The Master Thieves Guild

Haldon

I remember making the old banner, and well, I don't like it. :I

I decided to make a new one, I believe I still have the blender file if the people in the background need to be changed... :I

14d696ddc7.png

Guild is still actively recruiting but the thread is outdated. Quite a but has changed in terms of ranking but otherwise the app is still current I think.

You could always make a new thread that you are in control of. Just ask for Haldon to give you the format that it is in currently, and you can edit away. ^_^ If you're interested I could always aid you in remaking a better banner such as the one above...

I remember making the old banner, and well, I don't like it. :I

I decided to make a new one, I believe I still have the blender file if the people in the background need to be changed... :I

14d696ddc7.png

You could always make a new thread that you are in control of. Just ask for Haldon to give you the format that it is in currently, and you can edit away. ^_^ If you're interested I could always aid you in remaking a better banner such as the one above...

((What do yeh think we are!?!? A bunch of fairies))

((What do yeh think we are!?!? A bunch of fairies))

((No doubt, problem?))

New banner you just made makes me thinks of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. That sort of arabic dessert font. The diamond and gold color looks great and makes sense since we are all about taking that, but red and black should remain as our guild colors or at least different shades of that. Say, an almost neon red and sharp pitch black, but of course give it dimensions like you have.

Anything to change about the background? It still uses the skins of Pj07 when she was in charge. Also do you have a specific size you want it to be to? I was thinking that one that I made was too tall and not wide enough, but that's just me.

Anything to change about the background? It still uses the skins of Pj07 when she was in charge. Also do you have a specific size you want it to be to? I was thinking that one that I made was too tall and not wide enough, but that's just me.

I prefer to leave Cataris and Haldon in there to keep the "illusion" that they still lead. You are the pro, what you think is best is best.

[Questions]

MC Name: firespirit44

Why do you want to join?

Oh, just looking for a new form of rp.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?

By first and foremost providing myself with good rp, that hopefully will translate in good rp for everyone else.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc)

Common sense. And subtle body languages. Thats all that is needed for immersion. And some humour goes a long way.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

Yes

[Character Questions]

RP name:

Jack

Biography:

A long time has passed, since leaving the icy gates of Hanseti. Seeing things rise and fall, nothing remains permanent in the course of history, and only deeds will mark your presence on this land. My time is about to come, and while I did not get the glory of dying in the same manner of my old comrades. I should make it up to them....

To put it briefly, Jack was a fishermen that became a reporter for the Aegis Times. After several years the newspaper shut down due to presecution from Kind Edmund. He later got involved with a militia group known as the Teutonic Order, bearing the Black Cross. He rose in power, finally killing off its leader Hochmeister Samuel. Unable to live down with the guilt, he fled the city, to travel in solitude alone. I dont want to clog up the app with a long bio that really shouldn't be known unless I tell you in rp.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/22357-firespirit44-basic-villain-app/page__p__99920__fromsearch__1#entry99920

My accepted va for 1, 2a.

Personality:

A very apathetic person, he honestly doesn't care or is fazzed by what others do. Blood and gore he has seen plenty of during his years as a soldier, and Lucas Black taught him it be wise to not ask people who revel about these things about their sanity. Think of him as a dried up old coot that is talkative at the oddest moments.Or when nervous.

Motives:

To leave a mark, to play robin hood. To strike at the things he preceive as a enemy. He will not however ever strike against the Teutonic Order.

Aspirations:

To become rich, to end his life comfortably under a guise.

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

Pulling a brightly coloured scarf from his satchel, I would appear to de a bored salesman, eying him casually. Casually walking up to the marchant to strike a conversation, my eyes dart left and right for any impending guards. I pretend to be a bird specilist, telling him some outrageous lies regarding my pet hawk.

As a somewhat old person, I doubt that any quick grope of my arms would be quick enough not to alert him. I call for some of my friends with a messenger hawk with a short missive in cryptic: Fat one; the place of wares and spice; 2 birdies circling the area; need Quickhand; Wear green; North. I'll steer him towards the North, stalling him as long as I can until I see a handsignal from one of my boys wearing green.

The guards dont seem to particularly notice us, probably having seen tons of merchants getting conned by the traders for a few extra minas. Except this one is gonna lose more than that. I direct him quickly over to the fella in gree. As we walk by, a quick grope later and he dashes in the opposite direction. I yell out "THIEF" and walk in the opposite direction, my partner already on a run from the law. He'll just jump over the wall and run with that young body of his. I'll just stroll casually out the North gate, the sewers there in case the merchant thinks that I'm in league with the thief.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

The Upright Man also never gave me a timeframe. A party is either the worst or best time to commit theft. I would eye them and listen in on their revelry, gaining crucial information of their lifestyle. Is this party going to last more than 2 days? Are any guests well known soldiers? How drunk is drunk? Is the revelry a common occurance here? All factors taken into consideration, I wait til they are at their drunkest and loudest possible behavior. Any later and my footsteps will give me away, even if they seem to be passed out. These are soldiers, trained and hardwared to be light sleepers and quick to their feet. At least while drunk, they aren't so dangerous.

Taking a leap of faith from a nearby roof, I roll to soften the impact, entering the hole. My partner is with me on the lookout for any watchmen, I've got 25 minutes until they show up down the street. A steel pin is produced as I attempt to lockpick the door. Failing, I chisel/break the hinges as silently as possible. At least thats better down kicking the door.

I dont bother lockpicking the chest, that will take too much time. Instead I opt to heave the chest, checking if its light enough to do so. If not, I'll just have to attempt to lock pick it. Upon obtaining the scroll, we dash through the city to the nearest bar, so we wont be suspected as the foreigners who came here to steal and create a alibi.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

The old and elderly alone dont deserve to be robbed, but perhaps this old man might know some nobles whom I may satisfy my lust for shinies. It never hurts to extend some connections either, and two old men talking under a tree sounds pleasent.

[Questions]

MC Name: firespirit44

Why do you want to join?

Oh, just looking for a new form of rp.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?

By first and foremost providing myself with good rp, that hopefully will translate in good rp for everyone else.

Common sense. And subtle body languages. Thats all that is needed for immersion. And some humour goes a long way.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

Yes

[Character Questions]

RP name:

Jack

Biography:

A long time has passed, since leaving the icy gates of Hanseti. Seeing things rise and fall, nothing remains permanent in the course of history, and only deeds will mark your presence on this land. My time is about to come, and while I did not get the glory of dying in the same manner of my old comrades. I should make it up to them....

To put it briefly, Jack was a fishermen that became a reporter for the Aegis Times. After several years the newspaper shut down due to presecution from Kind Edmund. He later got involved with a militia group known as the Teutonic Order, bearing the Black Cross. He rose in power, finally killing off its leader Hochmeister Samuel. Unable to live down with the guilt, he fled the city, to travel in solitude alone. I dont want to clog up the app with a long bio that really shouldn't be known unless I tell you in rp.

http://www.lordofthecraft.net/forum/index.php?/topic/22357-firespirit44-basic-villain-app/page__p__99920__fromsearch__1#entry99920

My accepted va for 1, 2a.

Personality:

A very apathetic person, he honestly doesn't care or is fazzed by what others do. Blood and gore he has seen plenty of during his years as a soldier, and Lucas Black taught him it be wise to not ask people who revel about these things about their sanity. Think of him as a dried up old coot that is talkative at the oddest moments.Or when nervous.

Motives:

To leave a mark, to play robin hood. To strike at the things he preceive as a enemy. He will not however ever strike against the Teutonic Order.

Aspirations:

To become rich, to end his life comfortably under a guise.

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

Pulling a brightly coloured scarf from his satchel, I would appear to de a bored salesman, eying him casually. Casually walking up to the marchant to strike a conversation, my eyes dart left and right for any impending guards. I pretend to be a bird specilist, telling him some outrageous lies regarding my pet hawk.

As a somewhat old person, I doubt that any quick grope of my arms would be quick enough not to alert him. I call for some of my friends with a messenger hawk with a short missive in cryptic: Fat one; the place of wares and spice; 2 birdies circling the area; need Quickhand; Wear green; North. I'll steer him towards the North, stalling him as long as I can until I see a handsignal from one of my boys wearing green.

The guards dont seem to particularly notice us, probably having seen tons of merchants getting conned by the traders for a few extra minas. Except this one is gonna lose more than that. I direct him quickly over to the fella in gree. As we walk by, a quick grope later and he dashes in the opposite direction. I yell out "THIEF" and walk in the opposite direction, my partner already on a run from the law. He'll just jump over the wall and run with that young body of his. I'll just stroll casually out the North gate, the sewers there in case the merchant thinks that I'm in league with the thief.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

The Upright Man also never gave me a timeframe. A party is either the worst or best time to commit theft. I would eye them and listen in on their revelry, gaining crucial information of their lifestyle. Is this party going to last more than 2 days? Are any guests well known soldiers? How drunk is drunk? Is the revelry a common occurance here? All factors taken into consideration, I wait til they are at their drunkest and loudest possible behavior. Any later and my footsteps will give me away, even if they seem to be passed out. These are soldiers, trained and hardwared to be light sleepers and quick to their feet. At least while drunk, they aren't so dangerous.

Taking a leap of faith from a nearby roof, I roll to soften the impact, entering the hole. My partner is with me on the lookout for any watchmen, I've got 25 minutes until they show up down the street. A steel pin is produced as I attempt to lockpick the door. Failing, I chisel/break the hinges as silently as possible. At least thats better down kicking the door.

I dont bother lockpicking the chest, that will take too much time. Instead I opt to heave the chest, checking if its light enough to do so. If not, I'll just have to attempt to lock pick it. Upon obtaining the scroll, we dash through the city to the nearest bar, so we wont be suspected as the foreigners who came here to steal and create a alibi.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

The old and elderly alone dont deserve to be robbed, but perhaps this old man might know some nobles whom I may satisfy my lust for shinies. It never hurts to extend some connections either, and two old men talking under a tree sounds pleasent.

((Welcome to the force. We have had a total reform of the guild though. Specifically ranks and how we govern ourselves. You enter as An Uninformed. Meaning we keep a lot of guild information secret such as main headquarters, vaults, and true identities of members. To rank up the next level, Master Thief, you need to prove your prowess and a bond of trust. Please tell me in a PM your skype name so you can join in on the fun already.))

[Questions]

MC Name: POTATO3

Why do you want to join? I guess I'm hoping to see a change in the rp that I've been experiencing lately.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? By switching up my boring usual character to this different, more active one, my rp would become more fun and I'm sure some people will enjoy crossing paths with my character.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) The ability to clearly state what it is your character is doing while at the same time taking into account what every other character around yours is doing. It's also definitely important to be creative and original for the sake of fun rp.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this? Yerp.

[Character Questions]

RP name: Muryo

Biography:

Well, here I am. Another rotten soul waiting for the day when Asulon meets the same fate as Aegis had. Just another one of those scumbags that I once despised. My parents were never around to teach me better, and the only person who cared for my well being was murdered before my eyes when I was only 10 years old. I hid behind a ditch as I endured my only friend's cries for mercy. Ever since, it has been almost impossible finding people that I could trust, and have only managed to make a handful of 'friends'. I left the criminal infested village the day that my friend died, and have tried to make a living without interfering too much in other people's lives for the past 9 years or so. It was hard, and seemed impossible at times, but I used to overcome that. However these 9 years of being a pathetic rogue who begs for bread every once in a while have changed a lot about me.

After I left my village and was completely alone for the first time, life was tough. I could not wield a sword as good as I had thought, and was too young to find a decent job. Therefore, food was rare and shelter was impossible. I would travel around from city to city, nation to nation, grabbing up whatever I could from wild animals and weak monsters. Everything that I didn't need would be traded for small portions of food and fresh water. Nature was my home. That and free farms. I loved free farms so much, mainly because the people there were just as worthless as me. I almost felt superior at times. Yet at night, when I lay down in other people's tents, or in monster infested caves, I would remember how pathetic I was.

Eventually, after having to protect myself from dangerous creatures for so long, I started to become somewhat skilled with my rusty old blade. I was finally able to start hunting certain creatures that would previously had killed me in a heartbeat. I also made a fishing rod using the remains of my left over junk and managed to catch food for myself. I hated fish, but it ended my hunger and eventually I became quite healthy. After about 8 years of living like this, I finally met someone who helped me out and assisted me as I helped him. His name was Wesley and he is my comrade. I saved his life from a couple of giant spiders once and he re payed me with a huge bundle of wheat. He mentioned how he was a traveler with no specific destination and how much he needed someone like me to protect him, and I knew I could use a farmer to fetch me some food, so we decided to travel together. Eventually, I had made a few more comrades who helped me as I helped them during our travels throughout Asulon.

It was after about a year when we came up to the giant gate that leads to Hanseti. We were in need of work and ended up becoming grunts for the Wolverines at that gate. We each protected the gate to the best of our abilities, and supplied our leaders with resources in return for food, armor, tools, weapons, and shelter. It was going fine for those first few weeks and I was even promoted a couple of times. It was then that I believe I changed. I was becoming strong, and wasn't hungry anymore. I was actually pretty wealthy and felt like an entirely new person. I didn't have to be afraid of anyone any longer, nor did I have to think carefully of what I should do next. I had power and whether I was a Wolverine or not, I had become strong. I can do as I please and not have to worry about someone not feeding me. I no longer knew the meaning of restraint and felt like it was my turn to enjoy my life.I have faced death in the eyes many times, and I have been betrayed by people that I thought I could trust. I've had to fend for myself for most of this time and I've had to get down on my knees and beg for a small meal. All of this showed me how cruel people are, and helped me understand how joyful life can be if you let go of fear, guilt, regret, and all other useless feelings. I have now learned how to embrace who I am and to stop thinking of myself as a 'good' person. The truth of the matter is that I'm not. I've become one of them, and I'm okay with it.

Personality: Reckless, overconfident

Motives: He does what he does simply because he can and feels unstoppable.

Aspirations: -

As Muryo notices the scenario, he takes advantage of the missing merchant and steps closer to the stall. While everyone is busy and he still remains unnoticed, Muryo walks into the stall and begins looting the valuables that he can find which consists of several jewels and a dagger made of diamond. He hides the dagger down by his waist and stuffs all of the other valuables in his pockets. However he is quickly spotted by a merchant about two stalls away who begins yelling out for guards. Muryo quickly unsheathes his blade from his back and leaps over the stalls to the merchant, kicking him in the face. As the merchant falls to the ground, the commotion attracts several people as well as four human guards, all in chain-mail armor, but one who is in diamond. Muryo grunts as he picks up the merchant and presses his sword against his neck.

Muryo - "All of you get out of my damn way or I'll slit his throat right now!"

As some of the people back away, the guards unsheathe their weapons and step in closer. Instinctively, Muryo cuts the man's throat and shoves the bleeding man at two of the guards. As the two guards are shocked and worried about the merchant, Muryo sprints past the third guard and straight at the one in diamond armor, jump-kicking him, bringing them both down to the ground. As they reach the ground, Muryo's sword swings across the market and the guard prepares to attack with his diamond ax. At this moment, Muryo hesitates and flails at the man, pushing and kicking at his arms in attempt to stop him from attacking. As the guard tries to remain focused, Muryo pulls off the guard's helmet and proceeds to slam him in the face with it. Meanwhile, the other guards are approaching and ready to strike from multiple directions. The guard in diamond is bleeding from the face and almost unconscious as Muryo grabs his ax and throws it at one of the other guards. The ax completely misses and the guard runs up to him, swinging a sliver ax horizontally. Muryo ducks under it and kicks him in the chest, knocking him back. From behind, another guard is running and swinging a blade. Muryo quickly pulls out the diamond dagger, parries the blade, and sends a stab to the guard's neck. The stabs hits successfully and the guard falls to the ground bleeding heavily. Muryo is then tackled down to the ground by one of the remaining guards and loses grip of the dagger. The guard kicks the dagger away and spots Muryo's sword on the far side of the market. He kneels in his chain-mail armor over Muryo's legs with an iron ax at hand.

Guard - "Can't save yourself now, scum!" *holds Muryo by the neck and swings his ax.*

Muryo swiftly reaches his right hand behind his back and pulls out his last resort iron dagger from the bottom of his scabbard and stabs the man in the arm as he swings, stopping the hit and causing great damage to his arm. Muryo then releases the dagger and shove the man off of him, dashing as quickly as he could past a guard that was too worried about his comrade to pay much attention to him. Muryo grabs his blade and keeps it at hand as he shoves off any civilians in his way, escaping the area before any more guards can arrive. In the end, Muryo arrives back in his hidden home and counts all of the money he can make from the jewels, at the cost of only an iron dagger.

Muryo takes note that the men are all intoxicated and most likely retired soldiers. He takes about ten steps backwards away from the home and then dashes as rapidly as possible, jumping and kicking through the window. Three of the men quickly stand up, clearly angered and reach for their weapons. One of them grabs and iron sword that was being hung on the wall. Another attempts to grab a dagger from the counter, however seems to be having trouble in doing so. The third simply fell backwards and seems to be unconscious. The other two who are sitting seem to be laughing at the scene, so Muryo quickly shuts one of them up by vertically kicking him in the jaw. He then unsheathes his sword and swings at the armed man, however the blade is parried. The man then swings his own sword at Muryo, however seems to have lost his balance as he tumbles down to the ground. Two of the men are now laughing loudly, two are apparently unconscious, and the last one is struggling to stand. Muryo loses his patience and steps over the man and into the back of the room, searching for the scroll. Once he lays his eyes on the chest, he finds that it is locked. He then goes back to the struggling man who has finally managed to stand, knocks him on the back of the head with the bottom of his blade, and takes a set of keys from him as he is motionless on the ground. Muryo then tries each of the keys on the lock and eventually manages to open it. Inside he finds the scroll which he stuffs into his pocket as he heads out the way he came.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull off this thievery?

Muryo passes by the man and realizes how easy it would be to take his bag. He notices the group of people coming so he decides to be as quick as possible. He pulls out his iron dagger and tries stabbing the sleeping man quietly. The man opens his eyes and tries to stop the attacks however was not strong nor quick enough, and takes a dagger to the neck. As soon as the man's eyes close, Muryo grabs his bag and prepares to run, however as he turns, he sees that the people in the distance are close enough to realize what he just did. He sighs and unsheathes his sword as he runs up to them. As he nears them, he finds that it's a man and two women. The man wielding a sword and the women hiding behind him. Muryo smiles at the man and as soon as he is near enough, he swings his sword at the man. The man parries his blade and swings at Muryo. Muryo dodges the strike, however is caught off balance by one of the women and she pushes him down. The man swings vertically down at Muryo as he is on the ground, yet Muryo stops the blade with his sandal. He then swings his blade at the man's right arm, completely cutting straight through. The arm falls down along with the sword and Muryo jumps up to his feet and headbutts the man in the face. The man falls back shouting and cursing as the women try desperately to aid him. Muryo then sees several guards on horses coming in from the city not too far off and decides he can't stay any longer. He sheathes his sword and dashes into the woods, away from all of the commotion before the guards manage to get to the scene.

[Questions]

MC Name: POTATO3

Why do you want to join? I guess I'm hoping to see a change in the rp that I've been experiencing lately.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? By switching up my boring usual character to this different, more active one, my rp would become more fun and I'm sure some people will enjoy crossing paths with my character.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) The ability to clearly state what it is your character is doing while at the same time taking into account what every other character around yours is doing. It's also definitely important to be creative and original for the sake of fun rp.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this? Yerp.

[Character Questions]

RP name: Muryo

Biography:

Well, here I am. Another rotten soul waiting for the day when Asulon meets the same fate as Aegis had. Just another one of those scumbags that I once despised. My parents were never around to teach me better, and the only person who cared for my well being was murdered before my eyes when I was only 10 years old. I hid behind a ditch as I endured my only friend's cries for mercy. Ever since, it has been almost impossible finding people that I could trust, and have only managed to make a handful of 'friends'. I left the criminal infested village the day that my friend died, and have tried to make a living without interfering too much in other people's lives for the past 9 years or so. It was hard, and seemed impossible at times, but I used to overcome that. However these 9 years of being a pathetic rogue who begs for bread every once in a while have changed a lot about me.

After I left my village and was completely alone for the first time, life was tough. I could not wield a sword as good as I had thought, and was too young to find a decent job. Therefore, food was rare and shelter was impossible. I would travel around from city to city, nation to nation, grabbing up whatever I could from wild animals and weak monsters. Everything that I didn't need would be traded for small portions of food and fresh water. Nature was my home. That and free farms. I loved free farms so much, mainly because the people there were just as worthless as me. I almost felt superior at times. Yet at night, when I lay down in other people's tents, or in monster infested caves, I would remember how pathetic I was.

Eventually, after having to protect myself from dangerous creatures for so long, I started to become somewhat skilled with my rusty old blade. I was finally able to start hunting certain creatures that would previously had killed me in a heartbeat. I also made a fishing rod using the remains of my left over junk and managed to catch food for myself. I hated fish, but it ended my hunger and eventually I became quite healthy. After about 8 years of living like this, I finally met someone who helped me out and assisted me as I helped him. His name was Wesley and he is my comrade. I saved his life from a couple of giant spiders once and he re payed me with a huge bundle of wheat. He mentioned how he was a traveler with no specific destination and how much he needed someone like me to protect him, and I knew I could use a farmer to fetch me some food, so we decided to travel together. Eventually, I had made a few more comrades who helped me as I helped them during our travels throughout Asulon.

It was after about a year when we came up to the giant gate that leads to Hanseti. We were in need of work and ended up becoming grunts for the Wolverines at that gate. We each protected the gate to the best of our abilities, and supplied our leaders with resources in return for food, armor, tools, weapons, and shelter. It was going fine for those first few weeks and I was even promoted a couple of times. It was then that I believe I changed. I was becoming strong, and wasn't hungry anymore. I was actually pretty wealthy and felt like an entirely new person. I didn't have to be afraid of anyone any longer, nor did I have to think carefully of what I should do next. I had power and whether I was a Wolverine or not, I had become strong. I can do as I please and not have to worry about someone not feeding me. I no longer knew the meaning of restraint and felt like it was my turn to enjoy my life.I have faced death in the eyes many times, and I have been betrayed by people that I thought I could trust. I've had to fend for myself for most of this time and I've had to get down on my knees and beg for a small meal. All of this showed me how cruel people are, and helped me understand how joyful life can be if you let go of fear, guilt, regret, and all other useless feelings. I have now learned how to embrace who I am and to stop thinking of myself as a 'good' person. The truth of the matter is that I'm not. I've become one of them, and I'm okay with it.

Personality: Reckless, overconfident

Motives: He does what he does simply because he can and feels unstoppable.

Aspirations: -

As Muryo notices the scenario, he takes advantage of the missing merchant and steps closer to the stall. While everyone is busy and he still remains unnoticed, Muryo walks into the stall and begins looting the valuables that he can find which consists of several jewels and a dagger made of diamond. He hides the dagger down by his waist and stuffs all of the other valuables in his pockets. However he is quickly spotted by a merchant about two stalls away who begins yelling out for guards. Muryo quickly unsheathes his blade from his back and leaps over the stalls to the merchant, kicking him in the face. As the merchant falls to the ground, the commotion attracts several people as well as four human guards, all in chain-mail armor, but one who is in diamond. Muryo grunts as he picks up the merchant and presses his sword against his neck.

Muryo - "All of you get out of my damn way or I'll slit his throat right now!"

As some of the people back away, the guards unsheathe their weapons and step in closer. Instinctively, Muryo cuts the man's throat and shoves the bleeding man at two of the guards. As the two guards are shocked and worried about the merchant, Muryo sprints past the third guard and straight at the one in diamond armor, jump-kicking him, bringing them both down to the ground. As they reach the ground, Muryo's sword swings across the market and the guard prepares to attack with his diamond ax. At this moment, Muryo hesitates and flails at the man, pushing and kicking at his arms in attempt to stop him from attacking. As the guard tries to remain focused, Muryo pulls off the guard's helmet and proceeds to slam him in the face with it. Meanwhile, the other guards are approaching and ready to strike from multiple directions. The guard in diamond is bleeding from the face and almost unconscious as Muryo grabs his ax and throws it at one of the other guards. The ax completely misses and the guard runs up to him, swinging a sliver ax horizontally. Muryo ducks under it and kicks him in the chest, knocking him back. From behind, another guard is running and swinging a blade. Muryo quickly pulls out the diamond dagger, parries the blade, and sends a stab to the guard's neck. The stabs hits successfully and the guard falls to the ground bleeding heavily. Muryo is then tackled down to the ground by one of the remaining guards and loses grip of the dagger. The guard kicks the dagger away and spots Muryo's sword on the far side of the market. He kneels in his chain-mail armor over Muryo's legs with an iron ax at hand.

Guard - "Can't save yourself now, scum!" *holds Muryo by the neck and swings his ax.*

Muryo swiftly reaches his right hand behind his back and pulls out his last resort iron dagger from the bottom of his scabbard and stabs the man in the arm as he swings, stopping the hit and causing great damage to his arm. Muryo then releases the dagger and shove the man off of him, dashing as quickly as he could past a guard that was too worried about his comrade to pay much attention to him. Muryo grabs his blade and keeps it at hand as he shoves off any civilians in his way, escaping the area before any more guards can arrive. In the end, Muryo arrives back in his hidden home and counts all of the money he can make from the jewels, at the cost of only an iron dagger.

Muryo takes note that the men are all intoxicated and most likely retired soldiers. He takes about ten steps backwards away from the home and then dashes as rapidly as possible, jumping and kicking through the window. Three of the men quickly stand up, clearly angered and reach for their weapons. One of them grabs and iron sword that was being hung on the wall. Another attempts to grab a dagger from the counter, however seems to be having trouble in doing so. The third simply fell backwards and seems to be unconscious. The other two who are sitting seem to be laughing at the scene, so Muryo quickly shuts one of them up by vertically kicking him in the jaw. He then unsheathes his sword and swings at the armed man, however the blade is parried. The man then swings his own sword at Muryo, however seems to have lost his balance as he tumbles down to the ground. Two of the men are now laughing loudly, two are apparently unconscious, and the last one is struggling to stand. Muryo loses his patience and steps over the man and into the back of the room, searching for the scroll. Once he lays his eyes on the chest, he finds that it is locked. He then goes back to the struggling man who has finally managed to stand, knocks him on the back of the head with the bottom of his blade, and takes a set of keys from him as he is motionless on the ground. Muryo then tries each of the keys on the lock and eventually manages to open it. Inside he finds the scroll which he stuffs into his pocket as he heads out the way he came.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull off this thievery?

Muryo passes by the man and realizes how easy it would be to take his bag. He notices the group of people coming so he decides to be as quick as possible. He pulls out his iron dagger and tries stabbing the sleeping man quietly. The man opens his eyes and tries to stop the attacks however was not strong nor quick enough, and takes a dagger to the neck. As soon as the man's eyes close, Muryo grabs his bag and prepares to run, however as he turns, he sees that the people in the distance are close enough to realize what he just did. He sighs and unsheathes his sword as he runs up to them. As he nears them, he finds that it's a man and two women. The man wielding a sword and the women hiding behind him. Muryo smiles at the man and as soon as he is near enough, he swings his sword at the man. The man parries his blade and swings at Muryo. Muryo dodges the strike, however is caught off balance by one of the women and she pushes him down. The man swings vertically down at Muryo as he is on the ground, yet Muryo stops the blade with his sandal. He then swings his blade at the man's right arm, completely cutting straight through. The arm falls down along with the sword and Muryo jumps up to his feet and headbutts the man in the face. The man falls back shouting and cursing as the women try desperately to aid him. Muryo then sees several guards on horses coming in from the city not too far off and decides he can't stay any longer. He sheathes his sword and dashes into the woods, away from all of the commotion before the guards manage to get to the scene.

((You have passed the OOC process of joining our guild. All that needs to be done now is for us to review your RP/spy on your character to contact.))

MC Name: hmqb

Why do you want to join?

-This guild is everything I've ever wanted to create or be a part of within Lord Of The Craft, I've made some mediocre attempts at it before but never really committed. I think this is a very unique role playing experience that I would love to commit to.

-I plan on providing the guild with another active enthusiastic member to the guild and hopefully bring up some new exciting role play through my own ideas. For the lord of the Craft community I hope to continue my personal goal of people actually respecting and enjoying thieves as opposed to being robbed on the road. I want to help introduce this concept that thieves will actually provide unique and new role play rather then just stealing your things.

-Role play is unique for everyone, but for me I think the correct balance of everything is necessary. I don't believe that every small step should be emoted, but instead use emotes to signify the importance of an action, for example when drawing a weapon, or strapping on a piece of armor. When it comes to fights I think in most cases MC fights are necessary, but there is the time and place for RP fights. Most importantly for RP fights it is important to avoid power gaming and with MC fights it is important to establish valid RP reasons for a fight to break out.

-Of course.

[Character Questions]

RP name:

-Dassem Ultor

Biography:

- My birth was never anything special. The son of two unremarkable people certainly, they gave me away to guard of a local estate and his wife. This is where I was raised and thought I would stay for the rest of my life becoming a guard of this bleak estate. As I grew my 'father' began teaching me the sword, and for a number of years it became who I was it consumed me. I'd practice for hours wearing out the other guards until I was forced to just go through the forms. At some point I realized that I could do more with this skill the guard some estate. Still headstrong at my rising swordplay talent I set off to find someone who could beat me.

I spent these next years traveling to all of the big cities and dueling more men and other races then I could count. I lost much more often then won for I often seeked the greatest of the greatest. These failures determined me to be better and better driving me from one challenge to the next until even this life could sustain me no longer. I had no income, no place to sleep and had to beg for my food. This was not a proper life so I began to put my skill into more practical use. I joined noble houses as banner man, guarded caravans, fought in wars and could not stick in one place too long.

I knew this couldn't last so when I finally found a respectable noble house I decided to stay and see how far I could advance. In a short time I had risen to a rank where I had two men under my direct command. This was about the point where I began to notice my skill at leading men. When i talked they listened, they believed what I said. At first I was startled, but I put it to good use. I flew the ranks of the noble man's house and am sure I could have risen further, but it was attacked by the king's army and abolished completely.

I was desperate again at this point and considered using my talent with men to form some sort of mercenary group. This is when i met of a group of disgruntled men known as the Sand Miners. I joined them in a fashion and soon had them under my lead and reforged under a new purpose. With my group behind me I fashioned an unreasonable demand enough to turn all of these men until rebels against the king of Oren. I wasn't sure at the time why, but I knew a notorious rebel group was a path that had numerous benefits. I wasn't sure what at the time, but I was definitely committed. With constant raids on large cities we were at the point of being hunted, right where I wanted to be... I think.

Large groups of men who are constantly in combat need funding, this is essential. The easiest way for notorious men to get money is through dishonest means, this is a given. The Sand Miners Union as we were called at the time started to delve into criminal activity to fund there war. As time passed they committed simple, easy robberies, and pathetic acts of the common criminal. The profits from this though were enough to distract the men from their rebel group. As time passed they were no longer even a rebel group, but a thieves guild of sorts... if a very simple one.

As we completed these pathetic criminal acts my ambitions took my higher. I had heard of master thieves who could jump from rooftop to rooftop picking locks and blending into the night, and he knew that's what a real thieve was. I also had heard stories of conman using their words and stealing fifty times as much as that 'real' thief could carry away in the night. It was as I began experimenting with these simple cons I realized my voice my ability to be believed, that helped me lead men, would help me steal from them as well. I used this to great effect pulling off easy cons, but I lusted for the larger jobs.

I made my first large mistake a little while after I began planning my first large con. I knew I needed more then just myself, but I thought I could use my group of untrained thugs and rebels in the place of real conman. To make a long story shorter this job was the end of the rebel group as it ended up getting almost all of my men caught who quickly revealed the others. They had a simple task, I thought it was easy enough. Timing is essential they couldn't grasp that. They got caught. Only I escaped through a flurry of quick excuses and a chase through the woods involving a few small skirmishes.

Separated from the men I had led I was back in a bad situation, but this time I knew what I wanted to do. I knew I was going to be a conman and a thief and that they would lead me to something. As it happens for the next length of time I traveled pulling off small jobs honing my skill with mixed success rates. I'd sometimes get a few local men involved to help me, but I started to learn what I hadn't fully understand before about professionalism. It came to the point where I was sitting bound in the basement/jail of some count or duke out in the middle of nowhere. The plan was for me to get caught as my way in, and for a few men I had gathered to complete a few easy steps to draw the guards from my holding cell. If it had gone as planned the guards next to me would have left... about four days previous. As it was the men had failed. I would be released soon of my own accord, but something in my nature told me it was me that was not good enough. Maybe I could pull off a good con, but there was still more to learn. I was not capable of the other things required of a master thief.

As I loosed the straps on the bindings wrapper around my hands i was filled with a whole new purpose. The guards were not paying full attention, but I would have to be fast. I broke the bindings holding me and took out the lock picks from a small pocket on my boots. I leapt towards the gate holding me and fiddled furiously with the lock. The guards there noticed what I was doing but it took them some time to process it. All I need was a second, but before I could finish there was a sword blade resting on my shoulder through the bars. Plan B: My hand went sliding through the bar reaching the hilt of the sword, and stopping the man from slicing downward. I leaped backwards my weight pulling the sword from the man's hands. There I was in a small prison with a sword while guards started to gather outside from the firsts calls of help.

I calmly put the sword to the neck of the man next to me. He was some political prisoner of a rival house. Someone who they could capture but never risk killing, it would mean war. I think I had just started some sort of hostage situation, and I did not know where I was headed from here but my mind worked quickly. I shouted for the guards to put down their weapons and for all of them to leave and go fetch their lord. In a haste and unthinking nature most likely brought upon by panic they all left, some of them surely waiting out of sight with weapons drawn. I settled down next to the door and finished the lockpicking job the door swinging open. Leaving the other man behind I closed the door, they would of surely killed me if I tried to keep up the hostage situation.

The lords basement had the large cell, but it was also filled with mismatched boxed and storage containers with unimaginable amounts of stored food and useless building supplies. I hid myself in that room among piles of dirt in a far corner, as expected the small army of guards arrived once more with their lord standing in the center. They peered into the cell confused while I crawled along the floor behind them and as quietly as possible ran up the stairs. Their was no one else the rest of the way up to the lord's house. I ran up the next set of stairs to the lord's private office, always under guard and usually occupied by the lord himself. I stepped through the opened door into the lavish windowless office. Their was a small heavy intricately locked chest made of fine rosewood sitting under his desk. The lock was more advanced then I could ever handle, and I could already hear the guards rushing back up the first stairway. I took down a finely made battle axe hanging on the wall and with one cut split open the chest. I took an empty bag from nearby and filled it with as much as i could carry and rushed back to the door.

The guard were already running up the last staircase to where I was, and stuck on this floor I headed to the only other room. Swinging the door shut behind me and locking it I scanned the room for the window and flung it open. The lord's house was built with a slanted roof so I slid down as far as possible then made the short jump, shock waves vibrating through my legs. I began to run into the nearby forest, funny how it always ended like this, I thought with a laugh as the calls of the guardsmen faded in the distance.

Ever since this day I seek my betters in the thieving world, those who can teach me to be better and more talented as well as those good enough to complete the cons of legend with.

Personality: Deeply charming with a slight overbearing nature noticeable only after extended periods of time. Meticulous, but not one to pass by a perfect opportunity.

Motives: A hard outlook on life, and the clear idea that criminal activities are the only way for him to achieve his dreams.

Aspirations: To become something more then a simple thief, to train and surpass what he could ever accomplish alone. His deeper inset desires include a lust for luxury and riches, the finest food and clothing.

- Chaos will be important. I can't be involved though, no that would never work. I plan my steps quickly then act. Stepping closer to the stall with a quick fling of my hand I toss a small piece of jewelery at the foreign merchant, instinctively he catches it. "Thief!" I yell pointing towards the man. The guards turn in time to see him frantically put down the jewelry. He has no time to react before the guards start to swarm him. The stall owner comes running at the man as well shouting. Step one, chaos, achieved. From here a walk into a guards path and to the observing eye it seems as though he knocked me into the stall, in reality I took a dive. In the mess of the overturned cart I pocket a few item well attempting to get up. The stall owner begins to yell at me, but I disappear back into the crowd. The foreign merchant will be fine I'm sure, and it won't be long before they sort it out. I consider all of this as I make my way to a jewel seller in a near by city, he's a friend of mine he will handle selling them.

- My mind considers the situation. The task was given to me and me alone, with a team I could think of hundreds of ways to accomplish the situation. As it is I will consider this a test of personal skill. I begin preparing my plan and setting up the necessary tools in the correct places. A certain anonymous tip to the local guards flagged this house and these men as causing problems. The local guards send down a contingent of 10 men to deal with whatever situation it could be. Knocking on the front door one of the men drunkenly makes his way to the front door. He's met with the guards and bolstered by his four friends and the alcohol reacts poorly to guards showing up at his door. There is a few moments of tension and confusion as a minor struggle starts, but even then the guards quickly subdue them with their numbers. At this point the guards have also determined that they have been keeping to themselves and are no threat.

As this situation occurs I've been busy. Slipping through the small hole I close the door and close a small latch. I know this will only buy me a little bit but the blocking of sight lines is important. When the struggle between the guards and the men reaches its peak I kick in the window with an easily overheard smash. Their are two ropes hanging down from outsides outlined by the night. I've never been very good with lockpicking. I heave up the chest, as I hoped its not too heavy. I wrap the two ropes around the chest and secure it hanging in the air. Stepping out the window onto the chest I climb up the ropes to the roof above. Untying the two ropes from two support beams I use the leverage of the ropes and heave the chest to the roof. Right in time as well as the men get back into the roof and look at the window with outrage.

The men seeing the broken window rush outside with weapons drawn obviously attempting to find the thief in the street below. This seems to cause a problem with the guards who just determined them not a threat. The react quickly to five drunken men charging into the streets with weapons drawn. This time it will not be settled so quickly. I take my eyes away from the growing situation below. I settle down on the roof and begin my lockpicking process, it takes a good deal of time, as I said i'm not very good with lockpicking. When I finally get it open I find the scroll and stuff it in a bag to my side. I then decide the most important thing from here is to dump the chest still open off the roof, and I do. The items go flying all of the street and the few travelers still awake crowd around it. The drunken men below also realize what happened and rush to there chest knocking people away. In this confusion the natural conclusion is that the thief dropped the chest by mistake and failed to steal anything, thus not compromising that the scroll has even been stolen by purpose, but merely lost in the streets after a failed robbery.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travelers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

-I present myself to be a weary traveler and collapse next to the man. He looks at me questioningly, I ask for food as humbly as possible spilling out a story of an abusive master forcing me to carry missives. The man draws open his bag revealing nothing but food and traveling supplies. It's not also worth it to rob someone before knowing what your taking. This job is clearly not worth it. Then again if he had better things to steal there is a time and a place for strongarming people, and however petty it is, it is sometimes neccisarry.

[Questions]

MC Name: spychicken956

Why do you want to join? To get some good RP as I have only been having unfun and mundane rp for the past few months.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? Im a capable RPer but havent been able to put any of my skill to work as of late because of all the horrible RPers that have been in the cities I usually play in so I hope to put my RP to better use here.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc)I think that there should be a small amount of pvp enough to satisfy the pvpers on the server but not so much that it completely ruins all RP and enough emotes to make the RP that much more fun.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this? Yes.

[Character Questions]

RP name: Fealthas

Biography: Fealthas was a elf that lived a hard child hood he grew up on the streets of Skravia an orphan his parents died when he was only four of the plague. He stayed in doors during the day while the older kids worked and came out at night to explore the city and find what little food or money he could "find". The abandoned building he and the other orphans, outcasts, and throw-outs lived in was survival of the fittest you had to get your own money and your own food if you died it wasnt anyone else's problem. Fealthas felt he should help the younger children by "borrowing" food and money from the shops around town and shared it amongst the young ones. Eventually he was caught and given a choice rehabilitation or jail by this time he was 12 he chose the first choice. Of course the government could only do so much and his "rehabilitation" only made him want to do more and more! He is now 32 and still trying to find the perfect item.

Personality: He is dark and keeps to himself he tries to stay in the shadows as much as possible and when he is in a crowd he stays at the back.

Motives: He is tired of the rich spitting and trampling the poor and he wants to cause them some grief.

Aspirations: He hopes to become the greatest thief ever known.

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery? I walk over to the man acting like the merchant greeting him as if he hasnt had good business all day long. I show him the wares and when I get him to buy something for a very large price I walk over to the guards make them charge after a man accusing him of thievery and slip into the sewer while the guards are distracted.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery? I walk in with a bottle and a drunken stagger and a slur. "Herro mates!" I say as I stagger over and collapse into a seat I then begin to say some....less than flattering comments about one mans mother and while they start fighting each other in a drunken stupor I pick the lock take the scroll and slip out the window.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery? I slink over kneel on him and press on his neck grabbing the knife while he slips from consciousness I grab the bag and run off before the other travellers get there.

((Alright. Sorry for double post. I know. Wanted to get this into its own post.

Ok so what I liked about it:

- Your character is unlike the others in the guild. Could bring some fresh RP.

- Good ideas on how to steal things.

- Seem like a nice guy.

What I didn't like:

- Seemed rushed and lacks effort.

- Added unnecesary things like The whole guard chasing a man you accused of stealing even though it was a clean theft and all..

-As far as I can tell, you don't have a VA yet.

My gut says yes but I think you should re apply and put a little more effort into it. That goes a long way. So re-apply. Put in effort. Organize it. Make it crisp and clean. Good luck.))