The Master Thieves Guild

Haldon

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.

[Questions]

MC Name:

RacistAsianDude

Why do you want to join?

I want a Guild, and this seems perfect.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?

I will carry out jobs and whatever, I have experience.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc)

Everything.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

Yes.

[Character Questions]

RP name:Racasdu

Biography: Racasdu was a fine bowsman and swordsman. His uncle, Aelfric, had died a few months ago. His last wishes were for him to journey, have fun, and maybe even marry a fine elven lass. His intense training included archery, swordsry, pickpocketing, and flattery.

Personality: Strives for good, but learned the arts of thievery just in case.

Motives: To make himself respected and known to be a good person.

Aspirations: His diseased uncle

[Open Response. Answer all questions]

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

I will pretend to be the assistant stall owner, and pretend I am the owner. I will then help the merchant buy what he needs, but secretly pull out what I want. Then I will leave.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

I will wait until I am sure they are all drunk, then I will swagger in like I belong there. I will say "Hey! No more Wine? Go on with the stories, I'll get mo-more wine! I will go over to the chest, and take out not wine, but the scroll.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

I will dig under him, and to the left, where the bag is. I will have prepared a fake, and as I dig out, I lower the plate of dirt with the bag on it. I will then place the bag on the slab of dirt, then place it back. All this will be done right before the travelers arrive. I expect them to stop and talk. When the man has realized his money has been stolen, he would suspect the travelers.

(( May I suggest another special rank?

The Infiltrator

The Infiltrator is always a different person, never repeating a character unless absolutely necessary. Your trust is his dagger, and his disguise is his cloak. He infiltrates a different place, each time benefiting the guild. They must be dedicated, as their job can sometimes take months, rarely even years. The result is always worth it.

Also, I may apply later on today. ;) ))

MC Name: JtPv

Why do you want to join? I'm new at thieving, and I need to learn the thieves ways.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? Allowing them to further their RP options, as all good villains should.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) Detail in everything

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this? Yes, I swear to the Guild

[Character Questions]

RP name: Malicor Firre

Biography: Malicor was raised in the wilds. Every year he would go to the city of Arethor to scavenge for goodies people threw away (broken bows, rusted swords, etc.) He was adopted by a local blacksmith and trained to be a merchant. After he came to age he left the city to discover everything. He practiced, and found he wasn't the best. When he heard about the beacon, he immediately went on board the elven ship. When he got to Elysium, he decided he would quit his job. He traveled all across, building small homes each time it was suitable. Recently, his house was burned down by a creature of fire. He doesn't know what it is, but he never wants to see it again. After viewing the ways of the rich and famous, he envied them. He wanted that power, that gold, those minas! He's decided to turn to thievery to get them.

Personality: He's friendly and avoids most people whenever possible. Growing up in the wilds, he's not to friendly.

Motives:He works well with others only if it suits him. He works only towards his desires. He's been corrupted by greed.

Aspirations: To become a master thief and be rich.

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

I would sneak into the back to knock out the stall owner and quickly hide his body. I would then sneak back outside, and casually slip a necklace into the merchants pocket. Then I would yell for the guards, "Thief! Guards quick!" After the guards are gone, I pocket all the jewellery and dive into the sewers before anyone notices.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?

I would knock on the door, con them into selling their armor and weapons, most likely succeeding because of the fact that the men are drunk. Then I would go into the back where the hole is and then attempt to perform a sneak attack on the men, most likely succeeding because, again, they're drunk. I wouldn't kill them, but just knock them out. Then I would steal the scroll and quickly flee back into the city where their chances of them finding me are slim, and return the scroll to the Upright Man.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

I would sneak behind the man then, knock him out. I would quickly place the body behind the tree and then sit down where he was sitting. Then when the travellers come, I would pretend the bag is mine, and that the old man is sleeping, then leave.

[Questions]

MC Name: Joker_Knight

Why do you want to join? To expand RP opportunities and allow for greater TP freedom.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? I will provide fair roleplay and not be afraid to lose.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) Clear, concise emotes that show intentions, but leave room for multiple reactions.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this? Yes.

[Character Questions]

RP name: Aureas Draconis

Biography: (copied from VA): Aureas was found and adopted by a wandering mercenary group, more specifically the band’s spellsword and medic. The mercenaries were fairly successful in the local area, known well for an outstanding record of successful missions, no matter the objective. The band collectively raised Aureas, teaching him the ways that would allow him to be as successful.

All the members of the band cooperated in raising him, and teaching him tricks of their violent and bloody trade. Some things he took to more easily than others, archery and assassination being his specialties. His ease of learning these skills came at a cost to him. While being very light on his feet, able to blend easily with the shadows, and throw knives with decent accuracy, his swordsmanship suffered greatly. He would never be a frontline soldier, being too lean for full plate armor and not physically strong enough to wield a large blade. He does, if forced, resort to using a using a short sword/dirk-type weapon.

Personality: Efficient, always prepared, merciless.

Motives: He is driven by survival, but also by the want to live well. He is unafraid to kill those perceived to stand in his way, or take what he needs.

Aspirations: To live well, have power and influence, and to be notorious, yet unrecognizeable.

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewellery, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery? Aureas frowns under his facemask, intently studying the situation. He then smiles, noticing a pattern in the guards patrol past the sewer grate, a short amount of time in which there are no guards looking at it. He begins counting silently, numbering the seconds in the pattern, and then counts again to reaffirm his assessment. He chuckles quietly, pulling his hood and facemask down, slipping behind the stall’s stand, smiling at the approaching merchant. Aureas continues counting in his head, noting he was nearing the middle of his count cycle. He hurriedly greets the merchant, mentioning he was going on a break, and that he would have to return later. The merchant nods, departing with a promise to return to the stall. Aureas quickly scoops as much loot as he can into a small back, and replaces his mask and hood, loping towards the gate, count nearing its end. He breaks into a sprint, diving through the sewer grate, easily on count.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery? Aureas studies the house as the sun sets slowly, the dusk slowly turning to night. He turns silently to his compatriot, gesturing hand signals, indicating his instructions with clarity. The man nods, much larger than he, and hefts a large bag of flour onto his shoulder. Aureas nods, then leaps silently to the roof, padding over to the hole in the roof. He stand momentarily, raising his fist in the air, then crouches again. His cohort shoulders loudly through the door, and hurls the open bag of flour into the room, creating a smoke screen for Aureas. His cohort then begins punching the men, wanting to anger but not kill. The man then sprints from the room, laughing as the 5 men chase him angrily. Aureas drops silently from the roof, into the room, and snatches the scroll. He tucks it away safely into his satchel, and sprints from the building, disappearing into the night.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery? The man sprawls under the tree, obviously road-weary. His only visible means of defense lay in the crude dagger sheathed at his waist. Aureas studies the man, noting his bodily positions, posture, and the slowly approaching travelers in the distance. Aureas nod to himself, affirming his plan, and grips a throwing knife in his left hand. He flicks his wrist, sending the knife flickering into the woods on the roadside. The man bolts to his feet, wandering after it, dagger drawn. Aureas smiles, scooping up the sack he had forgotten, and pads quickly down the road.

[Questions]

MC Name: Wasp2100

Skype Name: nathan.martin2100

Why do you want to join? I'm tired of small-time, one man work, and I figure this will provide adequate challenge.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? I enjoy roleplaying a lot, and I usually rise through the ranks quickly.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) Definitely the players describing what they are doing and ESPECIALLY trying to see through their character's eyes, acting as their character would act instead of how they themselves would.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this? I understand and swear to abide by guild law.

[Character Questions]

RP name: Ironhawk

Biography: Raised by a noble family, Ironhawk, (his true name now lost) grew tired of his parent's world of silly customs and codes. After a while he began stealing from the guests at the parties they held often, just to keep himself amused, however, when he was twenty-three, (barely a teenager by human standards) one of the guests caught him stealing his mistress's necklace. Enraged, the man cornered Ironhawk in a deserted area of the manse and attempted to kill him with his ornamental sword. Ironhawk, angry and confused, made the man trip and impale himself on his own sword. Realizing his parents would never understand, Ironhawk fled, taking his current moniker. Little is known about his activities hence.

Personality: Over the years, Ironhawk has developed a complex code of honer. He is not above theivery and murdering, but will not harm the innocent or beggars. He is conflicted, as his current profession is against his true nature, but he know little else, however he always tries to do the right thing.

Motives: As skilled as he is, Ironhawk understands that one man can only do so much, therefore he is applying to the Thieves guild to get more of a challenge from his heists.

Aspirations: Not much in the way of a long-term goal, merely trying to do the right things.

Lure the shop owner away, then knock him out, taking his clothing and donning it. Then attempt to pose as the shopkeeper, luring the man deeper into the shop, out of sight of the guards. Stand by the man as he looks at a piece, then quickly knock him out. After taking his valuables and stashing him somewhere, store the man's valuables (and some choice items from the store) in a chest or cart and walk out of the square. The guards will assume I'm simply transporting wares.

Wait until the men are a little drunker, then stagger in, pretending to be a latecomer (the men should be inebriated enough to take this in stride) and ingratiate myself with my new "friends", telling jokes and laughing like the rest of them, keeping them drinking and drinking until they all fall asleep, all while keeping my own consumption of beer under control. Once they are all sound asleep, loot the chest AND the house.

An man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

Pretend to be being chased, running from the other side of the road to the one the man's on disappearing into the trees. Once I am out of sight, double back and sneak up behind the tree the man is resting against. When the other travelers are suitably distracted (perhaps throwing a rock behind them) reach around the trunk of the tree, put my hands over the his mouth and under his chin, and pull his head into the trunk to knock him out. Sit next to him while the travelers pass, feigning sleep, and make a bandit with my new stuff.

((All of my answers are IC, that's just how my character talks.))

((Hey guys!! Remember to keep OOC to a minimum, if you have questions or ideas, PM the OP. A nice guild thread like this shouldn't be all cluttered in OOC!! And, if possible, try to make the applications seem more in character, such as having a drop off point for the applications, or RPing your character writing it/finding it. And if you're going to post OOC updates on the guild, make sure to add a little Rp in there. Just a few things that would make this a much nicer guild thread!!))

[Questions]

MC Name:

My Minecraft name is ChAzZ__MaN

Why do you want to join?

I wish to join because my character is only recently a thief due to his profile about where he lives, he wishes to develop his best trait into something more.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?

My character will provide a better RP experience because there will be more RP additional for people to take part in as well as I make it my goal as a villain to improve the RP experience of the server anyway.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc)

To be as clear and punctual whilst role-playing in general and more so in RP fights, as this helps the other role player to understand the situation and to be able to act upon that situation in a more understood way, this is generally better for everyone.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?

I fully understand that if I brake the guilds laws or the servers laws that this will result in my banishment from the guild, unless given an appeal form by the guild to resurrect my spot upon the guild itself.

[Character Questions]

RP name:

My role play name is Gaarag

Biography:

Gaarag lived in the Orc lands for many years, he stands 7 feet tall with a unattractive scar on his right eye from where he was caught stealing from his own brothers chest, after being banished from the Orc lands he started to travel seemingly loosing allot of weight and posture, he went about without any minas taking food from stools and inexpensive items to sell from chests that where left out in the open, after many years of doing so he started to pick up on the human language and also started to pull of more risky plots of stealing from more expensive people who would own farms, blacksmiths and so on... Gaarag now wishes to turn this trait around into something that could be more profitable, he longs for riches and power after many years of scrounging beneath the feet of nobles and trades men, he now begins to plot out his thievery tasks and always looks forward gaining intelligence towards who would be the most suitable targets to steal from next.

Personality:

Quite, Smart for an /Orc/, Hard working, Good listener, Friendly towards those who he trusts.

Motives:

Gaarags motives would me power, minas, challenges and honour. Gaarag is money motivated naturally and typically motivated by power but when it comes to completing a hard challenge he loves the sensation of getting away from a chase or stealing from a noble of such, from this he gains self confidante, pride and honour.

Where on the other hand his losses gets him frustrated when any of these motives are damaged.( Loosing minas/power or being put in a jail of such from being caught during a plot.

Aspirations:

To finally own his own place where he can call home, to steal and make fool of those who banished him from his home lands and to feel mentally wealthy in the long run.

-Gaarag examines the stool for a while being confidant that the tool owner would not return for a while, Gaarag strides up to the stool examining the goods under his hood, whilst the merchant turns away to look for the tool owner Gaarag would take a necklace swiftly slipping it into the merchants back pocket so that it is visible, then taking more then a quarter of the wares and slipping them into a neatly tied bag he hides it around the side of the stool. After a while the owner returns to find half of his goods stolen and the necklace hanging out of the merchants pocket running over calling the guards and trying to get the necklace back, Gaarag slips around the stool picking up the bag as many of the guards rush around the stool drawing there swords towards the merchant. Gaarag takes the chance to slip away into the sewers with the bag before putting the sewer hatch back into place before anybody could have notice what had happened.

-Gaarag would walk up to the side of the house where the hole in the roof was mostly visible picking up a big stone throwing it through the hole as a simple peasant was jogging by, ducking in a bush Gaarag watches the drunken men smash through the old door taking it right of its hinges running down the road after the jogging peasant, Gaarag takes this time to swiftly run into the house and up to the chest where he opens the the chest and takes the scroll exiting the house and swiftly running away to to inform the Upright Man.

-Gaarag would walk up to the man kicking dirt at him, the man rises picking up his dagger and pointing it at Gaarag, whilst the old man is waving his dagger at Gaarag, Gaarag turns shouting to the group who are nearing to the old man and Gaarag. "Help! This fool has stolen my belongings!"

At this the group of now apparent youngsters come charging up all /bun dolling/ the old man, whilst the situation goes on Gaarag has the old man's bag handed to him by one of the youngsters who thinks he is saving the day, with that Gaarag simply nods walking off before the old man could get across his side of the story.

[Questions]

MC Name: Aiden_AJK

Skype Name: aiden.cool

Why do you want to join? I enjoy villain roleplay, specifically thief, and I want to steal while I have others watching my back. I have also seen this guild provide the server with entertaining roleplay, which is something I strive to do as a villain.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? By roleplaying to the best of my abilities as well planning out my RP actions in OOC so that they are entertaining and interesting. I will usually do the second thing if I have some big roleplay event planned (Ex, a heist) so that I have a bit of an idea of what to say so that the other people involved in the RP have more a more enjoyable experience.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc) Definitely putting detail into emotes and not power/metagaming. The first thing, in my opinion, is ‘vital’ because it allows others that RP with me to fully understand what I’m emoting. The second two ruin roleplay, so I definitely believe that they shouldn’t be done.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this? Of course.

[Character Questions]

RP name: Aiden

Biography: Copied from my VA:

Aiden was born in a small farming village in Oren. He never met his father, as his mother tried her best to keep Aiden away from him. This was because Aiden’s father was a wanted criminal, as he was a master thief. Aiden’s mother was secretly trained in throwing knives and daggers for combat, but she pretended to be a farmer. Her reasoning for this was again; to protect Aiden. Once Aiden reached the young age of eight, his mother thought it would be a good idea to train him in her ways of combat. Aiden was very interested in this, but he also took another interest in sneaking around and being stealthy, which is something his mother did not know. He would often sneak out of his home at night to spy on the merchants or steal from the local sweets store if he had the chance, though he was often caught, which eventually made his mother realize what he was doing and his days of stealing seemed to be over..

Two years past and Aiden tried to sneak out whenever he could, though these times were seldom. He was confined to his home, which is something he did not enjoy one bit. This all changed when his mother simply disappeared. Aiden was told by his mother that she was going somewhere and wouldn’t return for a while. He thought she was lying, and he didn’t think much of it. He went to sleep, thinking that in the morning she would return. Instead, he woke up to his father trying to cook breakfast. At first, he didn’t know who the man was, so he curiously walked up to him and asked him what he was doing in his home. Aiden’s father grinned and stated who he was. At first, Aiden didn’t believe him, but Aiden eventually began to trust him and did believe his father. Aiden’s father began to train him to be a thief a week or so after he arrived. While Aiden still practiced with daggers and knives, he mainly focused on training stealth, agility, and lockpicking with his father, and he grew to love training with him.

Aiden and his father moved into the country, away from oren, and stayed there for six years. During this time, Aiden trained and hunted with his daggers, putting his stealth and agility skills to the test as he stalked deer and other animals. Once his father had taught him the basics of lockpicking, every other day he had to pick a lock that his father put on one of their home’s doors. At first, Aiden hated it and thought he would never pick the lock. However, as time went on and he practiced much more, he was able to finally pick the lock. After he had successfully done it once, his confidence was boosted and he felt like he could lockpick anything, even though he still had a lot to learn.

Once Aiden turned sixteen, his father moved them both back to Oren and his father bought a home in the capital. Aiden’s father sent him on missions to rob others that lived in the city and he became very infamous. Whenever he put his mask and robes on, he was immediately a wanted man, which was something he became accustomed to. But, all good things must come to an end, and eventually someone traced the ‘masked thief’ back to his home. That is why the guards came to his home in the capital of Oren and took his father to jail. Aiden didn’t think at all, and the next night he tried to jail-break his father but he failed and was barely able to make it out alive. The few moments he was able to talk to his father, he was told to leave the city. So, he ran home, packed as much his things that he could, then mounted a stolen horse and rode out of Oren into the country once more.

He lived there and trained as much as he could until everyone was forced to go to the cloud temple and leave for Elysium. After the long boat ride, he ran off into the untamed wilderness and explored the land. He now searches for a guild or bandit group to join to restart his career in thieving and so that he can become a better lockpick, as he is nowhere near a master in the art.

Personality: Aiden is a bit free spirited and is quick to take action, usually without thinking beforehand. However, he can act out another personality while stealing or trying to deceive someone if he needs to. It all depends on what job he’s doing and/or what he needs to do.

Motives: Aiden’s thefts are driven by greed and a bit of rage. His father also taught him as a small child that thieving was a reliable way to get wealth. This sort of ‘brainwashed’ him into stealing for money, on top of the fact that he never learned any other type of profession.

Aspirations: Aiden’s goal in life is to become a wealthy man. His father told him as a child that this should be Aiden’s ambition, so he stuck with it and continues to strive to complete this goal, despite the fact that it is a challenging ambition.

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewelry, weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?

Aiden walks into the market with his hood up. He then begins to shout “Guards! Your captain told me to inform you all that he wants you at the front gates! Orcs are attacking the city, there are hordes coming to attack!” All of guards run towards the front gates except for three, one is still at the grate and two continue to patrol. Aiden walks up to the foreign merchant and sees him looking at a diamond necklace. “Did you just buy that?” The merchant looks up to Aiden and nods. Aiden then says, “Well you don’t want that! It’s a fake diamond!” The merchant raises an eyebrow as he says, “What’d ya mean it’s a fake? It looks real tah me!” Aiden frowns, “Let me see it! I can decide if it’s fake or not!” The merchant cautiously holds out his diamond necklace. Aiden grabs the necklace and pretends to inspect the diamond. “Hmm..” The merchant then asks “Well?” Aiden then says “There’s an orc from the attack behind you!” The merchant turns around and Aiden runs for it. The man yells out “Help! Thief! Guards!” Then, the guards that he tricked into leaving earlier return and see Aiden. They begin to chase him, but they are slowed by their heavy armour. Aiden arrives at the grate and shoves the guard, who falls over and struggles to get up. Aiden opens the grate and then goes into it, closing it behind him. He runs through the sewers then leaves the city through the sewage system.

Aiden approaches the home and sees the men inside. He sighs and then decides to wait outside. After a few hours, the men dose off and fall asleep, which is when Aiden sneaks onto the roof of the home and then sneaks towards the hole. Aiden then throws a rope down and silently slides down it. He slowly creeps up to the chest and opens it as silently as he can. Inside, he finds a coin purse and the scroll. He grabs both then closes the chest, which makes a slight noise. One of the men stirs, but he doesn’t wake. Aiden makes his way towards the door, but once he is halfway there he knocks over a glass mug full of ale, but it falls to the ground shatters, glass shards flying everywhere. One of the men wakes up and he shouts for the others to wake up. Aiden stuff the items forcefully into his pack and pulls out one of his throwing knives. One of the men groggily stumbles over to Aiden and swings his blade at him clumsily. Aiden sidesteps and throws his knife, which hits the man in the chest. He kicks him to the ground and turns on his heel, running to the door. Instead of reaching the door, he stops, as another one of the men has an axe and is standing in front of it. Aiden draws his dagger and slowly advances, but then he quickly jumps back to avoid the man’s clumsy hack, as he is tired and still slightly drunk. Aiden lunges forward, his dagger glinting in the moonlight, as if it was hungry for blood. Aiden stabs the stab in the arm, and he drops his axe with a shout. Aiden grabs the man’s leg as he shouts in pain and pulls, causing him to fall to the ground. Aiden hops over the man and kicks the door, but it doesn’t open. He kicks it again and it opens. Aiden quickly steps outside and then turns, only to see an arrow wizz by his face, only missing him by a few inches. He begins to sprint off, but he is slowed as he is shot in the left arm. He curses, but he keeps running. He eventually loses the three remaining men in the nearby forest. He finds the path then begins to jog towards the cloud temple to get his arm healed before returning to the Upright Man to give him the scroll.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, and he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travelers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull of this thievery?

Aiden casually leans against a nearby tree and waits for a little while. After about fifteen minutes, the travelers pass through the small cluster of trees. The old man gets up with the travels’ help and walks with them. Aiden curses under his breath as he follows the group. They make their way to a nearby human village and then they part ways. Aiden doesn’t think twice and he walks up to the man. He’s about to try and pickpocket his coin purse, but then a guard rounds the corner and walks by them. The man notices Aiden and raises an eyebrow before shrugging and walking to the Inn. Aiden follows him in and sits on a chair on one of the walls. The old man rents a room and goes up to it. He puts his bag and cane on the table in the room then lies in the bed and falls asleep. Aiden rents the room next to him and walks up the stairs casually. He tries to open the door and is surprised to find it unlocked. He silently walks into the room and goes to grab the bag. The old man stirs as he picks up the bag, but he only rolls over and he doesn’t wake. Aiden sneaks out of the room and shuts the door before rummaging through the bag. He finds a coin purse, a silver dagger, some bread, and a diamond. Aiden grins before closing the bag then casually walking out of the inn then walking off to sell his spoils.

-OOC-

Thanks for reading this and I hope that you consider me for the MTG :)

((-Thanks for reading this-))

[Questions]

MC Name: Akira0

Why do you want to join? My character has been a thief of secrets. Selling information to those who seek it. She's now becoming more fearful of her position, seeking the help of an organization like-minded like her.

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience? By creating a unique character that causes interesting romantic conflicts. I plan to steer her into the path of becoming a tavern keeper where there will be numerous RP potential with alcohol.

What do you think are vital in RP? I value emotes and words over all else. If you’re writing detailed emotes to describe every situation clearly, RP will avoid entering the OOC realm. I’ve never personally had any ooc fighting over RP and hope I never will.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this? Yes~

[Character Questions]

RP name: Marella (She uses different names for different groups of people. Mara, Mari, Marie, Mary, May, and etc. Officially, Marella is the registered name in the Kingdom of Oren.)

Biography:

Childhood:

Marella is a farmer’s daughter. Her father and mother, country simpletons of Solace, mistook her quiet demeanor and stammers in her speech as inborn stupidity. With two older brothers, this girl became the burden of the family, existing to eat upon their labor and ignored for the remaining of it.

Thus, she grew up observant and quiet, lurking in corners to avoid ridicule from her family. In time, her techniques at remaining unseen improved. She taught herself to use the advantages of being a child to scurry from shadow to shadow, lingering long enough to pilfer a bit of food from the kitchen. Her small figure allowed her to take almost weightless steps that left few footprints and no more sound than an echo in a void.

In turn, she grew to be a feeble, thin creature of the most pitiful sort. Her dark brunette hair draped flatly over her shoulders, her pale skin a sickly white, lying gauntly on her face and a delicate pair of tiny lips with barely any color. Her only defining feature are her bright emerald eyes, ever watchful, with a rich range of expressions.

As her body grew, Marella found it harder to remain hidden. She was no longer a small child but a lanky teen of ten and one, with arms and legs so unnaturally frail. Her appearance became an eyesore in the family where even the little worth of her dowry could not stir their excitement. Her parents coldly arranged a deal with a wealthy merchant in the city of Arethor and thus she started a life of servitude.

Teenage years:

For a time, Marella was given a most comfortable life where the fruits of her labor were rewarded with warm food and a dry bed. Her health slowly recovered whereupon even color began to return to her skin, glowing a healthy pink. Marella also received new clothes fitted for her added weight, despite the fact that it was but a maidservant’s uniform, it gave her a slight thrill of recognition. This was a new sensation she couldn’t quite comprehend, but efficiently broke her silence. As the maids gossiped amongst themselves, Marella would cheerfully pipe in her opinion about one useless matter or another. She craved this new sense of belonging, learning through these women the shallow knowledge of the most envious jewelry or the latest fashion in ribbons. Men also became a topic of conquest as her new mature friends would often retell their night’s tale. For a year, Marella was nurtured by her new adoptive mothers of this group whose own conduct was questionable.

In the declining years of Asulon this tiny comfort abruptly ended. The wealth of her employer was destroyed by the declining economy. With his fortune depleted to ash, Marella was turned out to the streets with nothing more than her cherished dress. She stole what little food she could but she knew she couldn’t survive alone for long.

With the help of a few kind hearts, she received another maid position within the noble family Geminine. She is now one and three and beginning to glow with the brilliance of youth. This carefree young lass attracted one advantageous marriage during this time- a promise between young love that was quickly destroyed by the intrusion of the servants’ gossips and opinions. She left the uncomfortable circumstance with but a letter of recommendation from her lord.

Present:

At the age of one and four, she entered servitude again, with the Imperial family of Horen-Hightower. She kept her head down, finishing her duties in the household without complaint. After a year within the household, she received the great honor of being promoted to head maid. She carried the title wearily, suddenly turning timid as she finds herself attracting the attention of her imperial majesty's favor.

This was both a boon and a curse. A boon because with power and recognition, she entered areas within the manor that only a few trusted servants were allowed. She also now has the benefit of hiding her intentions through this disguise, effectively collecting and selling secrets, keeping a sharp ear out for names of interest and information of value. It became a curse because her new duties as head maid included a plethora of responsibilities and duties she cares not for, leaving her less time to gather her necessary funds to fulfill her dream of opening a tavern.

Personality:

She is a chaotic neutral character, every action is an action that is calculated for her personal benefit. Because of this, she can be described as manipulative, selfish, and conceded. She has a clear understanding of her place in society, when around her superiors she will become meek and shy, attempting to appear plain to attract as little attention as possible. If someone were to insult her position, she would proudly wear the title for she has no desires for nobility, their lives a prison in her mind.

In situations of love, she isn’t capable of feeling it. She may have a desire for a man the way she has desire for a necklace but it too will lose its worth when she grows tired of it. She is unafraid to use men at her whim with whatever manipulative power she has; be it the innocence of youth or the seductive actions she observes from other maids.

She can also be described as a natural beauty but relies heavily on powders and rouges to offset het pale skin, complimenting it with her exclusively dark toned closet.

Motives:

She wishes to save enough money to open her own tavern in the city one day. A permanent position that secures her a livelihood independent from an employer or a binding marriage.

Aspirations:

Her aspiration is to become known, to have the attention of many. Her desires are immediate and insatiable but coincide with her ambition. It could be the cake at the window of a bakery, or the cloth displayed at the tailor’s; so long as it was of value to raise other’s opinions of her. At the moment, she must have whatever it is she desires- to the point of obsession. However once acquired, it loses its importance and she will soon move to new interests.

Marella approaches the foreign merchant, slipping into his view. She smiles brightly to him, showing white teeth under her lips. Without paying particular attention to which piece she takes from the counter, she models the necklace on herself, holding her neck high, seductively. She continues smiling, her voice dripping with silk as she coos, "O- doesn't this look divine? Fit for any fair maiden you have in mind, sir. Shall I wrap it up for your lady friend?"

(If he accepts and purchases it)

Marella cups the money in her hand, flashing a distracting smile while the coins disappear up her sleeves. She ushers the customer out with ease, leading with an arm through his. Once free from his attention and he's turned the corner, she would turn to a guard with an exasperated expression, "T-that m-man! Some w-wares are missing, it m-must've been that man! After him!"

With the guards distracted, Marella swiftly grabs a handful of jewelry from the stall, disappearing quickly into her sleeves heavy with other trinkets. She slips into the crowd, blending into the traffic leaving the city. She walks with a bounce in her step.

(If he purchases it for Marella)

She smiles playfully, twirling around the stall and picking up another piece, "What of this one...? Is it not a pretty trinket that sets my eyes off?" She models the new necklace, holding it up next to the other. When he seems disinterested in purchasing any more, she pockets the minas, leaving the "purchased jewelry" on the counter. She loops her arm through his, guiding him out of the stall. She says with a tilt of her head and a pout of her lips, "I know the finest stores in the city, shall I keep you company?"

Marella would spy on them for some time, listening in through the hole on the roof. With whatever information she gathers, she acts accordingly, using their tales of war to weave a convincing story. She pulls a small bottle of wine from her pack and carefully inserts a needle into the top of the cork. She pours a white powder, made of died poppy and chamomile, into the small hole, giving the a bottle a good swirl.

Marella knocks on the door, smiling brightly at the men. “____ has sent this as a token for your recent victory. From his very own private collection.” She pauses for a second, holding each pair of eyes for a second before continuing with a coy grin, “And, I for company…”

She sweeps into the room, pretending to search for mugs, “Where could they be…?” She serves the wine undisturbed, handing each man a mug before rising hers to the air, “A special toast that m’lord wishes to greet you with, and it is thus: “For your troubles and endless bravery, he bids you freedom to drink from the city tavern under his name and order, hence forth. May you never remember what trouble ails you, only the joy of ale’s sweet embrace when in the city.” She nods contently with finality, pretending to take the first sip. She raises one brow, watching and waiting for the powder to work it’s effect. When it does, she simply needs to pluck the scroll from its place and walk out through the front doors.

Marella wouldn't steal from an old man off the side of a road- she's not that petty. She walks by the old man without a second glance. The travellers ahead hold no interest to her either, so she brushes past them swiftly, humming a merry tune.

[Questions]
MC Name: ArcturusLight 

Skype Name: chrisyupp

Why do you want to join?: 

I would like to join the Master Thieves Guild for a number of reasons. As I play my thief character, I'm constantly looking for further ways to implement my character into interesting scenarios and the various villainous organizations of the server, exploring the variety of villainous activity the server has to offer. I had planned on seeking out this guild at an earlier point in time, however, I got caught up in roleplay with a separate group, that has since demanded less of my time. When I brought this up to Freema, in a separate conversation, he welcomed me to apply, so here I am!

How will you provide the guild and the LOTC community with a great RP experience?:

Well, the character, when developed, some 3 months ago or so, was originally developed as a part of a project between Myself and Sir_Wyvernos to help stimulate and encourage RP throughout Asulon. After a time, he grew to busy to play his character, however, I began to enjoy the role I was assuming, and continued traveling, for the betterment of the roleplay on the server. so, in a way, this character has always been devoted to creating an immersive and interesting experience.

What do you think are vital in RP? (I.e Emotes, RP fights over MC fights etc):

I think likely the most vital aspect of roleplay is open-mindedness. Considering the other player in addition to yourself, and through that deciding the optimal and most entertaining method of roleplaying out  situation. While I generally encourage detailed RP such as emoting and RP combat in opposition to PvP, I try to be accepting of all types of RP, and will try to bend my will to accommodate as many players as possible.

To break the Guild laws, or the Server laws is instant banishment unless in a specific circumstance where you are offered an appeal form by the Guild, do you understand this?:

Of course. Seems fair enough to me.

[Character Questions]
RP name: Madame Fifika

Biography:

[For all intents and purposes required here, I believe simply copying the biography used on my VA should suffice for this. If need be, I can write something else.] 

Fifika is a twenty-seven year old woman who has spent the vast majority of her life on the road with her childhood friend and scheming companion Zindelo, who was raised in the same gypsy-like culture as herself, although the majority of her kind either died out from disease and the rigors of travel or became too enticed by the idealism of complacence to continue the harsh but lucrative, and in Fifika's eyes, enjoyable way of life.
She was raised on the ideas that honor has its place in this world, however that must come after personal gain, but out of laziness, she generally interprets this creed as not going out of her way to do harm, unless she is, on a whim, feeling particularly righteous, or destructive. It was not far into her adolescence that she discovered that good looks could be exploited for much, much more that mere courtship, and thus she began tapping into the complexities of the male desire and mindset, to find the best ways to make use of the privilege. 
While never learned in the arts of reading or writing, or even mathematics to much of an extent, she has a brutal though tried and true system of using the desire of others to feed into the desires of herself, often leading to her own gain, and when paired with her companion Zindelo's more up-close-and-personal methods of petty labor and occasional trickery, they found themselves making often more than enough to sustain the two of them.

[Note: The player of the character Zindelo [sir_Wyvernos] no longer has the time to dedicate to this character, thus leaving Fifika as a lone traveler.]

Personality:

Fifika is a rather fiery and rambunctious soul. Witty, and experienced, though not versed well in the academic studies. She has a strong, albeit altered sense of honor, and as thus only respects those who have sincerely proven themselves. Highly anarchistic, Fifika believes the idea of hierarchy and men who own other men is rather sickening, and holds a grudge against those she would consider unfit for power. She is somewhat of a kleptomaniac, and becomes irritable without a regular thrill, whether it be, most commonly, through theft or conning, though on occasion gaining the same satisfaction from destruction, such as destroying a statue, keg, or vase.

Motives:

Fifika is driven mostly by material possession, making an effort to bring in the most profit to herself. Second to wealth, she values experience, and thus finds herself constantly seeking ways to prove, improve, and broaden the horizons of herself. Lastly, depending on her attitude at the time, she may on a whim find herself to be slightly more honorable than usual, rarely going as far as to put herself in danger for the sake of others.

Aspirations:
Fifika has few long term goals, dreading the thought of ever settling down. Her only aspiration is to continue living, and to continue on the path she already finds herself down, enjoying every thrilling moment of an adrenaline-pumping life of crime.

You notice a rich foreign merchant in the markets browsing wares such as jewelery weaponry and armor. You notice a stall owner has just walked away from his stall for a few moments, several guards are patrolling the area, the merchant walks towards the stall to browse its wares. To the North is a sewer grate you could escape through, though the guards seem to be patrolling it more than usual. How will you pull of this thievery?: 

Fifika ponders the situation, walking over to examine the wares briefly. She looks carefully back to the guards, and then to the merchant, before making her decision. Casually, she strolls over to the guards, requesting their assistance in a plea of false desperation. A ring, large, opulent, and golden, lost to the grate of an open sewer. But how, says she, is a poor woman to crawl all the way through and search for her heirloom? No, but the brave, and stoic guard honorably agrees to her request. Quickly, as the dull clinking of chainmail grows fainter and fainter, Fifika approaches the merchant. A moment is spent exchanging the details of "Madame Fifika's Future Sight". Close your eyes, she beckons, and for only ten coins, that yet-to-come shall be granted upon the darkness of his eyelids. Smirking, as the fat man is so easily lulled into the ruse, she grabs a handful of necklaces, scrambling down the road.

The Upright Man has asked of you to steal a scroll from a house that is just outside the city limits of Alras, the house seems to be alive with laughter and drunken men, you look through a window to see the chest is in the room, while 5 drunken men sit around the fire telling war stories, they seem armed but drunk, you see in the corner of your eye a small hole in the roof into the room. The door hinges are old and rusty, it can be easily kicked down. How will you pull of this thievery?:

Fifika stops for a moment, thinking of the stories and legends she had heard in the Alras area. Coming to mind was the recent rumors floating about the local taverns of an abominable snowman. Systematically, and carefully, she wanders the inns and empty homes of the city, searching for any patch of white fur. After a good hour or so of wandering, a brilliant tunic of fur is discovered on a rack by one of the local inn rooms. Swiftly, she returns to the target home, smashing in the window with her warhammer, and leaving tufts of the fur in position all about the window, before sliding against the wall, hiding from their sight around the corner . Drunken and riled up, the men shout excitedly, bearing their arms and setting off on their righteous yeti hunt. Quickly, Fifika slips in through the window, and retrieves the scroll, scrambling out just as swiftly, however not without a bottle of ale from the shelf.

An old man has taken rest from his travels under a tree, his bag is to the left of him, he appears to have a dagger on him. In the far distance you see some travellers coming, though they are still a far while off. How will you pull off this thievery?:

Fifika waits for a moment, fishing through her ragged clothing for the necklaces she stole in the earlier instance with the merchant. She approaches the coming travelers, sure to keep within earshot of the old man. With the necklaces in hand, she offers up an exchange, looking for a consealable weaponry, leading them to believe she had plans to fool highwaymen into kidnapping her, in plans to assault them. The travelers, somewhat lacking in funds nearing the end of their long trip, politely decline, though the old man, within intentional earshot, takes up the offer. Sacrificing a number of material possessions for the dagger, she defuses any potential danger to herself, and immediately upon the exchange, she sprints over, wresting the man's bag, and making off as fast as her legs could take her.

Do I NEED a VA for the guild? Can I apply now and write a VA? I can help but not do evil actions..?