The Dark Brotherhood

Lawrence Berell

*Hearing the not-initiate finally crash to the ground, Cael chuckles, and begins sketching on a small piece of paper, basic designs for the council room in Alras. His existence must stay secret for now.*

"Hm...now should that chair go here...or there..?"

((What are you then? Sorry, haven't been keeping up with ranks.))

*wanders through the empty room, deep in thought.*

"Wider, taller, deeper... I dun know what will make dis da right size. If it is too big, it loses the..."

*continues in thought, studying the room*

*Bored, Cael pops his head through the wall to see what's going on in the hallway. Seeing Procrisio, he chuckles, and makes the hallway hazy and damp, practically eliminating visibility, especially for the aging dwarf. Sneaking up behind Procrisio, Cael whispers into his ear..*

"Do not fret, noble old dwarf, through my guidance, you can make the room any size, whilst still expressing the grandeur you want."

*After blowing into his ear to creep him out, Cael wanders back to his jail cell, letting the thick mist in the hallway dissipate. Laughing silently to himself, Cael begins designing his plans for the device, and room, that will make the Dark Brotherhood immortal.*

[[Not going to lie, we need to do SOMETHING. We have a list of assassinations we would like performed behind a secret door at the end of one of our hallways. I'd pick a target, hunt them down, and kill dem. Make it an event, like we did with Mog in Renatus.

It seems like nothing's happened for a while :unsure:

Not that I would know, being I'm playing a Kharajyr]]

((Mhm.. Jexdane has to get back.. and take over... Ninja is a nice guy, but again, we're falling face first into the floor, and will cease to be known only as a myth, yes, we indeed need something to do, before I face palm so hard.))

*turns around as if someone was behind him only to see no one. The dwarf curses to himself, swearing it was Cael who had just said something. That was impossible though, Cael had died, at least that was the story. Slowly he loosens an axe wedged in his belt, straining in the dark to find the source of the voice.

Though old, Procrisio is used to the darkness of caves and his eyes quickly adjust. He sees nothing. He shrugs. Age, it seems, has finally started to decimate his senses. But the words strike a cord. If only Cael came back, this hall could truly represent the brotherhood.

Perhaps now would be a good time to try and contact his son. It was risky and Procrisio wasn't sure the lad was ready but life often does not wait for you to become ready. Occasionally it throws you headlong into the fray, regardless of moral or ethic reservations. Resolved, the old dwarf begins making plans.

*entering the Sanctuary, and moving over to his desk, he kicks a panel on the bookshelves which opens up a small safe. From within he withdraws two things- an old portrait of him, his daughter and his now dead wife, and some blank paper. Propping up the portrait, he begins to write down the latest contract.

The one for the execution of the Lost One.*

*Throwing his charcoal to the floor, Cael kicks the ground in frustration. His attempts to design something similar to what Regaki used to resurrect him have been fruitless, not to mention that Regaki hasn't been around lately anyway.*

"That bastard better come back soon, I'm going to need help with this..."

*Deciding that a walk through the base will clear his mind, Cael wanders into the hallways, silently ducking into the walls whenever somebody walks by. He wants to design something, like a wall of water, or a large pool, that high ranking brothers and sisters can attach their soul to, so as to become immortals like he and Relok'Oth. As an added bonus, if they die, it should be able to call their souls back. No doubt something like this would attract more members, not to mention make the guild stronger.*

"It's just...we need something to power it. Ender Pearls? No...to unstable. Redstone...? No, too mundane."

*Sighing, Cael climbs into a small alcove, on his way back to his cell/home.*

[[sally should be back in a month, I hope...after all, I only stayed with the Mori for a month. What we need to do is start recruiting in game. I know it's risky, but that's how I got Delthor (a man who once wore Assassins Creed skins in Al'Khazar), Regaki (a man who I actually tried to steal from with Delthor. He tried to kill me later on. To save my neck, I offered him membership), and a host of other members (who have long since become inactive). Waiting for people to find our thread and apply isn't going to work.

Also, I'm nagging my parents...they called Cogeco, so we SHOULD get internet at the end of this week. God I miss you guys....maybe I can go to a coffee shop tonight, get in game long enough to at least find our new base and establish my presence there...maybe, also, I need to activate Dragon Age II, and get some more Mass Effect II DLC]]

[[i probably won't stop playing a Kharajyr, it's just going to be too fun :mrgreen: But I will halt my character for periods of time to play Regaki again]]

Who do I send my application to?

Name ((MC)):

Slic3man

Name ((IG)):

Jester

Real Life Age:

Fifteen (15)

(sub)Race

(High) Elf

Combat experience:

((OOC: I used to be an Orc and played other characters, but my Orc was more centered on PvP while in the "klomp" arena))

IC: Jester has been fighting PKs for awhile due to his dislike to them, but it has blown over to the point where he had almost became king of Salvus. He is not wanted due to not many knowing his actions towards the PKs. Jester was also Second in command of the Crimson Blades for awhile until he was banished for trying to take control of the guild wholeheartedly. He was once a member of the White Ravens going by the name of Kalan, he was a guard. Jester has started riots among Salvus before, often ending up fighting gracefully and winning.

Give me a short summary of your character so far. The longer the better (but 2 paragraphs minimum)

Jester was born by an Orc and an elf, taking more of the Elven gene though. His parents were known as Sunbi and Alyssi, Sunbi being the elf and Alyssi being an Orc. He was born into a bad time and his father beat him with a wooden blade until he bleed and cried. Jester's mother was never around to help him and he was often alone. One day, when he was five, the people of Salvus began to take notice and took away Sunbi's child so he could cause no more harm. A dark elf took care of him, but Jester got away one day while the elf left the door open. Jester grew up mostly in Seventis after that, his father's beatings made a deep effect on his mind. A Jester or a entertainer took him in and trained him what he knew. Whether it be juggling daggers or making the people laugh with foolery.

Much years past and Jester was full grown. The Jester who took care of him had been stabbed years ago by bandits. Jester wore a black shirt with a black hood, a total of six daggers hanging off his leather pants. A iron mask lay on his face showing a blank emotion to whomever may look. It wasn't long till he had come across the Thyone, becoming a family member himself. After seeing all the family members acting how they did, blood and gore, it made Jester question the daily life of a boring citizen. He took off to Salvus, first time to be there. He saw a man immediately get shot off a roof by a PK. He didn't think much of it until it happened again and again. Jester then began to fight the PKs, in his mind they all seemed corrupt to the soul, but he just had a honest dislike for them.

Jester had met someone by the name of Elnir who he had given his arms to. Elnir had given Jester iron arms in replacement, Jester was quite pleased. He filed down the fingers to be like jagged claws and put gloves over them so he could use them when needed. He had taken a liking to agility and stealth over the years. He began to want to take up assassinations, but wanted the feel of having backup. Jester now tries to get into the Dark Brotherhood and take up what he now enjoys to do, with the other Brothers in the Dark Brotherhood.

Would you consider being a spy?:

Jester would consider being a spy, though he enjoys assassinations more. He would find it a fun thing to take place in.

Past military experience:

He hasn't joined any military regiments except for WR and CB. Renati has been trying to recruit Jester due to Jester's skill with the bow and blade.

Past criminal experience:

He has started riots before in Salvus and murdered a few people. It has basically all blown over due to his carefulness during these things.

Current Occupation (Miner, Smithing etc):

Jester is currently not occupied as anything. He looks forward to trying to join the Dark Brotherhood and becoming a assassin for pay.

Useful, Non-military Skills:

Jester has a tendency to speak good and convince others at times. He can also preform like juggling and entertaining which may be a good distraction or make a good cover for his assassinations.

What have you heard of us IC?

Jester hasn't heard much IC except for knowing that they are real in the world of Asulon. He has heard from a Spectre of their battles and how the Spectres say they beat them.

What have you heard of us OOC?

OOC, I've spoken to different members in according of whether on joining via RP or applying on the thread. Nothing other then that really happened.

What skill level do you currently hold on the following? Note, to rank past Neopyhte a skill requirement of 40 is required in one of these fields.

Swords: 100

Axemastery: 0

Archery: 100

Wrestling: 40 (I made this in order to make sense if my character is to fight with his claws during an RP fight)

Preferred weapon: Either the blade or bow, depends on the situation at hand.

Screening Questions

ACCEPTED villain app link (Required):

VA HERE

Are you wanted in any countries?:

None at all.

Why do you want to join?:

I wish to join in order to open up RP for Jester much more then it is at the moment. I also wish to join to give a true purpose to Jester's character.

Define powergaming thoroughly:

Powergaming is making your character more powerful for your own gain mainly. It would be like saying your character is automatically stronger then anyone else because you want him to be. It could also be like grinding mobs for skills or money unless given a decent RP reason. It may also take form of someone not taking in consideration the other Player's emotes and ignoring them on purpose for their own gain.

Ex. *Steve swings his sword at the Random Stranger's back without the Stranger knowing*

*Random Stranger flips around immediately and breaks the sword in half, then decapitates Steve with a karate chop*

Will you ever mention or hint the name or existence of this organization IC?

I will not.

"Legal" stuff

Will you tell anyone about your association with us ever (including OOC) or reveal any amount of information about who we are or what we do? And yes this is entirely necessary.

No I will not. I will keep everything secret both ways in case of Meta-Gaming or other bad things to come.

Do you realize that breaking any server rules may result in banishment at our discretion?

Indeed.

Do you realize that revealing any information about us either IC or OOC will result in banishment and multiple contracts for your head? This may extend to a permadeath.

I realize this.

Will you take multiple screenshots of all jobs related to the Dark Brotherhood?

The only way I would take any screenshots is if my employer tells me to or if there is any ban reports/strike reports needing to be made due to violation of server rules.

When I get to wear the uniforms?

*looks around, hoping that Kiryu is here.*

And..can..I borrow Kiryu's mask?

-snip-

((Excellent Application, as always, you require people to vote on your app. 3 would usually do so, but 2 are only here, I +1 this app, you have to wait for another High Councillor (fatwampa) or (XBLxSNAZZLEZ) to +1 you app. Please be patient :P))

[[i was told I was possibly being demoted for having a second character, so I'd wait for fatty]]

((If so, could you Skype of PM me who said this? I haven't heard nor do I feel is fair. Not like the guilds active anyway :P))