyway good luck

Oops, that is a bit unclear isn't it, Thanks for pointing that out.

But no, what I meant by the guild being excusive to the town is that's where the only headquarters base will be. The theiving jobs members will be sent on can take place anywhere in the world.

I am a conman villain already and I am pretty sure I would be pretty good as the Master Banker too!

((Pm it up!! I'll answer any questions))

I didn't think you were accepted yet, but if you were grats.

Wow this guild is really starting to get gooooood :D

Just make sure not to rob the ravens......:D

(you can try, but wont succeed xD)

Haldon, are you becoming a villain in the new world? Or are you building the town OOC or something?

Also, this is a great idea and I will be willing to come by and have a few fights.

Just to let all people intending to jin know: You MUST have a villain app to be even remotly part of this guild. A thief is cosidered a villain.

OH GAWSH! I approved the applications for both the leaders of this guild! Yaaay!